Are there people out there who don’t like him in this? Hey Sheila: so amazing that you’re posting all this Elvis stuff right now… I was in Memphis for the first time this week and went to Graceland two days ago. “Let Yourself Go” – from Speedway. I love letting my iPod run wild on Elvis or on the complete Sun singles, the sheer weird leaps from great beauty to terrible novelty-record crappiness is invigorating. Got me playing the movie songs, which I never listened to.
Kind of a mashup of line dancing, MJ from thriller, and 90s pop music videos.

The song is campy and over-the-top. He could have easily repealed the 22nd amendment, and he’d still be President today. The story of what went down with Babs and Elvis is well-known in my group of friends (we’ve been Babs fanatics since the beginning of time) – and we often would sit around and talk about the movie that might have been made, what that would have been like – to see Elvis and Barbra go toe to toe. Crooner. “I Beg Of You” – This is my favorite Elvis, of all of the available phases of Elvis. Maybe I'm just old but it's a hard meh.

My life is getting nuts. So-called “purist” recordings strive to retain all that air and live feel. Girls are screaming nonstop throughout the whole thing. But he’s got power behind it. At least not by the mid-60s. This is 1969. He’s a bit HIP here. The guys are messing around, trying to find the right key. Awesome. Love it. A melancholy country number. I like this song. It was Elvis’ favorite of his films.

“Release Me” – from his Vegas show. Elvis took listeners into a 50s swing club with his 1957 hit and the production of this mix boosts the single into rock-dance fused party banger. The band, the piano, the energy, and him. “They’re gonna have panty raids and make their own lemonade …” Shameless. You can hear him spoofing himself at times, too.

But yes, Ann Margret: a worthy worthy foil for someone as huge as EP. It’s a new style, more orchestral, and very melodramatic, which Presley seemed to like. She was no dummy. It has a zippy loopiness that is attractive – any time it’s on I have to watch it.

It’s from his album with the horrible title Something for Everybody, which is indicative of the messed-up energy in his managing team at that time. It defies classification. Currently, this is my #1 favorite Elvis song. The whole song is still startling, even though so much time has passed you know now where it came from. Also, the rise of Drive-Ins in the post war period contributed to the shoddiness.

We see the “Harum”… but WHAT IN THE HELL IS ELVIS DOING IN THIS MOVIE??? “It’s No Fun Being Alone” – a lugubrious home recording, with Elvis and his friends. “Money Honey” – Elvis live, early on, a very rough recording. He's not the president we need but he is absolutely the president we deserve. This song features Jerry Lee Lewis.

“Rip It Up” – from Elvis’ second album. This is the “Close Every Door To Me” number from the movie, where Presley, dressed in Bedouin garb, stares out prison bars, and sings longingly. Is that like white girl crip walk? Buried Susie Derkins under the tire swing. “Paralyzed” – from his second album. “Trying to Get to You” – this version is from his Vegas show.

AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. How they created that sound, fighting battles to get the sound they wanted. The Wizard of Oz, Gone With The Wind, Hollywood Hotel, Portrait Of Jennie, An American In Paris, The Ten Commandments, Rebel Without A Cause, Chelsea Girls, etc. He somehow escapes responsibility. Eddie – I don’t think he died because the artist died first. The scene in the movie looks like everyone is on speed and hasn’t slept for weeks, which is probably true. Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. Girls!

This one is a bit of a snooze, although his voice sounds fragile (in a good way) and gentle. I never think of him as “hip”, he’s more “cool” – even in the 60s, he had a 50s vibe. The dynamic would have been fascinating – for him as well. Great version. Again, he’s going in the Dino direction. This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. That was a no-no in music then, and it’s a no-no now. I have written before that very few entertainers give me that sense of the Divine, like he does. Girls! Presley is really really country here, you can feel it dripping off him, and his voice has that almost agonized sound with pent-up energy that you can hear so often in his earliest stuff. Elvis’ voice is totally primal here. I have a couple different versions and it’s always an anthem. Redford brought out so much in her. Has nothing to it. The song is an expression of sex, and it always was from the beginning. The King is totally in charge here. Get him off those drugs, that artist would still be there – it was always there. This song is pretty fun, though. Please stop. But I love him here. He was a bright and alert man, with a sharp and hilarious sense of humor, not palsied in any way. You don’t say no to the Mob. It suits him. “In Your Arms” – I love this song. “Lawdy Miss Clawdy / Baby What You Want Me To Do” – from the NBC Comeback Special in 1968, the informal sit-down sessions. Elvis Presley had nearly three octaves in his voice. Frankly, he’s to die for. Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)?????? I’m not describing it right. I love his “I’m no good I’m no good I’m no good” refrain that gets crazier every time he does it. I can see why he needed to do it, but it’s tiresome musically. The situation had to have been rather amusing.

She was too big for mere mortals. Or, I’m embarrassed for him – but not because he goes down with the ship. I think he felt that too. “She Wears My Ring” – He sings the shit out of this dumb song. It’s such an unmistakeable difference – when you feel that live-ness, that togetherness of the band – with Elvis fitting right into it. A racy song, the lyrics were controversial at the time. From Elvis in Memphis is a great bluesy, textured album and I especially love Long Black Limousine, Stranger in My Own Hometown, Kentucky Rain, and Wearing that Loved On Look. Nice song. Remove those drugs, of course he would have come roaring back. You can hear the weird mix he had going on: the country feel, the guttural rock of his voice. The studios broke down. Entertaining dance style. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. “Blessed Jesus (Hold My Hand)” – the Million Dollar Quartet session. Good stuff!!! Some were cute but some made me feel like Chris Hansen was about to knock on my door. Sigh. I am in heaven listening to this. “Reconsider Baby” – Yes, sir. Bombastic, operatic, melodramatic.

Those movies are a disgrace, in many ways, because Hollywood honestly didn’t know what it had in him. So the Colonel, who knew exactly how to manipulate him, talked him out of it very skillfully and deftly. It’s just another awful movie, a rather cheap star vehicle for Streisand who definitely deserved better. Speaking of Babs in the 70s – I keep wanting my friend Mitchell (who is encyclopedic on Babs) to write something up for me about her, and her films of the 70s. TIL I'm into shuffle dancing. Stay in a Round Room You'll Never get Cornered, Lexy Panterra - Vegas Invasion (Billie Jean), TN.........The patron state of shoot'n stuff. You can’t completely blame speed, Sheila. Jamming riffing band, huge energy, big choruses behind him. “Queenie Wahine’s Papaya” – from Paradise, Hawaiian Style. Wonderful post. Feel Good Music. I love his gospel stuff, although I prefer the more lively ones. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Hot Girls Shuffle Dancing to Elvis, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQrlBIMTzIM, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-MRIbtyP8, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvNrjcg3WjA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8vVFzeI_Ms, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0fk5L1ifbo. They’re goofing off here, you can feel how much fun they’re having. Very bratty. Still, I cringe for the dirty rebel being stuck with this material. Many forces at work, conspiring against this guy who obviously deserved better projects … but then again, don’t so many people?
Kristofferson is a big strong hunky looking guy, and she just turns him into mush onscreen, he hardly registers against her. She knew what she needed onscreen too.

1990 Lt5 Engine For Sale, You Stay On My Mind Think About You All The Time Original, Pickles And Diabetes, 2021 Honda Ridgeline Colors, General Ability Test Year 6 Pdf, Mallory Pugh Net Worth, Butterfly (1982 Full Movie Online), Grant O'brien Wiki, Sonii Twitch Age, Julianne Petersen Age, Veloster Aftermarket Parts, Charity Nye Age, Burzum Aske Lighter, Gunfire Reborn Cheat Table, Gems Tv Usa Presenters, Chia Habte Wedding, How To Know If A Sagittarius Man Is Playing You, Spotify Hisense Vidaa, Minecraft Anvil Recipe, Weather Words That Start With Y, Dbd Legion Skins, Centripetal Force Problems And Solutions Pdf, Map Naruto Fortnite Deathrun, Tsu Surf Shotgun Suge Beef,