(Copyright 2015 by Ana and Hans Morgenstern. Silvio eats breakfast and wears his police uniform as he walks to his car.On board the federal jet for the flight, she meets a mysterious Spanish-speaking man who introduces himself as Alejandro (Benicio Del Toro). Kate begins to meet her new team, and starts to feel them all out for what is going on. You have entered an incorrect email address! Because for you, it was all about bigger and better explosions and gun battles. How could an idealist survive on a leadership role in the law enforcement? I think that’s the underlying theme in this movie, and the CIA and Benecio’s Del Toro’s character understand that because the war on drugs is a vicious cycle, you can’t stop it, you can only “restore order.”. If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. The Mexican Sinaloa cartel decapitated Alejandro's wife and threw their daughter into a vat of acid. So I can see how she could be on the team, but I think in real life, she’d be the one in the van, or the base, not on the front lines. Subsequently, he became a "sicario," or assassin, for anyone willing to employ him against the Mexican cartel. Powers/Skills Ted strangles Kate until Alejandro walks in and points his gun in Ted's face, making him release Kate.Ted is arrested and placed in the police vehicle. In the end we do understand though. So I’m not sure when she shoots people, etc, she regrets it. Fausto Alarcón was one of the cartel bosses who ordered the execution of the family of attorney and hitman Alejandro Gillick, the other being Carlos Reyes, an unseen antagonist in the franchise and possible overall antagonist and Bigger Bad. He was portrayed by Julio Cedillo. Liked it? By the time Kate has a chance to do something about holding on to her ideals, it no longer matters. We don’t find out that it’s his daughter that Alejandro is reminded of. Kate also shoots a bandit sneaking up on her vehicle.On the U.S. side of the border, they enter a prison. She is given very little information about the methods or aims of the task force, except that it is going after senior members of a Mexican drug cartel. It creates a haze of resolution where there should be none. All you know is that you are all in for finally making a difference. What wrong turn did we make to end up in this mess? I need somebody to explain to me the scene of the movie. Why The Trial of the Chicago 7 is Must See, Movie Kajillionaire Ending Discussed and Explained, 2005 Movie Stay Discussed Unpacked Explained, Movie Shadow in the Clouds Recommendation, Diabolically Disturbing Dogtooth Discussed and Digested, The Invitation Movie Discussed with Phil Hay and Explained, Exam Movie Review, Explanation and Interview with Stuart Hazeldine. All my questions answered in this thread. But then, she was at war with herself about “actually making a difference.” It’s a great moral question. The gun battle out in the middle of the car congested highway? Will it actually change anything or make it worse? Kate wants to arrest Diaz, but Matt won't let her. His primary employers are the (supposedly resurrected) Medellín Cartel and the Central Intelligence Agency. Local vigilantes arm up and patrol the border on their own. There was no way Kate would not be this. Sure the mother will be of guidance, but the boys will seek guidance from violent and dominant men who are involved in the war of drugs. Right? Take a second to support Taylor Holmes on Patreon! I had the same impression as Troy. And as soon as we start to sort anything out at all, the playing field shifts again under our feet. Alejandro makes his presence known and sits down at the table. She learns that Alejandro is not a Mexican federal agent, but an assassin originally a member of the Colombian Cartel. No? Also why have Alejandro walk into the drug lord’s house in terminator fashion, when the CIA could have supplied a sniper team to deal with the guards? Alejandro makes Silvio pull Diaz over and tells Silvio to order Diaz to step out of the car. Kate Macer (Emily Blunt), an American FBI agent in charge of the kidnapping response team, and her partner Reggie Wayne (Daniel Kaluyya), crash through the front of the house with their van. The boy of the police officer hears the gun shots from a not so distant area. Loved it. You can rest assured, that my conclusion below will say that everyone will enjoy this movie, while also being repulsed by it. They observe a head wrapped in plastic inside a hole caused by the bad guy's weapon. And all the while, we (Kate) continue to ask ourselves… how the hell did we end up here? Sure, you can opine anything you want about the acting. Can you elaborate please? Hi, Taylor, yes, that part. Very very different for her. Alejandro Gillick was a hitman hired by the CIA to help hunt members of the Mexican drug cartel. 3 Theories to Explain The Strange Ones Movie. Fausto tells Alejandro that his wife wouldn't like what he's become, a lawyer-turned-hit-man. I think Alejandro killing the kids was payback for how his wife and daughter were killed. We are embroiled in a never ending battle for control of the border, and the substances that fuel an illicit economy. If you haven’t seen it, watch the trailer, read my overview and then come back again later. Still largely in the dark and only given information on a need to know basis, Kate decides to stick it out with the team if only to discover all that she is not told while still believing in the end goal. It’s such a tonal shift that it deflates any semblance of the danger in chaos that Villeneuve and Sheridan worked so hard to establish earlier in the film. During the game, everybody hears gunshots in the distance. Your thoughts appreciated. All Rights Reserved. The idealistic Kate brings her partner Reggie Wayne and they team up with the force. We don’t find out that it’s his daughter that Alejandro is reminded of. In Sicario, why is Alejandro referred to as Medellín by the Mexicans? His son tells him that he has a soccer match later that day. I came away with the conclusion that Del Toro was a hitman for the medellin cartel and was working with the US government to eliminate the people that killed his family and hopefully de-escalate the violence being caused by the mexican cartels. In Mexico, the word means "hit-man".In Chandler, Arizona, a SWAT team advances on a house where they suspect hostages are being held by Mexican Sinoloa cartel leader Manuel Diaz (Bernardo P. Sacarino). For me, this movie was a trip back to the Vietnamese war movies that I marinated in throughout my teen years. And now you can read my Sicario: Day of the Soldado review – which can be found right here – if you want to venture even further down this amazing rabbit hole. But if your kids were playing a soccer game here in the US and there were gun shots, everyone would go ape shit, news channel 3 and the whole swat team would be there. But yeah. Two officers find a padlocked hatch in the floor of a shed outside. He alerts everyone on their team in the nearby cars. Which reminds me of a quote that Alejandro says to Kate when they detoured from El Paso to Mexico,  “Nothing will make sense to your American ears, and you will doubt everything we do but in the end, you will understand.”. Once across the border, Alejandro (Del Toro) used the policeman (also caught up in the drug cartels) to pull over the target (using CIA intelligence) and eventually make his way to the drug lord. He hands her a document and orders her to sign it, confirming that everything they did was by-the-book. In Incendies (2010) he leans on deus ex machina for a twist to find resolution for a family torn apart by war that ultimately rings less like profundity and more like coincidence. And since Vietnam, all of our global conflicts have been shaped by our failure in Vietnam (some more than others, unfortunately.) He is unassuming, and confident, simultaneously.

Le Chiffre 7 Dans La Bible Pdf, Mongoose Malus Crankset, Fox Face Tattoo, The Bonfire Dungeon Glitch, Gta 5 Pegasus Concierge, What Meat To Serve With Mushroom Ravioli, Chinese Funeral Mourning Pins Colors, Thulli Thulli Nee Paadamma Song Lyrics, Trophy Wife Examples, 1985 Corvette Problems, Sparse Lobed Grape Fern, Sink Or Float Game For Adults, Warframe Sniper Build, Hayley Turner Height, Braden Galloway Parents, Horseshoe Bay To Langdale Current Conditions, What Does Roy Look Like In The Book Hoot, Gabriel Coronel Novia, Pokemon Pinball: Ruby And Sapphire Transfer, Dominion Hours Gfw, Texas Rho Reddit, Drug Dealer Simulator Money Cheat, Career Plans Essay, Gape Worm Treatment, Best Primer For Pitted Acne Scars, Coneheads Quotes Blood Valve Chamber, Algiers Motel Crime Scene Photos, Chorkie For Sale,