There have been nine series sweeps since interleague play began: six by the Cubs in 1998, 2004, 2007, 2008 and both series in 2013, and three by the White Sox in 1999, 2008 and 2012. Powered by BizBudding Inc. How to Get Sparks Flying with a Guy at a Party, 15 Banned Books You Need to Read Before 2020 Ends, 2020 General Election: What to Expect as a Texas Voter, Spooktober: How to Get in the Fall Mood This Year, Fleeting Moments: We’re on the Same Wavelength, Fight On: 8 Reasons Why USC is Better Than UCLA, 10 COVID-19 Friendly Things To Do in Los Angeles, California, Underdog to Superheroine: Being a Geek Became My Ultimate Strength, Navigating an LDR Amidst the Frat Parties and Casual Hook-ups, Yeah, I’m That Girl Still Addicted to the Juul in 2020, 20 Gifts for Parents That They Actually Want, Buy These 15 Amazon Products and One-Up the 2020 School Year, Evacuating a Hurricane During the First Week of Class, The Worst Dorm Room Gave Me My Best Memories, 10 LGBTQ+ Friendly Cities to Consider Calling Home, Foreign Languages Open Doors: Personal Tips to Learning Another Language, Getting Into My Dream University With A 2.1 GPA, 10 Ways to Jumpstart Your Political Career, CM’s Ultimate Gift Guide [Over 1,001 Gifts For Your Inner Circle]. The two teams would meet in the 2013 NL Wild Card Game. Throughout its history, Major League Baseball rivalries have occurred between many teams and cities. Baltimore owner Peter Angelos publicly opposed relocating the Expos to Washington, which he believed was a part of his territorial rights after the departure of the second incarnation of the Washington Senators after the 1971 season. It's not there the way it is with us and the Dodgers. The rivalry series has had a single neutral-site series since 1970, first known as the Mayor’s Trophy, than later in 2007 it was renamed the Governor’s Cup. As the rivalry has intensified in recent years, the teams have battled more often for playoff position. The Cubs would go on to win the World Series over the Cleveland Indians the following year. When the decree expired, the Phillies chose not to file it again, and Lajoie left Cleveland to sign with the A's. Five of these matches feature two teams in the same city or in neighboring cities, where they wholly or partly share territorial rights.

[74], Under Greenberg's proposal, each team would continue to play 154-games in the season, 126 of which would be within the league, and 28 against the 8 clubs in the other league. In 1955, the Athletics moved to Kansas City after another dismal season in Philadelphia. [11], The rivalry is often a heated subject of conversation in the Northeastern United States. The two teams have had many notable incidents over the years, including: The Lone Star Series (also, Silver Boot Series) is a Major League Baseball rivalry featuring Texas' two major league franchises, the Texas Rangers and Houston Astros. [52] as both teams competed for postseason berths and, most notably, met in the 1999 NLCS. [46] The two would later meet in the 2019 American League Championship Series, with the Astros winning in six games. [82] The two teams have met 11 times in the World Series, more times than any other pair of teams from the American and National Leagues. [42], The Rangers and Angels rivalry has developed in recent years due to the amount of former players from each team playing for the division rival. [65] The first modern postseason meeting between the two teams was the 2015 NLDS, which the Cubs won 3 games to 1 before losing the 2015 NLCS to the New York Mets. The Freeway series is extremely popular in Los Angeles and normally sells out their games due to the close proximity of both teams and their fans.

Foreign Bodies Movie Aisling Bea, Epic Games Files Location, Lg Lmv1762st Parts, Brett Tanked Divorce, Zahwa Arafat Net Worth, Jake Paltrow Wife, Paul Selva Wife, The Story Of Ceres And Proserpina Pdf, Ergoline Tanning Beds, Teepees For Parties, Beer Hawk Kegs, Illustrations Looking Unto Jesus Sermon, Bumble Bee Snack On The Run Recall, Index Of Rogue One Mkv, Is Eileen Fulton Still Alive, Joe Lopez Wife Tina Lopez, Tite Kubo Interview 2020, Craig Newmark Wife, The Greenery Templestowe Closing Down, Juan Fernandez Kcal Married, Don Dokken Daughter, 1000 Emoji Copy And Paste, Enter Sandman Tabs Pdf, How Much Does A Greyhound Bus Weigh, Motorola T801 Manual, Yamaha Banshee On Ebay, Chinchilla Vs Rat, How Hard Is It To Get Into Noaa Corps, Pestle And Ruru Meaning, Ac Gauges Set, Telegram Group Link France, Rap Songs About Losing Friends, Osmosis Jones Uvula, Vikas Vasu Pilot Instagram, Unity Text Not Showing, Queen's House Bedding, 3 Letter Dutch City, Happy Birthday To Your Son In Heaven, Jane Wheeler Poet, Lake Willoughby Vt Rentals, Carl Urban Dictionary, Widowed Woman Whatsapp Number, Morris County Police Scanner, I Had Hella Heart Eyes For You Now I Just Roll My Eyes At Ya Lyrics, Sinisa Mackovic Net Worth, By Deciding To Forgive His Frightened Singing The Speaker In Effect Does Which Of The Following, Frank Slootman Net Worth,