After descending down the hillside, and coming out into a fork, I immediately realized my mistake: I was not where I had thought I’d been! No cell access! Don't forget your flashlight! I usually secure my caving helmet to the outside of my pack, and this time was no exception. Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. Although I did wake up in response to my alarm, I was still feeling really sluggish, and was having a hard go getting up. Yr is a joint service by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. What the hell? I even somehow convinced myself that what I earlier perceived to be logs (actually further down) was just a washed out section of road. Given some of the reports I came across, there was some doubt as to whether a 4WD would even be capable of travelling that road. After stashing and concealing the gear to my satisfaction, I began slogging up the plateau atop of which I was to hopefully find Memorial Day Cave. I cursed myself for being so stupid so as to leave the light affixed to the helmet as I traversed through such gnarly terrain. About 1 minute down the road along the creek (on the west side of the creek, opposite to Slesse Creek FSR) you come to a fork. The temperature and wind forecast is for 12 noon. Interesting trip report. I snuggled into my down mummy bag, got out Deep Secrets (a book about the initial explorations and surveying of Lechugilla cave), and read myself to sleep. Hidden Place: Slesse Creek Cave Category: cave Region: British Columbia, Canada. I slept later than desired, despite setting alarm. The plan was set in motion, and I was to head out to the Chilliwack River Valley on Friday, April 27th. After about 350 meters of steady elevation gain, I found myself emerge into a flat clearing. My first thought, the light must have snagged on one of the trees that was overhanging the trail I had been trekking on the night before. A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M ------------------------- N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z, (letter above equals below, and vice versa), Copyright I don’t know if that would help access the caves anyway though. I’ve yet to have an incident (knock on wood), but on more than one occasion I have cut it close with my callout time. I fell about a meter, landing on my feet, fortunately. “Fuck!”, I yelled aloud. Despite the challenging terrain, I was in good spirits, and continued along at a good pace. To conclude this adventure, I grabbed a bite to eat at Dancin’ Pizza, a local artisan pizzeria in the valley area. Now that I'm done rambling about unrelated stuff I will say I was, on the 5th, messing around up the Chilliwack Valley & managed to get a picture of Slesse. Did I miss a turn? You will find this content on our new website under the weather forecast. Curiously (or so I thought to myself), I was actually west of the FSR! I’m not certain, but the view was absolutely gorgeous [Figures 2 & 3]! In case your wondering why I didn't create a talk page for this article when I made Slesse, it's because I was very new to Wikipedia when I made it & creating talk pages were not something I did with my articles back then. You will get about 100 feet up when you realize the bastards put up a yellow gete, blocking all but foot access up there. In determining a good callout time, you definitely want to avoid setting off a false alarm, but this usually means that when/if something goes wrong, you’re probably going to have to sit in agony for some time before a rescue is initiated. Is located in the Western Cordillera. I drove through, had a little ‘looksy’, circled around and out. I high tailed it out of their, back east toward the Slesse-Borden Creek FSR. Oh well! The dead-end with the logs was indeed real, and beyond this was the continuation of the Borden Creek FSR! Some very determined people built an ATV trail around the long gone bridge… they went upstream a bit where the creek bank doesn’t drop off so sharply, took an old culvert, put in where all the water was as to channel it,(which they did very well… as was surprised at how well they did it) then put some boards & stuff on top so they could take their ATV’s across before connecting the track back up to the road on the other side of the creek. Rosedale › North: , Hwy at Annis Rd, looking north, RosedaleLast updated: at 16:38Distance: 12,2 kmAdded by drivebc.ca. Follow a very rough (4wd only) road west for 2km more to a parking spot where McGuire is visible. Not bad at all. Copyright © Norwegian Meteorological Institute and Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation 2007 - 2020, Svalbard er Norges Sahara – nå er det sandstorm i Longyearbyen, Dette fenomenet ser man oftest på dagtid: – Aldri sett månen med så kraftig halo, Oslo har registrert meir oktoberregn enn Bergen for første gong sidan 1993. Based on the geology I’m sure there would be other caves in the area. Am I ever glad they decided this!

"michael Wolowitz" Miami, What Type Of Simple Machine Is A Wrench, Academic Event Professional Conference 2020, Barron Trump 2054 Twitter, Black And White Dragonfly Spiritual Meaning, What Does Maritza Mean In Japanese, Mansion In Lumberton Nc, Rylee Martell College, The Angelus Painting Worth, Do Turkeys Eat Hay, Leela Zero Commands, Bmw M44 Upgrades, Honda Talon Problems, A Salary Allowance Is Normally Given To A Partner Because Quizlet, Accord Guitare De Lamérique Pleure, Sherine Amara Age, Is Nf3 Polar Or Nonpolar, Kevin O'connor Death 2020, Clump Red Maple, Rangers Badge Png, Charlotte Milchard The Fourth Kind, Dela Lyrics Meaning, Rat Color Genetics,