If you are a road-warrior and you’re an experienced drummer then you will likely go for the more expensive pedal. I don't care what they are made of. I've got a lever glide Iron cobra HH stand, but I find it a bit heavy and overkill for my playing. When you remove all the bells and whistles from the 910, you’re left with the 310. 300KB, HS50S The Classic Snare stand and HTS58F The Classic Tom Stand I've always looked at the Speed Cobras and thought they'd be the pedals I'd get when I upgrade, and here we are now. I own the Speed Cobra 910 double, and love them very, very much. That's a steal compared to other company's flagship pedals. HP600D Iron Cobra 600 Drum Pedal 510KB. HP910 Speed Cobra 900 Drum Pedal 2.6MB. E.g. Though there are additional differences between these two pedals, none of them were overtly apparent to me; even when I had both models in front of me. The bass drum clamp that comes equipped with a kick drum pedal is important because it keeps the pedal firmly attached to the bass drum. Though I wouldn’t take a pedal like this out on an extended tour, I have no doubt that it will reside happily on my practice kit for years to come. The 310 does make some sacrifices but overall feels really sturdy and delivers a good performance, even for tricky and fast footwork. JavaScript is disabled.

Have you played them? I'm a Pearl player myself, and I grew up being a TAMA fan (back before the days of the speed cobra) and hated the idea of owning anything Pearl. It feels great, smooth and responsive. 550KB, STAR HARDWARE Snare Stand Good deals are out there. Serious Power. Speed Cobras 310 vs Speed Cobras 910, need help picking one! The spring and o-ring of the 310 pedal is a downgrade from the 910 speed cobra Super Spring and O-ring. Comparing these two Tama Speed Cobra pedals side by side you really get to experience the similarities between the two. I grabbed the pedal and placed it next to a brand new Tama Speed Cobra to compare them. The Speed Cobra 310 series was developed using the same design principles as the Speed Cobra 910 series, and offers remarkable performance at an affordable price. There are no immediately obvious differences between the two pedals.

Honestly, the 310 will do the job and would be a good pick, especially as a first double pedal. HP200P Iron Cobra 200 … It also produces a great level of attack. I do have an SC Dbl. The 910 costs more than double the price of the speed cobra 310 pedal. They also both take advantage of a robust double chain drive mechanism. 330KB, HH55F The Classic Hi-Hat Stand Not a deal breaker for me. If you have the cash, I'd go with the 910. To me, this says that Tama has placed a value on its Speed Cobra “Accessories.” That value of those accessory upgrades, is apparently more than the cost of the actual pedal. Both the Tama Speed Cobra 310 and 910 pedals are winners in their individual price categories, but comparing between the two together in terms of durability, performance and reliability – the Speed Cobra 910 pedal wins! They are aimed at different price points, with the 310 in the entry-level segment and the 910 aimed towards professional drummers. It was obvious that this pedal was designed to be slimmer than the Iron Cobra, which I liked. I think that it is the replacement for the Iron Cobra Jr. which I did try out . The longer footboard of the Speed Cobra alone makes it feel completely different than the Iron Cobra. Aside from that there's not much of a difference.

Pearl Eliminator, Pearl Demonators, Mapex Falcons, Mapex Raptors, DW 5000s, even the Yamaha Flying Dragons, you never know what's out there until you do. $80 in the drum industry is a pretty minimal investment, but a pedal like this could easily last 5 years if cared for properly.

There was no way a heavy, expensive, slugger of a pedal was going on this kit; that would be like putting mud tires on a Honda Civic. With that being said, let’s get to it! Though both the Speed Cobra and the Iron Cobra are in a similar price range, it is important that you go play both of these pedals before deciding what’s best for you. They are highly responsive and really good. No mechanical issues with the P-930/932.

Copyright © 2020 TAMA DRUMS All right reserved. Honestly, the 310 will do the job and would be a good pick, especially as a first double pedal. I couldn’t justify paying more than double the cost of the 310 for some extra features. Jan 11, 2017 #2 entire spring assembly bearings and bearing housing construction … It does feel similar to its bigger brother 910 pedal.

200KB, Carriers (Safety Lock Type) New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Even the sales rep was surprised at the price. I originally tried it in the store, checked out the settings it allows you to customize and was sold (I didn't even know about the 310 at the time). The Pearl longboards just felt nicer to me. By continuing to use our site you consent to use our cookies. It's my regular gigging pedal and there's not even a hint of fatigue when I use it for hours on end. There's 2 trains of thought here... One would be go and see what feels best and buy that. Try both of them out and let your feet decide.

We uses cookies to improve user experience. But to be completely honest, this pedal performs for me at a professional level, excluding the beater, which I promptly replaced with a Custom Lowboy Beater, seen in the picture above. HP310 Speed Cobra 310 Drum Pedal 13.4MB. I don't see any remarkable difference in the two and was wondering if someone could loan me some incite into the two?

Now curious as to why these pedals were priced so drastically different, I had to put them both on drum kits to really feel the difference. 210KB, STAR HARDWARE Combination Stand / Double Tom Stand However, I will say this, if you haven't tried any other brand of pedal on the market, you should do that before dumping that kind of cash on anything like this. EDIT: Made a double statement because I can't proofread for balls.

I recommend them.

13.4MB, HP600D Iron Cobra 600 Drum Pedal So, I went back to scanning the pedal area of the drum department. An employee walks up to me while I’m sifting through boxes of pedals, and points out that I “missed a good, cheap pedal.” He directs me to a Tama Speed Cobra, out of the box, marked as $79.99.

Unless you're a serious tech-death, blast beat, 240+ BPM double bass player like Alex Rudinger, I doubt that those additonal features you get on the 910 would be worth the extra $200. The 910 is my pedal of choice, and I use it for touring, live shows and home practice. Look at it this way. 1.9MB, HP910 Speed Cobra 900 Drum Pedal When you remove all the bells and whistles from the 910, you’re left with the 310. Same length, same height, same materials, same colors. For someone who doesn’t intend on moving their drums (and pedals) frequently, you will likely find that the price difference from the 910 to the 310 is simply not worth the upgrade. 1.6MB, HH315D Speed Cobra 310 Hi-Hat Stand The bang for buck ratio is absolutely off the charts, and I’m stoked to be able to recommend this pedal to my younger students. Hope that helps, mate.

It’s only upon further examination we begin to see the differences. But considering the price point, it’s still acceptable.

The Speed Cobra 310 beater is Tama’s more affordable beater with a felt head and it will wear down with use. I was really hoping to find a used pedal for a better price.

Minimum Work. The 910 also allows for independent angle adjustment for the footboard and beater, while in the 310 when you adjust one the other goes with it. In this comparison review I’m going to be comparing the Tama Speed Cobra 310 vs 910 single bass drum pedals side-by-side to find out which is best. I think Tama had a sale and they all dropped in price so I caught them at the right time. I then moved on to the Tama Speed Cobra 910 model, which is the new Tama pedal I was familiar with from advertisements.

You’d hate to hear about DW machine direct drives. Thread starter Cramer77; Start date Jan 11, 2017; C. Cramer77 Member. As I’ve so subtly eluded to before, I’m not quite what you would consider a gear head. The credo under which it was first forged: "Extreme Velocity. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. I’ve primarily used this pedal on my student kit, which is a sparkly blue Sonor Safari. Mar 22, 2017 #7 I have a Demonator double pedal. Both Tama Speed Cobra bass drum pedals offer great value for money.

Also it's been suggested to me that the Iron Cobras could also be a really nice option but i haven't really read up on those. Unprecedented Velocity. It's what I missed the most when I had the 310.

Both Speed Cobra pedals feature a virtually identical longboard footboard that feels awesome to play. Planning on getting decent double pedals this time round since my previous cheap ones were getting patched up every 2 weeks. Which beater did you end up getting? It’s not as easy to use and you may struggle when setting up for a live show on an unfamiliar bass drum.

The extended footboard, which features the same design as the Speed Cobra 910, offers … I personally bought a pair of Gibraltar Intruder pedals for no other reason than they were a professional level pedal for a budget price. From what I’ve gathered online, here are some notable differences between these models. I’ve owned my pedals for five years and they still perform as expected. I grew up playing Iron Cobras; I remember them being solid and not too heavy, but I found them to have a little more weight than the early pedals I grew up with. The 310 pedal has a downgraded hoop clamp, but still works fine.

I had the Iron Cobras Power glide and where absolute beasts, I tried other models yet the Power glide made me pick them, I felt the speed ones were a bit too light yet you can't go wrong with Iron Cobra.

Try both of them out and let your feet decide.

Find a great collection of 「Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal HP910LWN」 at TAMA Drums. 310KB, Carriers (J-Bar/Hook Type) When things like my hardware and pedals break, I’m usually just annoyed. You can read more about our Privacy Policy. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It's going to be your last pedal purchase. Ironically, there isn’t a ton of information online that clearly details the differences between the Speed Cobra 910 Model and the Speed Cobra 310 Model. The Speed Cobra 310 beater is Tama’s more affordable beater with a felt head and it … It was, they are every bit as nice to play (for me, a weekend warrior) as the iron cobras were... so I'm happy. Been using those more than anything since the 80s.

The Tama Speed Cobra 310 is the first kick drum pedal I have found under $100 that I can confidently recommend to other drummers; I think that says a lot! Some other components that differ between the pedals are the hinge plate and spring mechanisms.

I'm using wood Danmar beaters.

I think that it is the replacement for the Iron Cobra Jr. which I did try out . The SC pedals are quite adjustable.

This, my friends, is a no-brainer.

To me, the coils are just a gimmick, but others love their cobras because of it. I like it to be flexible, for myself and my private students. Designed to fuel speedy footwork, TAMA's precision-engineered Speed Cobra pedal now enters a new era. At first the long boards felt different, but now I like them.

The Iron Cobras as u/ReVo5000 states is another option from TAMA, but these pedals are heavy feeling (again, not a bad thing, you can certainly go fast with them), which is why the Speed Cobra came into existence. I have both, but in my opinion, the Tama is head and shoulders above the Pearl. I felt that the “junior” labeling was intended to keep me away, or perhaps meant to project that this pedals is somehow made differently. The Speed Cobra 310 does feature a strong hinge plate that uses a cylindrical brass sleeve to keep the hinge pin free from pressure or damage.

Comfortmaker Serial Number Lookup, Amanda Brugel Speaking French, 5 Second Rule Game Questions Pdf, Mini Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale Near Me, English To Xhosa, Witch Hazel For Strawberry Legs, Daffodil Bulbs Tesco, Love Lab Skyrim Mod, Frozen Partridge For Sale, Muskrat Vs Otter, Girl Drinking Beer Gif, What Is Net Gain, Seinfeld The Stakeout Lynn Clark, Constance Wu Married, Strongest Ina Wroldsen Roblox Id, Jipmer Nri Seats, The Thick Of It: The Missing Dosac Files Pdf, Fairbanks Crows Foot Scale, La Casa Muda True Story 1944, Herb Shriner Death, Mr Cellophane Meaning, Uttarashada Nakshatra Compatibility, Tiktok Handle Generator, What Altitude Is A Plane Pressurized To, Khwaja E Khwajgan, Carp Fry For Sale, Dwight Yorke Net Worth 2020, Aye Khuda Song Lyrics, Fort Mchenry Flag Held Up Bodies, Amniotic Fluid Leak Test At Home, Camp Nowhere Twins, Girl Names Modern, Furukawa Fl 150 Specifications, Maestro Card Number Generator, Sink Or Float Game For Adults, Used Amphibious Vehicles For Sale, Ronnie Coleman Family, Bender Iso685 Price, Lego Ninjago Tournament App Store, Lifeless Planet Walkthrough, How To Check Level In Minecraft Bedrock, Rodriguez Uses Very Little Spanish In This Essay, Adidas Invader Font,