A handsome name with Scottish undertones. Famous Bearer: Alexander the Great. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Alastair, try our name generator. In Scottish Baby Names the meaning of the name Alastair is: Defender of man. Indeed it does look very regal. Sometimes used in the U.S. by parents with Scottish heritage. TV commentator Alistair Cooke; actor Alistair Sim.
The name Alastair means Defender Of The People and is of Scottish origin. I love this name. Am I the only one who thinks of Lord Of The Rings when I see this name? Most of the variants are different phonetic spellings of the name. In Gaelic Baby Names the meaning of the name Alastair is: defender of mankind. TV commentator Alistair Cooke; actor Alistair Sim. Copyright © 2020 SheKnows Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alastair. 10 Baby Names We Hope We’ll Never See Again After 2020, This Couple Named Their Baby After Their Internet Provider, Emily Maynard Johnson Just Revealed Her Baby Girl’s Name & It’s Full of Southern Charm, These Angelic Baby Names Are Perfect for Your (Let’s Hope) Little Angel, These Long & Elegant Baby Names Are Just the Right Amount of Fancy. These names tend to be more frequently used than Alastair. Alastair Rhyming, similar names and popularity. Love, love the name!

To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Would you like to follow Alastair? The same goes for Eleanor over Elinor. Scottish variant of Alistair, from Alexander. The spelling looks more appealing and I prefer the pronounciation too. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! (TOP 2000 NAMES, 2018). Just the way I pronounce it in my head. Alasdair, I like this name, but I always think of the demon from Supernatural so it's out for me. Alistair is the most contemporarily stylish boy name here. I agree about the sophisticated part. In Greek Baby Names the meaning of the name Alastair is: Defender; protector of mankind. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Alastair. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Alastair is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for boys. Alastar. Allistir, You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Alastair on Nameberry. Alaster, (2000 U.S. CENSUS), Prominent alternative forms of Alastair (OUTSIDE TOP 2000) are Alexander (#11 IN RECENT RANKINGS), Alistair (#1004), Alister (#1683) and Al. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Alastair is also an uncommon surname for all people. Alastair name meaning, Greek baby Girl name Alastair meaning,etymology, history, presonality details. Al,

This spelling is my preferred one, just because it looks more sophisticated. I don't have a preferable spelling. The name Alastair is a boy's name of Scottish origin. Alastair as a boys' name (also used as girls' name Alastair) is of Scottish and Greek origin, and the meaning of Alastair is "man's defender". Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. I would love to use this name but alas OH has vetoed it. Starbabies: Predicting the next celebkid names, Coming Attractions: New starbaby predictions, Newsy Baby Names: Billy, Dali, Ivey + True, Celebrity Baby Names Predictions: For starbabies on the way. I much prefer the spelling Alastair over Alistair. Allaster, Alastaire,
Scottish form of Alexander, originally spelled Alasdair Variations include: Allister, Alasdair, Alastor Suggested similar-sounding names are Abishai, Adair, Agustin, Alain, Alair, Alaire, Alamar, Alaric▲, Alavaro, Albain, Algar, Allain, Allgar (see Alger), Allston, Allstonn, Alltair, Allvar, Alomar, Alsten, Alstin, Alston, Alta, Altaer, Altair, Altayr, Alter, Alvar, Amasa, Amati, Amishar, Amitai, Anastagio, Anastas, Anastase, Anastasio, Anastasios, Anastasius (see Anastasios), Anastatius (see Anastasios), Anastice, Anastius, Anasto, Anastos, Anestis, Anstas, Aristio, Artair, Austin▼, Avishai, Avishar, Blair▼, Casimir▼, Casmir, Clair▼, Ellair, Kasimir, Katzir, Nasir▲, Slavomir, Vladamir, Vladimir, Wladimir and Yasir. ASSOCIATED WITH scottish, greek, defender, VARIANTS Al▼, Alasdair, Alasteir, Alaster, Alastor, Alaisdair, Alaistair, Alaister, Aleister, Alester, Alistair▲, Alistar, Alister, Allaistar, Allaster, Allastir, Allistair, Allister, Allistir, Allysdair, Allystair, Allyster, Alysdair, Alysdare, Alystair, Alyster, OTHER FORMS VIA ALEXANDER, ALISTAIR Alisdair, Alistaire, Alistir, Alastair is an uncommonly occurring first name for men. Most of the variants are different phonetic spellings of the name. Alastair as a boys' name (also used as girls' name Alastair) is of Scottish and Greek origin, and the meaning of Alastair is "man's defender".

To Americans, a quintessential British name, introduced to the U.S. public by suave journalist/PBS Masterpiece Theater host Alastair Cook. Alastair, Alistair, Alasdair...It doesn't matter to me. Usage of these relations of Alastair reached its highest 3 decades ago (MEDIAN #1369) and is somewhat lower today (#1174, DOWN 35%), with the version Al going out of style. Alastair Origin and Meaning The name Alastair is a boy's name of Scottish origin. Very handsome, one of my favorites. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Allystair, Laz could be cool too. © 2020 Nameberry.com.

I adore "proper" sounding names and Alastair is one of my favourites! Scottish variant of Alistair, from Alexander. Allastaire, In Scottish Baby Names the meaning of the name Alastair is: Defender of man. Nearly every Alastair, Alistair, Alasdair I know goes by Ali. To Americans, a quintessential British name, introduced to the U.S. public by suave journalist/PBS Masterpiece Theater host Alastair Cook. I like Altair - "falcon" - as a nn for this. I love Alastair over Alistair! Sometimes used in the U.S. by parents with Scottish heritage. this is a really underrated name it should b like top 100 at least its really good. Any nicknames for it other than Al?

Bethany Hamilton Husband, Hugh Rodham Net Worth, International Boyfriend Day 2019, Sudocrem For Nettle Stings, Alan Thicke Chopped Junior, High Life Strain, Cambridge Valiant Portal, Pari Malayalam Theri Meaning, What Is The Value Of A Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight, Black Folk Tea Cake Recipe, Maia Campbell Daughter, Chu Wanning Death, Hdsb School Supply List, Ektorp Beige Cover, Soul Nomad Classes, Kumon 2nd Grade Math Worksheets Pdf, Wow Tsm Destroy, Workday Consultant Salary Reddit, Seren Hawkes Instagram, Antique Trunk Hasp, Sam Heughan Nephew, Miller 252 Transformer, Wheeler Lake Water Level, Acropolis Restoration 2020, As The Gods Will 2 Movie Release Date, Chorkie For Sale, Moral Majority Quizlet, Watch Impact Wrestling, Manzanar Man In The High Castle, Jimmy Alapag Age, I Care Gifts, A Flat Mixolydian, Elena Dementieva Net Worth, How Many Btus To Heat A 40x60 Shop, F4 Visa Bulletin, Baby Alessi Call Her Daddy, Poe Skeleton Build, Phoebe Hooke Frensham, Bon Secours Employee Iris, New Restaurant In Chelmsford, Lindsay Brunnock Bio, Amd Epyc 7001 Vs 7002, Chris Salcedo Newsmax, Caso4 + Hcl, Shearing The Rams Materials Used, Medalla De La Virgen De Guadalupe Significado, Sauble Beach Population, 20th Engineer Battalion, Borax Uses For Skin, Reducible Representation Calculator, Skyrim Vs Skyrim Special Edition Mods 2020, Toddler Footed Pajamas 4t, Twitch Trivia Games, Raggy Dolls Lucy, Craigslist Isuzu Trucks For Sale By Owner, Lowrance Fishhunter Pro Vs Ibobber, Raven Lyn Height, Comfortmaker Serial Number Lookup, Eyvah Eyvah 3 Filmini Full Izle Tek Parça,