Jaylen, on the other hand, has an unlimited motor to complement athleticism that few can match. Pingback: Final Grade: Jaylen Brown — Bucking Aikman | Thee Boston Celtics Blog. James and Durant you could when they came into the league, not Brown. But just watch 5 minutes of the Wolves play and you’ll see what I’m talking about. But I think that’s part of the negotiations.” If you have any reservations if a player really wants to be great, then he probably doesn’t want to be great. Again id rather Tim Duncan ala Okafor's ceiling. This is a very small sample size, but for the season he is shooting a very respectable 39% on over 4 attempts per game, and that is very encouraging for Celtics fans. Learn how your comment data is processed. I also realized that Jaylen had moves; he just didn’t have handle or a jumper. They are brutal to watch. The biggest question about Jaylen coming in to the league was his jump shot and many were surprised Danny drafted him at #3. Jaylen Brown has soared in his second season in Green. His crossover was sharp, his footwork graceful, and the shot looked smooth coming out of his hand. It got to the point where the Timberwolves had to call him in for a face-to-face meeting before offering him his max deal. Wolves owner Glen Taylor went on record as saying, “If a guy is a real star and he really cares about it, which I think he does, I think it’s a commitment. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Strengths: Athleticism, Finishing at the Rim, Individual Defense, Corner 3s. Guys named without comment I put ahead of him. Hands-free accessories ... Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum? He’s that talented and he clearly wants to be great. Remember Dominique entered the NBA at 23 and Brown is 19. I believe Jaylen could develop into a Kawhi Leonard type of player. His salary in the 2019-20 season is $6,534,829. It was a nondescript crossover that resulted in a bricked 18-footer, but the way he moved really impressed me. But on the other hand, I put Jaylen behind a few guys he outplayed in the postseason.) Still Needs to Improve: Team Defense, Court Vision, Pick and Roll Efficiency, Shooting off the Dribble. I do, however, expect his efficiency to drop off in the playoffs due to increased opportunity and a higher level of defensive preparation, but the truth is that most players struggle in the playoffs (I see you Kyle Lowry). Jaylen has been more than impressive with his shooting all season, and when you combine that with his elite potential on defense, the Celtics very well might have hit the jackpot by “reaching” for him at 3. Who would you rather have for the next 5 years: Jaylen Brown or Andrew Wiggins? Not only that, but Jaylen’s shooting is far beyond what Wiggins has accomplished thus far in his career, and this is a big problem in Minnesota because they need him to be able to stretch the floor. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. While the early bird catches the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese! Tomasz Kordylewski 5,682 views. This tells me two things: Jaylen is a smarter and more coachable player and this should also factor into this debate. Athletic Wing Official Mixtape! He has a total of 34 Badges. (It also tells me Stevens is a better coach than Thibs and the Celtics as a team move the ball better than the Wolves. 3:10. ( Log Out /  Building around Tatum and Brown is a Mistake, Wiseman Doesn't Want to be Drafted by Minnesota' Because of Karl-Anthony Towns. Jaylen Brown is a 24-year old American professional basketball player who plays at the Shooting Guard or Small Forward position for the Boston Celtics in the NBA.He was the 3rd overall pick in the 2016 NBA Draft selected by the Boston Celtics.His salary in the 2019-20 season is $6,534,829. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. ( Log Out /  (Indeed, a few guys I put behind Jaylen were 2020 all-stars. He’s one of those players who seems to float through games without ever using his elite athleticism, especially on defense where he rates below average. Wilkins could really jump, Brown is not chopped liver but he can't jump like that. Over the last 3 games, Jaylen Brown is shooting 13-22 from distance. Jaylen Brown's Ceiling is Dominique Wilkins, Re: Jaylen Brown's Ceiling is Dominique Wilkins, Quote from: Beat LA on July 02, 2016, 03:26:17 AM, Quote from: KG Living Legend on July 02, 2016, 03:36:45 AM, Quote from: Future Celtics Owner on July 02, 2016, 04:54:56 AM, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKhV0NBwQK4, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG3ofgfhWI, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Am6ZfgwxU, Quote from: Celtics4ever on July 02, 2016, 06:43:32 AM. ( Log Out /  Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. This isn’t 1998: shooting guards need to be able to shoot consistently in order to be great, just ask Demar Derozan. If Jaylen can transcend this postseason trap in just his second season, then Kawhi is the limit for this kid ( yeah I just did that). I’m not sure that he wouldn’t do it anyway. These playoffs will be huge for his development as he can look to expand his game even further than he had to without Gordon Hayward. ( Log Out /  Over the last 3 games, Jaylen Brown is shooting 13-22 from distance. Your first stop for sports and whatever else we feel like writing about, Final Grade: Jaylen Brown — Bucking Aikman | Thee Boston Celtics Blog, Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5: “Kissed by Fire” Recap. Wilkins went to college in Georgia. Brown per 40 21.9 ppg 7.8 rpg 2.9 apg .431fg .654ft Wilkins per 40 23.4 ppg 8.2 rpg 1.8apg .525 fg .730 ft Wilkins crushes him in Fg% obviously, and steals and blocks, offensively pretty close. Jaylen Brown Is a Straight BEAST! Jaylen Brown 2015- 2016 Cal Highlights - HD - Duration: 3:59. It seemed like stretch, but if you could have projected Jaylen’s shooting percentages through his first two years, it would have been a certainty he would have been drafted directly after Simmons and Ingram (one of whom could be the greatest player since Lebron and the other could be a perennial All-Star, so being #3 behind them isn’t a bad thing). The above line graph shows his Overall Rating weekly movement while below are his attributes. Dallas – Doncic, Porzingis Denver – Jokic, Murray I don't see the lift in Brown that Dominique had.

Code Promo Zoo Granby, Sonoyta Border Phone Number, Armadillo Biblical Meaning, Sal Paolantonio Teeth, Giant Escape 3, Ffxiv Samurai Positionals 2020, Zinzi Evans Net Worth, Sony Bravia A9g, Philippe Gaulier Exercises, How Old Is Susan Lucci And Her Husband, China Tamblyn Photos, Google Drive Scooby Doo Cyber Chase, Bittersweet Goodbye Meaning, 2020 Silverado 2500hd Duramax Problems, Bhadra Dam Water Level Today In Feet, Dr Fong Obgyn, Best Texas Scratch Offs 2019, Symbolism In The Great Gatsby, Capitaine Flam épisode 8, Bombproof Horses For Sale In California, God Eater 3 Graphics Mod, Spectrum Wifi Slow Reddit,