He was killed by unknown assailant in Kansas City after a dispute occurred with a club promoter there. [12]

Oakland , CA. He was controversially imprisoned from 1996 to 1998 for allegedly being affiliated with an attempted bank robbery. He was a student at Hogan High School. The van's driver crashed and called 9-1-1, but Hicks was pronounced dead at the scene from a bullet wound to the neck. ", © FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the information collection practices disclosed in our Privacy Policy. [1] Hicks was released a year early from prison for good behavior on August 2, 1996, after serving four years.

[3] Hicks is considered one of the movement's key pioneers that fueled its popularity into mainstream, releasing songs with fast-paced rhymes and basslines that inspired a new style of dance. [1][2] He was instrumental in the emergence of hyphy, a cultural movement in the Bay Area hip hop scene that emerged in the early 2000s.

[1], In the early 1990s, the city of Vallejo experienced a surge in bank robberies. The event showcases art pieces by various artists nationwide that are inspired by Mac Dre legacy. IshDARR Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, J-Real Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Won-G Bruny Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Rakim Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Big Lurch Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Cheek (Rapper) Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Joey Badass Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Trouble (rapper) Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Kid Cudi Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Kay One Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Joey Fatts Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, E-40 Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, J.I.D Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Bun B Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More, Lil Xan Birthday, Real Name, Personal Life, Age, Weight, Height, Affairs, Bio & More.

He was killed by unknown assailant in Kansas City after a dispute occurred with a club promoter there.

In 2018, the label held its 3rd annual Mac Dre Day in San Francisco at The Regency Ballroom on July 5, what would have been Mac Dre's 48th birthday.

He was American by natinoanliy. Andre Louis Hicks (July 5, 1970 – November 1, 2004), better known by his stage name Mac Dre, was an American rapper, hip hop pioneer, and record producer based in Vallejo, California. He was the son of Allen Hicks (father) and Wanda Salvatto (mother). "[7] When asked about his childhood, Hicks stated that "Situations came out for the better most of them, I went through the little trials and the shit that I went through. He was born on July 5, 1971 at Oakland, California, United States. Mac Dre Day. [1] It was during his time in prison that Hicks developed a "better appreciation for freedom, life, fun."[14]. [17], He was buried at the Mountain View Cemetery in Oakland. He was instrumental in the emergence of hyphy, a cultural movement in the …

[14] Hicks continued to release multiple popular albums independently until his untimely death in 2004. Send your greetings to him now! He was American by natinoanliy. While driving back to Vallejo the car was surrounded by the FBI, Fresno, and Vallejo police. The police subsequently charged him with conspiracy to commit robbery, although no bank robbery was conducted and Hicks was neither with his friends nor near the location of the purported bank. He was a student at Hogan High School. [6], Andre Louis Hicks was born in Oakland, California on July 5, 1970 and then moved to the Vallejo area. Mac Dre B-Day Celebration Lil Jon, Berner, Baby Bash, Lil B, Andre Nickatina, J. Stalin, Mistah Fab, Husalah San Quinn, Slimmy B, Prezi, D-Lo, DaBoii, RBE Sneakk, J Diggs, Coolio Da Unda Dogg, Myles Parrish, Slim 400, The Crest Children and other special guests He was Music (Rapper) by profession. After his release from Lompoc Prison[15], Hicks wanted to start doing music that was easy to dance to. He was the son of Allen Hicks (father) and Wanda Salvatto (mother). He collaborated with E-40 on the song "Dredio. [4], In 2004, Hicks was killed by an unknown assailant after a performance in Kansas City, Missouri,[5] a case that remains unsolved. Nov 1, 2004 ( age 34 ) Popularity. When questioned by the police, Hicks stated that he did not leave the hotel therefore did not know anything.

First Name Mac #5. He and longtime friend and fellow rapper Troy Reddick, a.k.a. In 1989, the outgoing Hicks made waves with a cassette tape featuring the single, "Too Hard for the F---in' Radio" while still a student at Vallejo's Hogan High School. Andre Louis Hicks (July 5, 1970 – November 1, 2004), better known by his stage name Mac Dre, was an American rapper, hip hop pioneer, and record producer based in Vallejo, California. He was born on July 5, 1971 at Oakland, California, United States.

[9] Hicks recorded his first three EPs as Mac Dre between 1988 and 1992. Hicks was vocal about the actions he saw being taken by the police and incorporated their aggressive surveillance of residents into his music. He was Music (Rapper) by profession. [10], On March 26, 1992, at age 21, Hicks was invited by friends to a road trip in Fresno.

Mac Dre real name was Andre Louis Hicks. The trial was later listed among Complex Magazine's 30 Biggest Criminal Trials in Rap History. Most Popular #16125. [16] Ironically, Lil Jon's 1998 debut to the Bay Area was through a song on the same Too Short compilation. DEATH DATE. Reddick, in a statement to Complex Magazine, stated, "Of all the vocals Jon got, he picked some from the record Dre wrote to be released by a major label, and 23 years later Lil Jon has completed his goal!" Mac Dre real name was Andre Louis Hicks. Birthplace. Born Andre Louis Hicks, he was a hip hop pioneer and founder of Thizz Entertainment. In 1998, Hicks relocated to Sacramento to distance himself from the eyes of Vallejo law enforcement and founded a new label, Thizz Entertainment, now managed by Hicks' mother. Hicks had performed in the city two weeks prior and decided to go on the trip so that he could re-visit a woman he knew there. [3] As the founder of the independent record label Thizz Entertainment, Hicks recorded dozens of albums and gave aspiring rappers an outlet to release albums locally. NPR noted his 2013 sound as being "fast and confident" further writing that "he built upon the bouncy bass that had its roots in the funk era. [11] Mac Dre B-Day Celebration Lil Jon, Berner, Baby Bash, Lil B, Andre Nickatina, J. Stalin, Mistah Fab, Husalah San Quinn, Slimmy B, Prezi, D-Lo, DaBoii, RBE Sneakk, J Diggs, Coolio Da Unda Dogg, Myles Parrish, Slim 400, The Crest Children and other special guests

Feelin Myself Lyrics: I'm out of this world, not your run of the mill'n / My name is Furl I'm the owner of the building / I'm a stoner and I'm chillin' with two bitches like Jack / I pimps and I mack One song was sent to various West-Coast-based representatives of the well-known Oakland rapper Too Short for an upcoming compilation, Nationwide: Independence Day, but was not selected and it is unknown if the song ever made it to Too Short.

[13] At the time of his conviction, Hicks owned the record label Romp Productions. It's How You Say It, "Vallejo rapper Mac Dre pioneered the hyphy movement", "Federal Drug Case Ensnares The Home of Hyphy", "Federal Drug Case Ensnares The Home Of Hyphy", "Hip-Hop History Tuesdays: Mac Dre Details Police Role In His 5 Year Prison Sentence: March 1996 Rare Radio Interview from Lompoc", "The 30 Biggest Criminal Trials in Rap History", http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/BTTL_rappergonebad.html, "Lil Jon Shares New Track "Ain't No Tellin'" Featuring Mac Dre", "Andre Mac-Dre Hicks (1970 - 2004) - Find A Grave Memorial", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mac_Dre&oldid=979309807, Burials at Mountain View Cemetery (Oakland, California), Articles lacking reliable references from May 2018, Articles needing additional references from May 2018, All articles needing additional references, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 20 September 2020, at 01:37. He independently recorded his first album in 1989, entitled Young Black Brotha. Born on July 5 #47. The duo recorded several songs to pitch to major record labels. [16], After Hicks and other Thizz Entertainment members had performed a show in Kansas City, Missouri on October 31, 2004, an unidentified gunman shot at the group's van as it traveled on U.S. Route 71 in the early morning hours of November 1. As gangster rap music consistently grew in popularity, law enforcement officials began to examine the lyrics of local rappers to utilize as evidence in criminal matters. The police stated that while Hicks was at a motel, his friends were allegedly casing a bank but had changed their mind when they saw a local Fresno TV News van in the bank's parking lot. He would often frequent the Country Club Crest neighborhood, known locally as The Crest. Share HappyBday.to/Mac-Dre on.

Vallejo police began to focus on the Crest Neighborhood as a source of the crime. In 2019, Grammy-winning Atlanta rapper and multi-platinum producer Lil Jon, with the blessing of Hicks' mother, would incorporate the same vocals in the single "Ain't No Tellin" and release through Geffen Records. 50 years old (Born on July 05, 1970) Born Andre Louis Hicks, he was a hip hop pioneer and founder of Thizz Entertainment. July Jul 5, 1970. Da'unda'Dogg, decided to try to do something different. He was sentenced to five years in federal prison after he refused a plea deal for the conspiracy charge. [14] In 2000, Hicks' change in sound became influential in the Hyphy Movement.

80s Celtics Players, One Hen Theme, Noah Spence Salary, Dean Koontz Devoted Does The Dog Die, Lowe's Store Layout, Ellen Pierson Wiki, Amber Soulds Ethnicity, Cranberry Cheese Aldi, I Appreciate You Essay, V6 Chandravva Wikipedia, Best Primer For Pitted Acne Scars, Audi A3 Apple Carplay Retrofit, Cote Brasserie Calories, My Mate Tony Poem, Stx Crux 300 Vs 400, Bread Financing Bikes, Minamoto Kou Earring, Title Id Ck2, Charmin Toilet Paper Canadian Tire, Flynn Kile Jensen, Anime Body Base Boy, Brooke Walker Height, Victor Electronic Rat Trap Flashing Red Light, Wow Tsm Destroy, How Can We Save The Earth Essay, Apocalyptic Shelf Cloud, Tropico 6 Gold Mine Empty In Stock, Bilt Motorcycle Gear, Isekai Anime With Op Mc, Carl Urban Dictionary, Tizen Apps Tv, Staines Massive Forum, Abeloth Midichlorian Count, Are Navanax Poisonous, Can You Use Vegetable Oil For Oil Painting, Sushil Patel Presidio, Lavonte David Wife, Le Retour Au Pays Prévert Analyse, Atomic Structure Worksheet Answer Key 7th Grade, Best Friend Lifetime Movie, God's Gonna Cut You Down Jack Irish, Jenna Marbles Twitch, Jojo Script In Japanese, Real Women Have Curves Play Quotes, New River Valley Surgery Center, Crystal Wedding Oats History, The Green Witch Book Français, Lucky Tackle Box, Ideal Employer Essay, Hoover Floormate Spinscrub Parts, Stephanie Goff Nbc Reporter, Josh Laurent Net Worth, What Lathe Does Andy Phillip Use, Autoharp String Gauges, Organic Chemistry Reaction Calculator, God Eater 3 Graphics Mod, Clara Wu Tsai Net Worth, Comment Faire Des Guillemets Sur Un Clavier Qwerty, Red Hood Outlaw #48 Read Online, God Games Unblocked, What Happened To Taniya Wright Kprc, Vivitar Fitness Activity Tracker Waterproof, Hotaru No Hikari Graduation Song, How To Make Liquid In Little Alchemy 2, Demonia Creepers Platform, Aluminum Sheeting 4x8, Giant Escape 3, Standard Bindery Ink, How To Be A Mermaid In Minecraft, Haster Alpaca Base Layer, Morris County Police Scanner, Ashley Hebert Dentist, Elsa Mask Printable, Jollibee San Antonio Texas 2020, Digger Serial Number Check, Frigidaire Air Conditioner Beeps But Won 't Turn On, Dr Sebi Quotes, Ahima Ccs Exam Dates 2020, Paul Jones Wrestler, Ernest T Bass Actor, The Blue Elephant 2, What To Do For Dirty Thirty, Best Arcanes Warframe, 4x4 Mania Cheat Codes, Breezer Citizen Bike, Euclidean Algorithm Pseudocode, Robokill Titan Prime, Marlin 5510 Parts, 14 Tabaq Roshan Meaning In Urdu, Kanawha County Schools Pay Scale, Jah Son Wu Tang Killed, Marine Corps Cadence Lyrics, I Had Hella Heart Eyes For You Now I Just Roll My Eyes At Ya Lyrics, How To Change Your Interests On Tiktok, Ineos Grenadier 4x4 Price, Joe Nuxhall Wife, Henryhand Funeral Home Kingstree Obituaries, What Do You Say When Someone Asks How Bad You Want Them, Black And White Dragonfly Spiritual Meaning, Julie Sommars Health,