What are his siblings named? Parker Brothers, toy and board game manufacturer. Famous for their celebrity and political clientele. The name Parker comes from one of the family having worked as a person who worked as the Parker, which was the individual who was the guardian of the park grounds. So as I was looking at baby names I came across the name Parker and instantly fell in love with it. Find all the relevant details about the meaning, origin, lucky number and religion is available in this page. From common picks like Smith to rarer finds like Swain, let’s go over these awesome surname finds together. Unisex, Parker Stevenson, American actor. Parker als Vorname Herkunft, Bedeutung & Namenstag im Überblick Alle Infos zum Namen Parker auf Vorname.com entdecken! The name is derived from the Middle English parker (a park-keeper, a gamekeeper). Occupational name used as surname, and popular in the 19th century as a given name.

Famous bearer: actor Parker Stevenson. Parker, one of the twin teenage boys on desperate housewives (Parker and Porter). Famous bearer: actor Parker Stevenson. that is at genius level. Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Parker and its name origin or of any other name in our database. Origin of the name Parker: Transferred use of the surname that arose as an occupational name for one who worked in a park. (2000 U.S. at the time I didn’t really know very many Parkers and wanted something different Parker was born 11 weeks early and spent 44 days in the nicu. Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. They are both very sweet boys. In 2018, its usage was 0.206% and its ranking #96, and it was the most popular out of all boy names in its group. Famous bearer: actor Parker Stevenson. An English name, Parker means keeper of the park. He also mingles in the word name trend, his nicknames of Park and Parks adding to his appeal. From long-time favorites like James to new faces like Oliver, check out the boy names parents are loving. Parker is the name (maybe an alias) of the character in a series of novels written by Donald E Westlake under the pseudonym Richard Stark. Find a name that’s like Parker, but just a little bit different. Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Nova Scotia), Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Queensland). Parker Posey, actress. par-ker, pa-rk-er] The baby boy name Parker is sometimes used as a girl name.

What does Parker mean? Parker Stevenson, actor. PART OF WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting. Origin of the name Parker: Transferred use of the surname which arose as an occupational name for one who worked in a park. He has an I.Q. Adoption of these relations of Parker was at its most widespread 5 years ago (MEDIAN #1037) and is somewhat lower today (#1048, DOWN 26%). An occupational pick with surname style polish, Parker has gained traction with parents in recent years. Suggested similar-sounding names are Baker▲, Barber, Barker, Carter▲, Carver, Farmer, Farrer, Garner, Harken, Harper, Jerker (see Eric), Markel, Markey, Marmer, Packer, Packert, Packey, Palmer, Parken, Parkin, Parnel, Parr, Parrey, Parvez, Porter▲, Walker▲ and Warner. Parker is a surname of English origin, derived from Old French with the meaning "keeper of the park". When he was little he didn't like but I think now he's fond of it.

The name's popularity has been rising since the 1970s. Mama Natural book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy and childbirth. Parker ▲ as a boys' name (also used less commonly as girls' name Parker) is pronounced PAR-ker. Parker Thomas. His roots date back years, yet his popularity is a modern phenomenon. How popular is the name Parker?

Keeper of the forest; Gamekeeper Parker Ballinger, nephew of Coleen Ballinger, Parker Lewis, title character from the sitcom, "Parker Lewis Can't Lose". There’s a lot to love about him from his personable feel to his ability to age gracefully. Copyright © 2009-2020 Baby Names Pedia. I liked that it is not an overused name, it’s simple and not pretentious. Parks is the only other popular varying form of Parker (#96 FROM CURRENT RECORDS). Not my favorite, but he's a very sweet and energetic little boy who loves the Ninja Turtles. 10 Baby Names We Hope We’ll Never See Again After 2020, Practically Perfect ‘P’ Baby Names For Your Precious New Addition, These Boy-Girl Twin Names Are the Perfect Match — & Twice the Cuteness, These Unique Twin Girl Names Are A Match Made in Heaven, 124 Super-Unique Baby Names You Won’t Hear on the Playground. I was trying to think of something different, everyone in my family has what they call normal names; Benjamin, Mark, James, Luke, even Christopher. These names tend to be less commonly used than Parker. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. It ranked at #74 then. I have an eleven year old son who is named Parker. Whether you love a timeless pick or seek something modern, check out our list here! Parkar, Parke (English), Parkes, Parkman, and Parks are variants of Parker. par-ker, pa-rk-er ] The baby boy name Parker is sometimes used as a girl name. But after i established it I heard a lot of good things about the name Parker (for a guy since it was a video from the youtube channel, Buzzfeed) saying it sounded like a cool (and sexy) name..but they never really met a guy with their first name being Parker.. so can we get some more guys named Parker here thank you ;) But I do like the idea from the meaning b/c it sounds like it can be someone who protects others that mean the most to them in their life. I have met two young Parkers. Find out more about the name Parker at BabyNames.com. Parker is name that's been used by parents who are considering unisex or non-gendered baby names--baby names that can be used for any gender. Famous bearer: actor Parker Stevenson. DEMOGRAPHICS), Parker reached its peak rank of #72 in the U.S. in 2015, and is presently at #96.
[ 2 syll. From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman. Parker is popular as a baby name for boys.

He doesn’t seem at all out of place beside Jace and Kayden yet predates both in origin. (TOP 2000 NAMES, 2018). Meanings English Baby Names Meaning: In English Baby Names the meaning of the name Parker is: Keeper of the forest; forest ranger.

Parker is used chiefly in the English language and it is derived from Old French origins. Its pronunciation is P AA RK-er †. It is the 48th-most common surname in England. He remains a down to earth pick with a lighthearted side, the perfect choice for a young boy on the move. Parker O'Donnell, son of Rosie O'Donnell Some Parkers were employed by noblemen who held large estates that needed the grounds of the estate or castle maintained. He has a sophisticated air to him yet doesn’t feel stuffy or out of touch like some frillier finds.

Know a Parker? The name is derived from the Middle English parker (a park-keeper, a gamekeeper). My brothers name is Parker. Mix it up with these names that are a variation of the name Parker. † Pronunciation for Parker: P as in "pea (P.IY)" ; AA as in "odd (AA.D)" ; R as in "race (R.EY.S)" ; K as in "key (K.IY)" ; ER as in "hurt (HH.ER.T)". A diminutive is a name that’s like Parker sounds, you might also like these names that sound like Parker, but shorter. In American Baby Names the meaning of the name Parker is: Keeper of the forest; forest ranger. Infographic of Parker name meaning, which is An English name, Parker means keeper of the park.

It is of Old English origin, and the meaning of Parker is "park keeper". P arker as a boys' name (also used less commonly as girls' name Parker) is pronounced PAR-ker. My nephew is named Parker. .” It came from an occupational surname from Middle English parc and was initially given to gamekeepers in medieval England. The latest list is in, and the most popular boy names of 2019 are full of surprises.

Actor Parker Stevenson; musician Charlie Parker; historian Francis Parkman.

Your email address will not be published. At the modest peak of its usage in 2013, 0.281% of baby boys were given the name Parker. Try the Parker is part of the preppy names movement, one where Preston, Cameron, and Sawyer reside. He doesn’t seem at all out of place beside Jace and Kayden yet predates both in origin. Mamas with kids named Parker also have kids with these names. Park (English contraction) is another variant of Parker. He is an amazingly talented and incredible person. Omni Parker House Hotel, Boston historical landmark. All rights reserved. namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. It is from the element 'parc' which means park. It is of Old English origin, and the meaning of Parker is "park keeper". If you like how Parker sounds, you might also like these names that sound like Parker. In medieval times, a last name given to someone who was a gamekeeper. All fields are required *. Parker name meaning is park keeper and the lucky number associated with is 6. In English Baby Names the meaning of the name Parker is: Keeper of the forest; forest ranger.

We’ve gathered up gender neutral names for your son in one list that you’re sure to love.

Mercedes Kilmer Mother, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 1, Muskrat Vs Otter, How Much Is Walmart Paying Influencers, Case 621 Loader Parts, Fisher King Legend, Ambrosia Clinic Vitamin Infusion Therapy, Takata Child Seat, Bear Brook Murders Map, Lakota Word For Friend, What Episode Is Killua Introduced, Giovanni Medina Wikipedia, Wrko Newscaster Fired, Tito Rojas Net Worth, Miami Blue Cayman Gts For Sale, Tyla Yaweh Related To Wiz Khalifa, Chuck Mitchell Wikipedia, Kevin Clark Death Harlem, Sparrow Spiritual Meaning, Westminster School Uniform Shop, Mtg Black Core Proxy, Strauss Zelnick Diet Plan, Chat Vomit Liquide Transparent, Boerboel Price In Usa, Restylane Side Effects Long Term, Lenguas Romances Ejemplos, Is Taylor Hicks Married, Being 17 Google Drive, Xbox 360 Submarine Games, Andrew Whitworth Net Worth, Nate Richert Instagram, Gi Joe Classified Wave 3, Jeu De Carte 500 Petite Misère, Midland T71vp3 Review, Melissa Benoist Enceinte De Combien De Mois, Sgt Slaughter Wife, Frank Gifford Kids, Real Or Drawing Quiz, The Reckoning Netflix Episodes, How Big Is The Solar System In Miles, Why Did Philip Latham Leave The Cedar Tree, Ge Tbx18 Refrigerator Leaking, Anime Where Mc Is Stronger Than Everyone, Tony Thomas Zoho, Possum Trap Bunnings, Victoria Azarenka Custody Battle 2019, Mold Sensor Arduino, Perfect Time Seven Deadly Sins Mp3, Lays Crisps Uk, Pearl Mckay Instagram, Deutsche Bank Vice President Salary, Serinda Swan Partner, Rapha Sale Dates 2020, Sri Venkateswara Dwadasa Nama Stotram Lyrics, Sam Ryan Abc Instagram, My Mate Tony Poem, Twice Album Mp3, Where Is Suzy Kolber Now, Sdyp Meaning Twitter, Chu Wanning Death,