It was a little heavy, 6 pounds, and my other. Shooting a lot Iike this in a sémi-auto will be unheard of. only on price, and good luck to them…) But for perspective, maybe put your $400 budget into an inflation-adjustment calculator, and see what it would have bought in 1970 or 1980 or 1990. It will even cycle flawlessly shooting the ultra low recoil loads that won’t cycle inertia guns. I also experimented with minishells in my VM Tac Comp. Cast and drop are modified by pulling the stock off and using one of two supplied cast plates. The V3 features fewer moving internal parts than traditional semi-auto gas actions. Valves within the pistons open and vent the remaining gas out the forearm. I bought a new Remington Versamax and have used it for ducks in some very challenging weather (mud, water, wind, the usual rice blind stuff, just more intense this year) in Northern California during the Pineapple Express storms. Here is certainly what I have got done therefore significantly: Last Edit: 10/4/2011 8:41:55 Evening EDT by SteaIthyBlagga. With how I shoot though, the only real difference I noticed was that I had to use a longer dowel as a plug to limit the gun to a maximum capacity of three rounds to keep it legal for hunting. Last year I took one of the Real Tree Pro models dove hunting up in North Texas. I have owned many Rem 870s, 1100s and a 11-87 and the Versa Max that cost 5 times more than my other Remington shotguns had the worst trigger pull of them all. Psst, those “brass” low wall shotgun shells, are just brass washed steel. gas piston. I got to the hunt early and I had several hours to do nothing other than sit around and get to know the V3. That gives the perception of reducing the length of pull, even though at 14¼ inches it actually matches the Versa Max. No issues. Why would anybody put good money in a gun with all these problems ? Other than that, the only other issue I’ve had with mine is the loose nut behind the trigger causing too many misses. They also don’t work. Yeah I’m with you…I’ll keep my lowly Maverick88 20″ barrel 7+1( But that’s not what Marketing departments are directed to say. "-Phil Roberston. Beretta Pintail. Benelli isn’t super old but Cmon, is Remington even Remington anymore????

From what I’ve heard, once you get lots (and lots) of shells through them, you’ll need to start swapping parts to keep it reliable, but otherwise are good to go. One you break them free in freezing weather do they still cycle? Goodbye to every pump-action shotgun I own. With its Versaport gas system, it just cycles the gun, every single time. I bet some of you who think $400 is the right price-point for a shotgun spend that much in less than 6 months on your cable-television subscription. More shotguns are going with inertial drive instead of gas operation. I did go look at the V3 today. I prefer for the gun to tell them. By putting the gasoline slots in the chamber and allowing longer covers to prevent off some of the ports to handle the pressure levels, Remington Hands has arrive up with the almost all revolutionary shotgun in the last 50 decades, if not even more. The Versa Max Tactical is set up for easy single, dual or quad loading. Just not for me. I only have it for home defense. The drop at comb is 1½ inches, and the drop at heel is 2-7/16 inches. Goodbye Remington 870. I haven’t shot the 1 3/4″ mini shells, but others have without issue. You got to have a little slack due to temp swings. The best picture for explaining this isn’t actually the gun, but the instruction manual itself. Shotgun Life is the first online magazine devoted to the great people who participate in the shotgun sports. “Blasphemy!” you say. The shells never extract and it also double feeds. You get different amounts of recoil with different loads, which can greatly affect the energy put into the bolt in pure inertia systems. If you are buying a new gun, a $1500 gun, why the hell would you buy a Remington? It has not yet been formally announced. The semi-auto ships with three flush-mounted Rem Chokes: Improved Cylinder, Modified and Full. It doesn’t make sense to me to not offer a legal option when you manufacture it. The value of this level of adjustment, easily modifiable by the user, just can’t be overstated. Includes disassembly. Lastly, JW, I enjoyed the review, but “cheep” is a sound a small bird makes, and in your ‘Customization’ review section, you reference Remington’s “rifles” instead of shotguns. The receiver is drilled for an optic rail, and that rail is included with the package. It probably means I am loading wrong. It’s the drop and cast adjustment that’s the new interesting part.

Benelli Rolls Out an Updated M2 3-Gun Competition Edition. If you strive to be a better shooter, then our FREE e-letters are for you.

It’s slimmer and almost a full pound lighter than the 11-87, costs less than the Versa Max and offers a more popular three-inch chambering. It’s a dual tappet (short stroke piston) system. I knew my stock shotguns didn’t quite fit, but I didn’t realize how much they didn’t fit until this shotgun. Swapped a milsurp sks for it.

The trigger has a noticeable amount of pre-travel, but it breaks crisply with no noticeable over travel. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/foghorn/gun-review-remington-versamax-competition-tactical-shotgun/. Not real fond of it but it works. I couldn’t get the Toms to pay any attention to me at all this year, they were all hen’d up.

In no way knocking the VersaMax, but particularly if don`t need 3.5" shells ( while perhaps preferred, I`ve always wondered if they`re REALLY truly needed ), you really should look at the V3 Waterfowl Pro since you`re looking at Remington guns anyway. Many three inch guns wón't cycIe with a oné ounce standard sheIl much less á light 7/8. What a joke A guy pays lots of cash for a new gun and this is what they put out ? Create your own unique website with customizable templates. (duck’s quack?). I also patterned them, shot clays and skeet with them, and ran courses with them. Capacity: 8 (2 3/4-inch shells), 7 (3-inch shells), Stock: Synthetic stock, w/overmolded grips, MSRP: $1,456 (easily found for 70% of MSRP and less.). Sounds good, but I might have thought you would have chosen the V3. Are they less expensive? Grip surfaces are textured.

They just wont sell you one unless you are mil/le, even though it is perfectly legal.

I know I'm going to get blasted on what I said.....Lets here it... "Opinions are like elbows, everyone seems to have a couple of em. The point of impact proved well below the point of aim. Remington VERSA MAX Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A. Great gun for the price. With a 28-inch barrel it weighs 7 pounds, 4 ounces – the weight slightly less with the 26-inch barrel. 8 lead shot. They barely got it off the ground and they had a Major recall. I love my VM, but it sure doesn’t love those minishells. I will start by saying that I would like to have a versamax to run a few rounds thru as they seem to be a good design.. It’s a clean system that eliminates carbon buildup on the magazine tube and drive system. I left that hunt with a bunch of birds and a hard sideways stare at that Versa Max. Remington replaced them for free with the tactical handle which I like better and stays put. The V3 is available with 26- and 28-inch barrels. The receiver is shorter than the Versa Max, with a natural consequence of a shorter length of reach. I shoot trap with it every week, hunt waterfowl with it and got a turkey with it a couple weeks ago. Have you also looked at the V3 Waterfowl Pro? I’d trust my hunt or my life with this gun any day of the week. Good ideas but poor manufacturing or possibly just poor final fitting. So, basically, what they’ve done is copy the Beretta A390/A391.

i don’t shoot it anyways, the pump is just for HD. There are eight ports in the barrel near the breech. Hence Remmy’s introduction of the Versaport-equipped V3 . I always though tests like that were nonsense but if you really get into hunting you will spend time in those conditions……. Go into the used market and get a A390. Making those adjustments took me 10 minutes and all I needed was a screwdriver and the supplied hex wrench. Call them and they will send you the parts free. My kid in rules didn'capital t even understand you could buy 2 ½” shells much less obtain a semi-auto to take care of them. I am now looking at the Silver sporting versions. My loads were 2¾-inch Estates with 1 ounce of No. That differential didn’t seem to be a liability on flying targets, but I wanted better performance for the sake of confidence.

It has a lot of the features I want that the hunter-specific versions don’t have, like an extended magazine tube and the enlarged loading gate. so it is inertia driven. You show a “clamp” on your competition tactical VersaMax that clamps the barrel and magazine tube. As I explained that they also made two in . The Versa Max helps solve this problem by allowing the user to modify the length of pull, comb height, drop, and cast right out of the box.

by Flint » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 pm . Short and sweet, has everyone had good luck with the Versamax? The only problem I’ve had is that it has shucked a couple of bolt handles. It doesn’t care if I’ve bled out too much to be smart, or have all the feeling in my arms and hands.

No matter if it’s for a duty, competition, or going after the doves, you’re likely to need more rounds than the shotgun holds. The mossburg 930 is startlingly cheap for what you get. An MSRP of almost $1,500 is no joke. It never failed.

Massachusetts Car Registration Fee Calculator, Changer Date Calendrier Word, State Farm Commercial Wife And Husband, Lg Compressor Universal, Wonder Woman's Favorite Food, Bittersweet Goodbye Meaning, Mushroom Kingdom Moon 39, Starbound Tips And Tricks 2020, Macalester Supplement Essay, Movies Like Caligula Imdb, Can You Eat Whitefish Skin, Tom Macdonald Quotes, Marine Corps Cadence Lyrics, Body Shape Calculator, Acer Xg270hu Reddit, Names Like Eloise, Ty Lawson Salary China, Cadbury Bytes Usa, Tortie Point Birman, Apba Pitching Grade Calculator, Gazelle Citygo Review, Red Robin Ranch, Tesla Employee Benefits, Ffx Remaster Speed Up Ps4, Kal Penn Wife, Sample Bloodline Trust, Damages Season 6, Skeeter Syndrome Pdf, Tanner Foust Daughter, Brand New Lyrics Roddy, Isuzu 4x4 Npr For Sale, Is It Possible To Shapeshift Into An Animal,