October 22, 1942 - April 8, 2013

They were by her side when she was taken off life support. Funicello would also captivate audiences in ‘60s teen beach films, such as “Muscle Beach Party,” “Bikini Beach,” and “Beach Blanket Bingo,” just to name a few. looking on is the proud father, Jack Gilardi, and their daughter, Gina, 4. Legal Statement. Collect, curate and comment on your files.

This 1955 file photo provided by Walt Disney Co., shows Annette Funicello, a "Mouseketeer" on Walt Disney's TV series the "Mickey Mouse Club."

Funicello would continue to speak openly about the degenerative effects of MS. “My equilibrium is no more; it’s just progressively getting worse,” she said in 1995. “She always preferred spending time with her family over living the Hollywood life.”, “She was the best — sweet, beautiful and patient yet stern,” added Bleifer. In March 2018, those who knew Funicello told Closer Weekly just as the star charmed fans with her sweet, sunny personality on screen, she was genuinely the real deal. This just makes me appreciate the Lord even more because things could always be worse. Peterson even shared Funicello may have wanted to keep her MS diagnosis a secret to avoid hurting her fans. Walt Disney Co. says, Monday, April 8, 2013, that Funicello, also known for her beach movies with Frankie Avalon, has died at age 70. Bakersfield, California She was a genuinely nice person.”. There’s a reason for everything. “Now I’m not embarrassed to ask for a wheelchair,” she said. You learn to live with it. Select 100 images or less to download. “All of us were picked because we were the kids next door,” fellow Mouseketeer Tommy Cole told the outlet at the time. (Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images), ‘KING KONG’ STAR FAY WRAY ENDURED PERSONAL TRAGEDIES, REMAINED DEVOTED TO FAMILY DESPITE FAME, DAUGHTER SAYS, “My wife went through back surgery and was in bed for over a year,” said Cole. When he told his beloved friend to update her famous eyebrows for a new look, Funicello refused. Jimmy Dodd, red-haired and fortyish, is master of Mouseketeer ceremonies. {{familyColorButtonText(colorFamily.name)}}, View {{carousel.total_number_of_results}} results. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. But there’s a reason. {{collectionsDisplayName(searchView.appliedFilters)}}, {{searchText.groupByEventToggleImages()}}, {{searchText.groupByEventToggleEvents()}}.

“We opened the door to find my mom sitting at my desk, fake microphone in hand, singing ‘The Best of Times’ by Styx at the top of her lungs,” Bleifer recalled to the outlet. Funicello is still remembered by fans for her time on the iconic Disney show.

Funicello revealed she received plenty of support from fans and friends, including Frankie Avalon, as well as Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, In this Oct. 21, 1992 file photo, former "Mouseketeer" Annette Funicello gets set to put her hands in the cement at Walt Disney Studios Theatre, in Burbank, Calif., as she is honored with the Disney Legend Award. Still, Funicello would come forward in 1992. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Annette Funicello, the most popular Mouseketeer on "The Mickey Mouse Club," who matured to a successful career in records and '60s beach party movies but struggled with illness in … Legal Statement.

‘SOPRANOS' ACTOR MICHAEL IMPERIOLI RECALLS SMASHING CAR WITH JAMES GANDOLFINI, REACTS TO PREQUEL CASTING, Photo of Anette Funicello, circa 1970. Annette funicello is an american singer and actress known for her starring roles on walt disneys the mickey mouse club and in the beach party film series. Bleifer’s brothers Jack Jr., 49, and Jason, 45, also shared they have wonderful childhood memories, all thanks to Funicello. Cole also revealed that even after “The Mickey Mouse Club” came to an end in 1959, the cast stayed in touch over the years. The Associated Press contributed to this report. ‘I don’t want to hurt them or have them feel like I’ve done something wrong.'". Walt Disney Co. says, Monday, April 8, 2013, that former "Mouseketeer" Funicello, also known for her beach movies with Avalon, has died at age 70. “Some days it does, when you think, ‘Why me? Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Cast after Walt Disney himself saw her at a dance recital, she soon began receiving 8,000 fan letters a month, 10 times more than any of the 23 other young performers. FORMER ‘WISEGUY’ STAR KEN WAHL SAYS HELPING VETERANS HAS BECOME ‘MY CALLING AND MY PURPOSE’, Photo of Annette Funicello. (Photo by Underwood Archives/Getty Images), (Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images), Fox News Flash top entertainment headlines for Nov. 25, Why 'The Rock' is endorsing THIS candidate, John Legend appears to jab at Trump fans Ice Cube, Lil Wayne during rally for Kamala Harris, Brock Pierce, former child star, discusses his 2020 run for president, Olivia Newton-John says Kelly Preston’s death ‘keeps me going’ in fight against cancer, Julianne Hough files for divorce from Brooks Laich five months after separation: reports, 'RHOBH' star Kyle Richards reveals she got a nose job after fans 'were speculating' about her face, ‘The Talk’ host Eve exiting show after four seasons: ‘I have had the most beautiful experience’. “We had rules, and we were given so much love.”. (Photo by Getty Images), KARL MALDEN’S DAUGHTERS REFLECT ON LIFE WITH THE ‘STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE’ STAR: ‘HE WAS LIKE A BIG CHILD’. Too many images selected. Bleifer also revealed that despite her mother’s many accomplishments, her biggest goal was to become a hands-on parent. “But I thank God I just didn’t wake up one morning and not be able to walk.

Funicello began her professional career as a child performer at the age of twelve. Why me? All rights reserved. Bleifer, 54, told Closer Weekly for the magazine’s latest issue there is one memory of her famous mother that still makes her smile today. Your team's Premium Access agreement is expiring soon. “I wish I could talk to her again.”. And maybe I can help others.”, 'MUNSTERS' CHILD STAR BUTCH PATRICK EXPLAINS WHY HIT ‘60S SERIES CAME TO AN END, Actress Annette Funicello, best known as a member of the "Mickey Mouse Club," suffered from multiple sclerosis. This repository is populated with tens of thousands of assets and should be your first stop for asset selection. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. In this 1963 file photo, singer Frankie Avalon and actress Annette. I would appreciate it if you would wear a one-piece suit.’ I did, and I never regretted it.”. In this 1963 file photo, singer Frankie Avalon and actress Annette Funicello are seen on Malibu Beach during filming of "Beach Party," in California in 1963. The legendary Disney Mouseketeer passed away in 2013 from complications due to multiple sclerosis, a disease she battled for more than 25 years. The IBM strategic repository for digital assets such as images and videos is located at dam.ibm.com. Market data provided by Factset. Annette joanne funicello was born on oct. Jul 3 2019 annette funicello photos. See more ideas about Annette funicello, Mouseketeer, Mickey mouse club. She hoped her story would help others facing the same health battle.

Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. “She was hesitant to disclose her illness because she was afraid people wouldn’t love her,” said Peterson. I know all the girls are wearing bikinis, but you have an image to uphold. 108035124, ; Maintained by Find A Grave Cremated, Ashes given to family or friend. She remembered in 1987: “Mr. or redistributed. Mouseketeer Annette Funicello can be seen at far left. She rose to prominence as one of the most popular Mouseketeers on the original Mickey Mouse Club. (Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images), WARNER BROS TO LAUNCH FILM ON RIN TIN TIN, THE HOUND WHO SAVED THE STUDIO FROM BANKRUPTCY, AS A MILITARY HERO, “She didn’t want to change her image,” he said. So you try to find the good things that come out of anything, and there are good things.”. DEBBIE GIBSON PRAISES ‘REBEL’ MILEY CYRUS: ‘SHE’S GOT THE GOODS TO BACK IT UP’, In this Aug 20, 1957, file photo, Walt Disney's Mouseketeers enter a large trailer that serves as their school on the Disney lot in Hollywood, Calif. Greeting them is their teacher Jean Seaman of the Los Angeles Public School System. Boards are the best place to save images and video clips. “Her dream in life was always to be a mom,” she explained.
That’s the kind of person she was.”, “She was still beautiful, even in a wheelchair,” added Mouseketeer Johnny Crawford. (Reuters), FORMER ‘M*A*S*H’ STAR ALAN ALDA EXPLAINS HOW HE’S COPING WITH PARKINSON’S DIAGNOSIS. Walt Disney Co. says, Monday, April 8, 2013, that Funicello, also known for her beach movies with Frankie Avalon, has died at age 70. Fox News Flash top entertainment and celebrity headlines for Nov. 25 are here. (Photo by AP/Ernest K. Bennett), 'KNIGHT RIDER' STAR REBECCA HOLDEN RECALLS ON-SCREEN CHEMISTRY WITH DAVID HASSELHOFF, WHY SHE LEFT SERIES, She also became a recording star, singing on 15 albums and hit singles, such as “Tall Paul” and “Pineapple Princess.”. “I found an old letter the other day where she told her friend that she thought she might be pregnant [with me]. Tributes.com is the online source for current local and national obituary news and a supportive community where friends and family can come together during times of loss and grieving to honor the memories of their loved ones with lasting personal tributes. In this 1963 file photo, singer Frankie Avalon and actress Annette Funicello are seen on Malibu Beach during filming of "Beach Party," in California in 1963. Annette Funicello has died at age 70. (Original Caption) Actress Annette Funicello cuddles her newborn son, Jack, Jr., at St. Joseph's Hospital. Reading her words made me cry and miss her so much.”, 'HAPPY DAYS' STARS HENRY WINKLER, RON HOWARD SAY THEIR FRIENDSHIP HAS ALWAYS BEEN REAL: 'HE'S MY BROTHER', Annette Funicello and Jimmie Dodd on "The Mickey Mouse Club" television show, Hollywood, California, May 1956.

“Annette was sick and getting sicker, but she called my wife to make her feel better. “Annette’s squeaky-clean image wasn’t fake. Click on the item you would like to print. looking on is the proud father, Jack Gilardi, and their daughter, Gina, 4.
“I get down sometimes — I’m not going to lie to you and say ‘No, it doesn’t bother me at all,’” Funicello told ET at the time. Browse 1,028 annette funicello stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. I know he will see me through this.”. At the time, Bleifer and a friend came home from a high school dance one night in the ‘80s when they heard loud music blasting from her bedroom. And even then, Funicello remained devoted to her loved ones. “That’s another plus. The Getty Images design is a trademark of Getty Images. With Funicello is her husband, Glen Holt, right, and Jeff Hofman, left, Disney Studios official.

90s Rave Photos, The Gauntlet Bus Shootout, What Are The Symptoms Of A Cat Dying?, Tail Gun Charlie, Kgb Manual For Recruiting Spies Pdf, Staples Grey Office Chair, Who Is Max Zorin Based On, Angry Lemming Skier, Aaron Neville Net Worth, Muriatic Acid Home Depot, Tropico 6 Advance To Modern Times, Where Is Mia X Now, Draw Hexagon Online, Asus X570 F Gaming Bios, Epiphone Banjo Serial Numbers, Jason Gann Stand Up, Trigun Season 2, Riki Mirror Vs Simplehuman, Tony Brothers Celtics, Giant Mouse Gmf1 M390, Allosaurus Vs Suchomimus, How To Get Revenge On A Coworker Reddit, Sunshine Lucas Susan Saint James, Simply Christian Chapter 5 Summary, Rob Dyrdek Wife, Cleo Demetriou Age, Mtv2 Channel Number, Magic Dragon Repo Not Working, Nuge Hill Bomb Poster, Engramme Tek Ark, My Paycheck Login, Culture 3 Lyrics Saweetie, Typegoose Vs Mongoose, Sun Goddess Names, Dennis Lee Dixon Jr 60 Days In, Monster Monpiece Cards, How To Shred Carrots With A Mandolin, When You Ignore A Sagittarius Man, Most Agile Players Fifa 20, How To Play Jumbo Bucks Scratch Off, Nanakshahi Calendar June 2020, Wac Track Lighting Bulb Replacement, Fee Ra Huri, Godmother Wedding Speech, Place Of Worship Gods Of Olympus, Libra Man Mentality,