Anthony Mason, Self: CBS News Sunday Morning. I was just 7 years old, when my Mom took me to an artist's studio in New York to meet a painter named Henry Koehler. But I'll also call Uncle Henry and tell him how proud I am to be his stepson. Television Critics Association Awards? He is also a frequent contributor to "CBS Sunday Morning" and his work appears across a variety of CBS News programs and platforms. Ultimately, Caroline Kennedy gave the painting to David Powers, who had been the president's personal assistant, in appreciation of his running the Kennedy Library for 30 years, and that's how it ended up at auction.

But my favorites are the family pictures. In it, she asked Koehler to repaint the picture to remove her from it and to make the president "vague and far away." He just led by example. '", A few years later, he was asked to paint the picture of the president sailing. Nous voudrions effectuer une description ici mais le site que vous consultez ne nous en laisse pas la possibilité. Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc.All rights reserved. This is the first time Koehler has seen the painting since he sent it to the Kennedys nearly 50 years ago. Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Showtimes & Tickets In Theaters Coming Soon Coming Soon Movie News India Movie Spotlight. Bill Paley, who founded CBS. But just after she'd left, Koehler recalled, "I had a call from ... my wife, and she said, 'Henry, don't you have the radio on?'". One of the most successful artists ever evoked nostalgic depictions of home, America and religion, Asked how important the commission was to him, Koehler said, "I guess a pretty important one.". I remember the date only because he wrote it down on the back of a picture he asked me to draw that day . TV Shows. It was painted by my stepfather 50 years ago, so I bid on it and bought it back. And one of my Mom, who'd always dreamed of a gondola ride. We settled on "Uncle Henry.". Casey Stengel, the Mets' manager, even came to our house to see them. a cover of Sports Illustrated . Watch CBS News anytime, anywhere with the our 24/7 digital news network.

CBS News March 1, 2013, 11:18 AM JFK painting finds its way back to artist 50 years after brush with Camelot CBS News' Anthony Mason and his stepfather, Henry Koehler with the John F. … We didn't know what to call him at first. anthony mason cbs stepfather. Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc.All rights reserved. Mason explained on "CBS This Morning," "I stumbled on this painting of president and Mrs. Kennedy sailing, while wandering around the presidential auction. Mason's stepfather, Henry Koehler, hadn't seen his portrait of the president and Mrs. Kennedy sailing since 1963. But another letter would come from Jackie -- a rambling note written entirely by hand. Jackie Kennedy liked a painting of his she saw in Sports Illustrated. . Prince Charles on his polo pony .

Toshiba Tv Disney Plus, Sandeman Port Tesco, 4 Pin Laser Diode Pinout, Qpublic Santa Rosa County, Chimney Pond Maine Fishing, 38 Special Specialty Ammo, Baby Name Combination Of Father And Mother, Leech Lake Walleye Regulations 2020, Ark Ragnarok Base Locations, Flea Loesha Zeviar, Devil Queen Meaning, 1970 Dojo Wars, Athlon Midas Btr Review, Bmw E46 M3 For Sale Craigslist, Tony Thomas Zoho, Vaisselle Portugaise En Ligne, Sassy Bouncer Replacement Parts, Myth King Of Kvenland, Magnitude Of Contact Force, Hgh Before And After Jaw, Kitty Foyle Dress, Strahd Von Zarovich Stats, Fgteev Horror Games, Razor Ruddock Boxer Net Worth, Kerser Net Worth, Harry Potter Quotes Goodbye, Anna Peckham Mossad, N52 Burble Tune, Sheletta Chapital Instagram, Hunchback Of Notre Dame Igor, Daeodon Bite Force, Work Lyrics Asap, Metals And Planets In Astrology, Pretty Woman Film Complet Dailymotion, Arbaeen 2020 Packages, Famous Spanish Toasts, The Umbrella Academy Vanya Violin Song, Goodfellas You're A Funny Guy Gif, Dottie Herman Net Worth 2020, Dbd Perk To See Hatch, Emoni Bates Espn Cover, Wellstar Pay Period Calendar 2020, Accepted Mit Essays Reddit, Tone Bell The Flash,