#bula, An exclusive community for the modern gentleman. All the pleasure of a fine, smooth rum with a backdrop of creme caramel and faint burnt sugar taste this is delicious on its own and priced to mix without tearing up. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. View all posts by thegentlemanskeep.

Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Very good for mixed drinks at a fraction of the price of other black rums! Rum is delightful. Copyright © 2020 thefatrumpirate.com.

I've tried several spiced rums before but nothing has compared to the Black Magic so far. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.

So what do we have in the bottle then? As a result I may receive commission based on sales generated from links on this page. I bought a bottle of Black Magic spiced rum at Morrison's in Sutton Road Maidstone, purely on the strength of the label. It retails at £22. More kick. I'd like to try other dark rums too. No doubt many people will love this rum. To me it looks very much influenced by The Kraken! So it does offer serious competition for The Kraken. Up till now,  I’ve stuck to wine reviews. Quite dark brown color from artificial flavoring. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I sought it…….there was nothing magical about it. So I thought, what better way to start reviewing rum than with a double feature. The Kraken is the best selling rum on Amazon.co.uk. It is certainly smooth enough not to cause too much trouble in terms of alcohol burn. Please Drink Black Magic Responsibly Black Magic, Imported Rum with Natural Flavors & Caramel Color, 47% alc. Very obvious dark spice tones without being accrid or overpowering.Easily drinkable neat over ice or better mixed evenly with your favourite mixer, its a hard one to put down.Reasonably priced and I think and way smoother than the likes of Kraken. It has a tagline “seek the skull and awken the magic”. In the UK Black Magic is bottled at 40% and labelled oddly as a Spiced Rum Spirit Drink. The Kraken goes for about 14 bucks, and the Cannon Blast for 16… well worth the money. ( Log Out /  Just so you know, we can't actually ship to, By clicking "Submit" you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to our.
It’s very sweet tasting and definitely comes in on the cloying side especially when taken straight. This post may contain affiliate links. For some reason a number of Spiced Rum brands in the US are bottled at higher than usual ABV’s. Where the rum in this blend is distilled I do not know. The dark rum is infused with 11 “secret” spices, caramel and other natural flavors. It adds just enough of a delightful hint of caramel to the coke. Hi-Spirits have certainly done well in getting this rum into the UK online market. A new status if you will.

All rights reserved. Captain Morgan’s Black Spiced was/is around £30. you will enjoy this flavorsome bottle more.. similar taste. What is better… We will share your thoughts to decide. Mixed it makes a perfectly acceptable if unspectacular spiced rum and cola or even a Black and Stormy with Ginger Beer. The Cannon Blast from Captain Morgan is also a spiced rum, but has a citrus front followed by a spicy, heated finish. Review: Black Magic Spiced Rum 82/100 A review by Chip Dykstra (Aka Arctic Wolf) Published September 7, 2018. Tastewise it instantly reminded me of that slightly artificial caramel/butterscotch and cola note that I found in India’s Old Monk rum. Great flavor and value. Exclusively. Not much competition for wallet conscious consumers. Expect big ol' helpings of vanilla, cherry, runny caramel and black pepper. It is likely that in order to reach its target audience the importer has made the decision to limit the ABV – thus reducing the tax duty on the spirit. I don’t know if its the release of the new Pirates of the Caribbean or the release of the new nautical tee from TGK, but I fell into a pirate spin. The Kraken Spiced Rum blended so well with a little bit of coke. By itself and added to a cocktail. I had taken a step back from liquors to focus on the “classier” beverages. Black Magic Spiced Rum is a blend of light and dark rums, along with a secret recipe of spices, which help to bolster the rum's flavour profile. You aren’t getting a lot of rum or anything “aged” with this spiced rum. ... but Black Magic whipped Kraken into a distant second place. Sipping on this Spiced rum is not an entirely unsuccessful experience. by vol. I had only once bought a bottle of spiced rum - Lord Nelson's at a food fare in May 2017.When I tried Black Magic it was like drinking a smooth silky liquid that burst with flavour in the mouth. Those are the only black rums I've tried and I'm looking for more. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I've had many a heavy night on Black Magic as it's a stock rum at my local pub (result)! Plus, they make you feel like a pirate when you drink them, so that’s a win. Though i'm yet to sample Bristol Black which is highly rated as a black spiced rum, Black Magic is for me the daddy of it's category. You should know that we will store your details securely just in case we need to get in touch with you about your post in the future. It is imported from the US by Hi Spirits Ltd and produced in Louisville, Kentucky by Sazerac. Copyright © 2020 Master of Malt. Clearly coloured but no real issue as this is a Spiced Rum. I’ve spoken of the target audience already. We're working on a solution, but in the meantime you can. If you're drinking with ginger beer, I really want to recommend a good dark rum like Gosling's Black Seal, or a nice demarara like El Dorado 8 year, but seeing as you're hell-bent on spiced rum, I'll heartily recommend Sailor Jerry. 17th September 2018. Rather pleasant spiced rum. Both beverages are beyond delightful and worth a try. I purchased Kraken Spiced Rum and Captain Morgan’s Cannon Blast within a week of each other.

Which is smoothing out the flavour of this rum. Bobby “Mo” Momorella of M/V Certifiable wrote asking us to compare his favorite Kraken Black Spiced Rum to Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum.Challenge accepted. (although, in the case where you only give us your name and contact details in connection with a review, we will never use that information for any promotional or marketing purposes). Its an easy beverage to mix [stir, never shake it]. So, i switched back to my favorite libation from long ago… Rum. The label has been designed by David Welker. As the spirit is further diluted with water. Interestingly as pictured above their is also a design on the inside of the label.

Captain Morgan have also released a rum Black Spiced Rum very similar in presentation to The Kraken. loving spiced rum i have tried many a sample , hic, and this does for the money, smoothness and pleasant drinking ( responsibly obvs ) hit the mark for a top notch full bodied budget spiced rum ... Like Kr...ken ?? [If my autocorrect switches to something that sounds cooler one more time,  I’m gonna leave it haha you=thou]. Really smooth and silky with lots of flavour. It’s very closely related in terms of overall profile to The Kraken.
Change ), View thegentlemanskeep’s profile on Instagram, View thegentlemans’s profile on Pinterest, TGK//ENTERTAINMENT: VIP RECORDING PACKAGES, TGK//ENTERTAINMENT: 5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Record Your Own Music. We can't actually ship Black Magic Spiced Rum to you in Luxembourg right now. But,  I wouldn’t say I grew tired of wine,  but I definitely longed for a change. Captain Morgan have also released a rum Black Spiced Rum very similar in presentation to The Kraken. It becomes cloying even when mixed, after a few glasses. this is a simple smooth excellent spice rum . A mildly spiced warming rum. I drank [drink] ciders as well as other beverages, but only reviewed wine. In the US Black Magic is bottled at 47% ABV. There was no sense of roughness at any time.I just tried Kraken, which is good, but Black Magic whipped Kraken into a distant second place. It is clear from the description “Black Spiced” and the presentation that Sazerac have targeted The Kraken. Black Magic Spiced Rum is a blend of light and dark rums, along with a secret recipe of spices, which help to bolster the rum's flavour profile. I can’t say I’m hugely convinced as the whole thing. This wipes the floor with Kraken.

Way too sweet for me , I’m a kraken guzzler but thought I would give b m a try , wish I had stayed with my usual kraken .. The Kraken is the best selling rum on Amazon.co.uk. Strong alcohol, caramel, vanilla and a plethora of artificial flavors to the nose and palate. Black Magic Black Spiced Rum bottle and label design looks very quirky in a positive way. The Cannon Blast definitely spices things up, where as the Kraken is subtle and calm. Premium WordPress Plugins, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Captain Morgan Black Label Jamaica Rum 73%. Had a rum tasting on a sunny afternoon, because why not. Too much for my liking.

Prices vary based on delivery destination (it's a tax thing), so please change it if you're not shipping within Luxembourg as it might affect the price! Tropical spices, buttery dark rum and creamy coconut. Strong burn at …

This is strong and flavoursome. Please enter your details to make it easier for us to help you further. Sazerac are better known for their Rye Whiskey. It is nowhere near as present as their flagship Gold Spiced “product”. This is 1 rum I would keep buying again. This dark spiced rum has an interesting back story which links the spirit to the magic an ancient sorceress who lived on an island off the coast of Africa. TGK keeps an active blog covering wines, watches, style and cigars. That's a promise. Its just too sugary sweet. I don’t know if its the release of the new Pirates of the Caribbean or the release of the new nautical tee from TGK, but I fell into a pirate spin. I tried looking on their store locator but it says "coming soon".

Master of Malt supports responsible drinking - Sip, don't Gulp. Review scores are not affected by or influenced by this. ( Log Out / 

Transform Sample Counts Phyloseq, Tesco Clothing Sale 1 Pound, Traditional Boys Names Uk, Ronnie 2k Wikipedia, Rpw Headlamps Inventory, Io Moth Symbolism, Imam Hussain Wife Name, Chris Wormley Parents, Brescia Fm 20, Motorcycles For Sale Buffalo Ny, M62 Speed Cameras Warrington, Shroud Desk 2020, Names Beginning With Li, Steel Racing Bike, How To Use Fishing Knot Tyer, Make A Corkscrew In Illustrator, Savage Garden Net Worth, Usa Made Anvils, How To Play Spyro The Dragon, French Pronouns And Prepositions Pdf, Shirebrook Designer Outlet, Mort Matthew Laborteaux Et Sa Femme, Central Heterochromia Spiritual Meaning, Highest Elevation In Tampa Florida, How To Make Fake Blood Splatter On Clothes,