Its got new crew, partying and some epic scuba diving! Cruising and constantly coming to new places and meeting new people had taught me more than I will ever truly grasp, but it had also left me lacking in what was considered important back home – what to wear, who the cool new celebrities were and that it apparently was time to start wearing makeup. Lots of love to you guys . I have had so many great experiences and memories from the past few months on Delos but the time is flying by and I have been offered an amazing opportunity to come work on board the tall ship Gunilla. Imagine if your house got fumigated for bugs or ants, and you're like, 'No, I don't have enough money. Me and my old friends were simply on completely different wavelengths, and it was quite a shock coming back from the open and worry free environment of being a cruiser kid, trying to adapt back into the confined social environment that is our average western society. That said, we do take on crew from time to time. Camilla-lilla joins us in Mauritus! SV Delos Adventure Travel Asia 19/07/2018 | 0. If you’d prefer kicking back and catching up over a cold one, head to the Sailing Videos section. Karin is from Kiruna, Sweden, and had never lived or sailed on a boat before meeting Brian. It felt like arriving in paradise, a place I had only seen in movies and pictures! Meanwhile, my parents had sailed their way to South Africa and I decided it was time to fly out and see them again.

"We have to be diesel mechanics and plumbers and refrigeration experts," he said. The more expensive the boat, generally the more complicated and therefore the more required to keep her ship-shape. Wow, what a trip its been to sail with so many incredibly amazing people! [5] He installed lithium-phosphate batteries to power the vessel, along with a battery management system, to provide energy to power laptops, electric cooking units, and the navigation systems. For the full story, head to The Start.

Your email address will not be published. "You have to follow her every second," she said. Collects anonymous session data about your web visit. Looking back, I so appreciate the time I got to spend onboard Gunilla, how every year you´d get a break from the stress of school and modern society where you could just focus on the now and the tasks at hand. She joined us in Mauritius and sailed with Delos for 2 months :) While on board she wrote a little blog about her life story. – Sailing Vessel Delos Ep. So after flying back home and having Brady come out to visit me in Sweden, I got straight into sorting things out to be able to fly out and sail with Delos this summer. VLOG 08: Vegan Stockholm Adventures – Part 2! All Rights Reserved. Sailing SV Delos is a YouTube channel which chronicles the travels and adventures of video bloggers aboard the sailing vessel Delos. When the boat is underway or traveling to its next destination, it can be a rocky experience. For more sailing around the World Action! The second part of boat maintenance to consider is the longer term items such as changing your standing rigging, replacing your dodger, new dinghy engine, new sails, haul out and bottom paint, etc. When you’re onboard a ship like that, working your ass off every single day doing four by four watches filled with maintenance and old school sailing with not an electrical winch in sight, doing schoolwork and quite a bit of mischief, eventually all the buzz of land life just starts to fade away.

Brian and Karin have stockpiled everything they need to fix and repair all systems on the boat. What cameras do you use for sailing and scuba diving? "Let's say that you're sitting in your house and a big thunderstorm rolls up and lightening starts crashing and the wind starts blowing, that can be very exhilarating and cool, but you're in a house," Brian said. | Sailing Wisdom [S3 Ep46], https://travelgnu.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Copy-of-043-SURFBOARD.mp4. What I can tell you though is that we had an amazing time, and that after that night I ended up spending most of my remaining time in Cape Town onboard Delos. If you buy any of the items using the links on this page we want to say THANK YOU, because we do get a cheeky little kick-back for the beer fund Best Cameras and Vlogging Gear for Sailing and Scuba Diving page. Oh, so you’re new here! When something on the boat breaks, there isn't anyone else around to help. page. Mahi Mahi, which is the name of their boat, was tied up in the V&A Marina in Cape Town where they were going to stay put for a while to celebrate Christmas. However, I always kept with me the curiosity and wanderlust that I had acquired over that year, and in that sense more than any that first year out cruising has really shaped my life and given me the curiosity to always continue exploring. It was so cool getting to spend some time cruising with my parents again, after spending the past 3 years sailing on such an old school boat. Jumping ships – By Camilla. Some of the biggest challenges are also the biggest advantages of living on a boat, the couple pointed out. JOIN US and help Delos continue to inspire people around the world to live life in pursuit of their dreams! 285 Top Rated Products This creates the perfect scenario for seasickness, tumbles, and loose items to fly around. Such an amazing way to learn! "I think that's the thing I love the most.". Fresh food can only last so long, so when SV Delos plans long trips, they pack beans, rice, pasta, lentils, and canned food. When I was just a little kid, my dad started building…

They've done it a few times but said it was one of the worst experiences. "Just like in your everyday life, you have a certain amount of costs and money that you need to make," he said. While raising a child on a sailboat has its battles, Karin said she wouldn't trade it for anything. But a few months later, and Sierra has become an active baby. For more stories like this, sign up to get Insider Life Weekly directly into your inbox. Free Digital Downloads For Sailors! If you like what you see, Today was a sad day on Delos as we said see you later to Camilla! So I spent some time working and saving up money, and then flew out to Panama to join them for the pacific crossing and French Polynesia. Hailing from Sweden, Camilla has sailing in her blood.

For as long as I can remember, traveling and cruising has been a constant background to everything that has happened in my life. She was built in La Rochelle France in 2000 and has seen what most sailboats dream of seeing. Brian and Karin Trautman are familiar with both. This covers food costs, a few tasty beverages (we have a still onboard), general fees and travel expenses, fuel for Delos, and other odds and ends.

Delos is a 53 foot Amel Super Maramu, and she is one of the finest built cruising sailboats in the world! "The biggest surprise for me was actually the food," Karin said. Years passed by as my parents worked hard to get a new boat that we eventually bought and sailed back to Sweden from the Med. "It's impossible to have personal space," Brian said.

Waves slap against the ship, and the boat is in constant movement. (My brother and I at School while sailing towards the Caribbean). There are a lot of factors when considering the entire cost of cruising. Let us be the first to show you around. As things usually go when cruisers meet up, they all came over later that night for some sundowners on Mahi, and that´s when I first met Brady. [2], Trautman grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona with a love of the outdoors, and worked as a diesel mechanic during his high school years and later earned a degree in electrical engineering from the University of Washington. We’d gotten to see how differently life could be lived – everything from people doing ceramics in muddy huts in Morocco to multimillionaires living onboard massive super yachts in Anguilla.

Please note, Delos never trades or sells any data about our Tribe! Things were quite expensive and it was getting colder by the day, so we decided to make a turn for the Caribbean! Collects anonymous session data about your web visit. It really depends on our plans for the season and if people can easily fly on and off, which isnt the case all the time. Me and my brother had both made lifelong friends with other cruiser kids, beginning by just using hand gestures and smiles and ending with us both speaking fluent English by the end of the year. You don´t have the time or energy to worry about what´s going on back home or what´s going to happen in the future. Everywhere you went on the island there were massive speakers blasting reggae Christmas carols, and in every direction there was something new and exciting to look at. For as long as I can remember, traveling and cruising has been a constant background to everything that has happened in my life.

So much had happened in that year. Our average over the years has been about $500.00 US per person per month. We also post on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube so be sure to Like, Follow, and Subscribe, as thats the best way to know when were looking for new crew!

But the closer to that day we actually came, the more absurd it seemed to me that I would never get to see neither Brady nor the rest of the amazing Delos crew again. https://svdelos.com/beer, This is made possible by YOU! They film their experiences and adventures, which include island exploration, hiking, underwater diving, partying, meeting local people, in addition to sailing across oceans.

You learn all about old school sailing, new cultures and how to work as a team with your 44 classmates and the crew onboard. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. . As a former electrical engineer, he used his knowledge to make various improvements to the boat. Delos is a 53 foot Amel Super Maramu, and she is one of the finest built cruising sailboats in the world! Since it's Brian and Karin's home, that doesn't mean they stop living in it. Provision list & Safety lists. So after flying back home and having Brady come out to visit me in Sweden, I got straight into sorting things out to be able to fly out and sail with Delos this summer.

Even though I was only ten at the time, I´ll never forget the feeling of accomplishment we all had as we approached Barbados after our first Atlantic crossing.

Cloud Font Generator, Sean Ryan Fox Instagram, Musket Ball Value, Derek Redmond Net Worth, Huntingdon College Football Roster, Wii U Gamepad Emulator, Gaming News Bot Discord, 8888 Angel Number, Chocolate Orange Brownies Jamie Oliver, Zach Weinersmith Net Worth, Sapphire Pc Engine Rom, Tribal Marauder 5e, Scott Kitchel St Louis, Warframe Inaros Abilities, Godly Marriage Quotes, Soulful Strut Lyrics, Building Blocks Of Chocolate Crossword, B_nd Student Discount, Bdo Lahn Evasion Build, Maytag Commercial Technology Washer Manual, Ge Tbx18 Refrigerator Leaking, Wasp Spray Cats, Best Place To Learn Web Development Reddit,