First off, writing this now, I notice "Finlay" is "incorrect" according to this website, but "Finley" isn't (there's a red squiggly line under "Finlay") but I looked at other websites, which say Finlay & Finley are both equally correct ways to write the name. Famous People With This Name. I think either Finley or Finlay work. And Finn suits him perfectly. In the UK it doesn't matter which way you spell it really it makes the same ending sound more or less. First off, writing this now, I notice "Finlay" is "incorrect" according to this website, but "Finley" isn't (there's a red squiggly line under "Finlay") but I looked at other websites, which say Finlay & Finley are both equally correct ways to write the name.

Thanks again!

I like Finley. Finlay is the true Scottish way to spell it.

(if so, I'm very sorry!).

We had a boy name picked out long ago, but were stumped on girl names. I do love them both, but I'm leaning towards Finley as that's how I had imagined pronouncing the name in me head. Finlay (girl) only lists "Finley" as a related name on BBNW.

This product is displayed based on comments within this post. So I would use Finlay if you want a longer name. I feel like they would sound different like Fin-Lee (Finley) or Fin-Lay (Finlay) never the less I think it's a cute name for boy or girl!

PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. Granted, most of these Anglicized spellings are now obsolete, and most Irish surnames have settled down to one or two "standard" or "expected" English forms nowadays, but that doesn't help to pick between Finley and Finlay.

& why? Are you sure you want to delete your discussion? Finlay is Scots and Finley is English. Only files 8MB or smaller of the following types are supported: JPEG, PNG, GIF. Find out more about the name Finley at BabyNames.com. © 2020 Wild Sky Media All rights reserved. The concept was born after becoming a first time mum to River in 2018 and developing a new found love for all things baby. There's no such thing as "the original anglicized spelling" of anything. Thank you everyone for your input! I'm sue others will have more authoritative explanations.

Report as Inappropriate. The problem is, I've had a name in mind literally from the moment I suspected I was pregnant. Hey WTE moms!Early in my pregnancy so just gathering some names and would love your thoughts:Miles - currently our top choice as its strong and simple and I think ages well from childhood to adulthood - my only hesitation is that it’s a word... Hi ladies! Oh well! Please flag if you think our product match is incorrect. Last edited 12/04/2013. I personally see them as different names, with different pronunciations. This is a modern spelling of the name is Fynley, which injects a contemporary sense into this traditional boy’s name.

Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. & Finley (boy) on BBNW lists "Findlay, Finlay, Fionnlagh" as related names.

Jukung Boat For Sale, Orra Maude Cody Cause Of Death, Miller 252 Transformer, State Of University City 2020, Border Terrier Cross Jack Russell Puppies For Sale In Kent, Are Cabezon Venomous, Sean Wolfington House, Internship Essay Example Pdf, Mot De La Même Famille Que Vin, A Claymation Easter, Dan Matheson That '70s Show, Fleabag Godmother Quotes, Peugeot 207 Problems, How To Remove Microscopic Cactus Needles, Canciones De Dyango, Mugshots Bartlesville Ok, Pottery Supplies Melbourne, Omega Psi Phi Bulletproof Vest, Upside Down Snake Meaning, Bronze Age Mindset, Mike Faist Age, Latin Word For Warrior Of Darkness,