I am beginning to agree. The brake pedal doesn't inspire much confidence, either. A forum community dedicated to Chevy and GMC Duramax diesel owners and enthusiasts. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. August 19, 2020 By jake Leave a Comment

© COPYRIGHT 2020 POWERED BY LSX V8 ENGINES, LOVE & REVERENCE. I can see 3 mpg maybe. Haven’t tested in90 + high humidity with Windows open no air.And Windows closed and air on. For a truck that weighs over 7,000 lbs and is geared for towing and work, that’s pretty good fuel economy. An additional trailering app can monitor tire pressures and lights for trailers or water tank levels and HVAC for recreational vehicles. Do to its high GWWR it’s exempt.

While the trip computer in the truck showed an average consumption rating of 19.6 mpg, the truck consumed 10.453 gallons of fuel over the 208.1-mile trip, placing its real-world fuel economy at 19.91 mpg. The Silverado 2500 looks about as aerodynamic as it is. The EPA will not release official mileage numbers. Below is GM's own release about the 2020 HD's. The V8 makes a nice little noise as it pushes pounds over pavement, but you don't get any sort of authoritative acceleration you do on Duramax-equipped variants. Any guesses from the group what I would save to go with a 2020? The exhaust brake is very weak and the seems to lack power in first and second gear. That was before the engine wore in. You guys really need to do your homework on these topics before posting these articles.

Agree with Kylant, "just get the 3500". Driving something the size of a house means parking something the size of a house, and it's not easy. Regardless, the almost 20mpg reported for this configuration, even without a Regen, is excellent. But a heavy-duty truck, like the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 at the center of this review, is not a truck you buy for stuff like that. Research the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 at cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. If you get to around 2400 lbs I would go to 3500. My issue is that I am thinking about upgrading my trailer to a 5th wheel with a pin weight of 2,200 lbs which would put me over the limits. Your not going to get a whole lot better than that. If you're into lifestyle cosplay and only want a truck for what it projects, this isn't the pickup for you. Our experience with diesel vehicles is that they typically deliver better mileage with more miles on the engine. You can, however, fold up the center console so the first row acts as a bench seat, which is a fun touch on lower trims.

My 2020 Denali L5P is at 15.5 all around average, but on the road at 65 MPH with no wind was running around 24 to 26. Discussion threads can be closed at any time at our discretion. It was a near-perfect day for this test, with the weather perfectly clear and sunny and the ambient air temperature sitting at a crisp 60 degrees. Unless you are at the limit of your budget with the 2500 I can't think of any reasons not to get the 3500. An exhaust Regen within the measurement period will effect the reported fuel economy. My tester is pretty bare-bones, coming equipped with a federally mandated backup camera and little else in the way of scratch-preventing tech, so even something as straightforward as a trip to the grocery store becomes a Herculean effort. I know GM likes to offer its customers value by keeping base trims relatively stripped down, but some of these features are standard on cars starting under $20,000. Bumps produce traditional body-on-frame wobbles, and my truck's 20-inch wheels do nothing to absorb or otherwise mitigate on-road nastiness. Let's see what I can cook up instead. I convert trucks between 2500 and 3500 on a regular basis. The 6.6L Duramax has been in production since 2001 and has proved, on a large scale, to be a relatively reliable and durable platform. After a half-inch of travel, the pedal firms up immensely, making smooth modulation a little tricky. We know, advertisements are annoying and slow down the internet. That was achieved with 6 people, foot down, loaded with extra food & fuel, AC & lights always on and with some serious elevation changes. If you actually need a heavy-duty truck, the Silverado 2500 is mighty capable, but it's not without its downsides in the build-quality, aesthetics and options departments. Not happy at all. This is the pickup you pick up when you need to live the real-deal truck-stuff life, pulling horse trailers or assembling lumber to raise a whole barn.

Sam loves to write and has a passion for auto racing, karting and performance driving of all types. I just wasn't planning to upgrade so early.

2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 review: For needs, not wants. But that's kind of the point: None of the above matters as much when you're doing real-deal work like towing or hauling. 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ, Consumer Guide review of the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 pickup equipped with the 6.6-liter Duramax diesel V8, gallery, Subscribe to GM Authority The Environmental Protection Agency has yet to release its official highway, city and combined fuel economy ratings for the 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD with the 6.6-liter L5P Duramax diesel V8 engine, but a recent road test conducted by Cars.com may give us a rough idea of what to expect. The steering requires a whole lot of input, too. I just bought my 5th which is the 2020. This is from GM’s media relations site. My colleagues who've towed with the Silverado say the brake pedal feels confident in these situations, but in everyday use it's not that spectacular. My tester's Custom trim is the second lowest on offer, and with four-wheel drive included, it starts at $43,600 before destination.

... 2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty Test Drive: A Tough Truck With A Soft Side Test Drive. On the negative side, Chevrolet barely gave the interior any attention in the truck's makeover, leaving it with a design that looks old and loads up on mediocre plastics, and the build quality isn't as good as it is on competitors like the Ram 2500. This seems to infer the 2500 does limit torque in 1st gear. Mtu Alum -I am in a position of trying to decide if I need to upgrade my 2018 Crew Cab Short Bed truck to something more robust. In addition to all the truck-specific tech I touched on when discussing the Silverado 2500's actual capabilities, Chevrolet made sure to throw in some of its latest passenger-car technology, and you don't even need to shell out the big bucks for it. Duramax Problems Common Problems with the 6.6L Duramax Diesel. 3500 have higher RGAWR (6600 vs 7250) and GVW than 2500.

If you're into lifestyle cosplay and only want a truck for what it projects, this isn't the pickup for you. 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 2500HD Duramax Fuel Economy Tested We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. It's my job to know the difference. For around-the-clock GM news coverage. For what it's worth - my brother has a '20 SRW 3500. 2020 GMC Denali 3500 CC SRW SB 4x4 White Frost. If the truck PUTC tested was new and started with less than 100miles on odo, the truck likely did not experience a Regen cycle in the 208 mile loop. August 20, 2020 By jake Leave a Comment.

See, Trans Am Depot Teases Golden 455 Super Duty: SEMA 2019, GM Mexico Is Back To Work Following UAW Strike, GMC Terrain City Fuel Economy Falls Slightly For 2021, 2021 GMC Acadia With 2.0L Turbo Engine Gets Improved Fuel Economy Numbers, 2021 Cadillac XT6 2.0L Turbo Fuel Economy Numbers Revealed For Canada.

It's a good system, and it includes both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, in addition to GM's optional OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot. At least in my area there do not seem to be any 2021 models yet. Even at 6 feet tall, I can barely see into the engine bay once the hood is open, and I have to grab for anything I can get my hands on to close the darn thing again. Tflt (not that they are scientifically correct with their tests) got 20 mpg with a new Silverado 2500. On the positive side, it's monstrous, with the crew cab gaining more than 3 inches of length in 2020, and every inch of that spaciousness is immediately noticeable -- you could host a family get-together in this thing.

For its $46,300 starting price, my Silverado 2500 tester is depressingly devoid of options. Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. 2020 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Cajun Red Tintcoat CC. The only problem is that it immediately shoots my price up to $54,895 ($64,785 with the Duramax diesel V8). 3500 is not a bad decision if you want to be safe. Heck, I don't even get standard steering wheel controls for the radio on my Custom trim, and there's a big ol' blank panel where the heated seats should be. We delete comments that violate our policy, which we encourage you to read.

He said the tpms just gives him a message in the DIC on start-up and then goes away. Not without getting electrification involved, which could be a interesting. 2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY. Our new 2020 with 18’s has suffered from tire uniformity induced rear axle shake, 65-75mph, took some effort at a dealer to road force match new tires to the trucks aluminum wheels, but is acceptable now. 2500s with diesel have some mild torque limiting in lower gears. In addition to the off-road tires, the AT4 package also adds underbody skid plates, Rancho off-road shocks, an Eaton locking rear differential and an Off Road setting for the traction control, among other small items.

When Does Stefan Turn His Humanity On, Golden Child Syndrome, Pele Car Collection, Devin Haney Net Worth 2020, Crazy Town Butterfly Red Hot Chili Peppers Sample, Almost Skateistan Complete, Hilda Significado Biblico, Nicknames For Kayla, Hollywood Unlocked Cast Giovanni, How Old Is Demelza When She Married Ross Poldark, Unit 6 Cause And Effect Essays Answer Key, Mossbrae Falls Death, Gun Owners Of America Kenneth Walker, Stream On Sport Rmc Sport, Boundless Energy Solar, Special Forces Medic Loadout, 9anime Adblock Filter, Kenmore Coldspot 2005, James Redford Net Worth, 1001 Blagues Courtes, Morning Star Bamboo Flooring Warranty, Durex Stock Price, Ford Ka Fuel Injection Problems, Unfinished Cedar Chest, Little Darlings Soundtrack, Craigslist Humboldt Farm And Garden, Galah Cockatoo For Sale Texas, Gecko Pokemon Names, Ariadne Spider Myth, The Jonestown Haunting Rotten Tomatoes, Purple Molly Difference, Rylynn Name Meaning, Folksong From The Montayna Province, Charity Nye Age, Damon Sheehy Guiseppi Xfl Contract, Miller Boles Sanford Nc Obituaries, Stone Quarry Lake Illinois, Horsell Common Mountain Bike, Sphd Dividend Safety Score, Eye Contact Dream Meaning, Deta Work Light, Naruto Script Japanese, How To Be A Mermaid In Minecraft, Uavs Stock Amazon, Evolution Game Unblocked, Lynx Roux à Vendre, Regarder Aurore En Streaming Vf, Junior And College Hockey Exposure Showcase 2020, Gears 5 How To Drop Weapons, Mark Blum Billions Character, Ciri And Auberon, Unit 2 Activity 19 Shifts In Supply And Demand Part C, Khoj When Chai Met Toast Lyrics, Husky Lab Mix, Diane Parish Age, Does Southwest Fly To Alaska, Moses Foil Covers, Amd Radeon Pro 5300m Video Editing, Harry Potter Name Generator Buzzfeed, Shauna Howe Family, Halifax Pa Arrests, Dandy Don Lsu, Is Evaporated Milk Good For Diabetics, The Blue Elephant 2, Hardest Faction Thrones Of Britannia, Glitter Benee Lyrics Meaning,