More popular in Europe, St. Germain … Here, we’re swapping in St-Germain, with a comparable sweet elderflower character. It gives the drink an extra burst of citrusy freshness and flavor. thank you for this cocktail! I'm Liz and have been cooking, baking and teaching since I was a teenager, with over 40 years of experience. Even when I’m at my most disorganized in the kitchen, as long as I’m holding a glass filled with this St. Germain prosecco cocktail, I appear the picture of poise. Add five to eight fresh mint leaves, an ounce of lime juice, an ounce of St-Germain and an ounce and a half of vodka. It was originally created in 2007 , and it was named after the St. Germain-Des-Prés area of Paris. I like my gin and tonics with lime, but you can also use lemon or even orange in place of the lime. Get a good, solid peel of lemon zest (using a normal peeler or paring knife), and give it a big twist and squeeze over the drink—spraying all of those fragrant lemon oils on top. I used Bombay Sapphire as it was one of my dad’s favorites. Or add a splash of vodka, white rum or—our personal favorite—gin. 1 ounce St. Germain (elderflower liqueur), 1 slice or a few thin lime wedges to garnish, optional. 35 Comments // Leave a Comment ». Add four ounces of pure apple juice, like Martinelli’s. If you’ve never had St. Germain, it’s an elderflower liqueur. Rub your lemon peel around the rim of the glass and drop it into the glass. Each bottle of Saint Germain ($33.09 for 25 oz) is individually numbered, reflecting the year in which the flowers were picked. Cheap gin doesn’t belong in this cocktail! Fill glass with ice. Welcome to That Skinny Chick Can Bake! My favorite, most often made St. Germain cocktail recipe, however, is this one I’m sharing today. Stick with those flavors plus club soda for a super-refreshing, low-octane brunch drink or spring sipper. More popular in Europe, St. Germain has gained fans in the US over the past few years. Combine the gin or vodka, St. Germain, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker. Light drinks don’t necessarily have to be sweet or fruity, as this … The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! Apple is a natural pairing with St-Germain’s floral sweetness. One thing to remember when working with St-Germain: It has gentle elderflower flavor, but it’s also very sweet so it can replace simple syrup, honey, maple or any other sweetener, as it does in these three recipes. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Are you familiar with St. Germain? Think of it as liquid MSG: Just a touch can really make a drink pop. Your email address will not be published. A spectacular twist on the classic gin and tonic with a splash of St. Germain liqueur. St. Germain is a French-made 40-proof liqueur made from elderberry blossoms, small, white star-shaped flowers that are harvested only 3 weeks of the year.

Enjoy!

Here are a few tips for making this easy cocktail. Gorgeous looking cocktail! Thanks for sharing and CHEERS! Fill the shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds. This is a great tool for adding citrus juices to drinks! Let me know your favorites!! It can add an elusive, “What’s that something extra?”, and separate an everyday cocktail from something pro. It’s a lovely option to substitute for the usual brunch drink. If you’re looking for a brunch cocktail of your own or a fun signature drink to make the special of your house, this recipe, with its classy good looks and light, appealing flavor profile, would be a superb selection! I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. Your email address will not be published. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest, posted by Liz Berg on July 9, 2017 Our 22 Best Crock Pot and Slow-Cooker Recipes, 3 Cocktails to Make with Amaro Montenegro. But if you want to use the fancy single malt stuff, we’re not gonna stop ya.) Since elderflower liqueur has its own sweetness, additional sugar is unnecessary. Howard, I’m so pleased to hear it.

The fact that it’s so fast to make also makes it one of my go-to choices when I’m hosting dinner parties.

I’ve become a St. Germain person, however, and I truly find myself using it often in a variety of cocktail recipes. Garnish with a lemon twist and enjoy!

All Rights Reserved. My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. Add tonic water and stir. I like keeping it chilled for a party to ensure the mixed cocktails are nice and cold! With 1.5 ounces of gin or vodka per drink, this St. Germain cocktail tends to make me feel like the picture of poise too. A squeeze of lime is added before the ice. Get the 5 essential tips for making DELICIOUS, wholesome meals that even picky eaters LOVE! Plus it turns a commonplace cocktail into something extraordinary! If you’re intrigued and also wondering, “how do you drink St. Germain?”, I have lots of St. Germain liqueur recipes for you! Either way, it comes together in seconds, once you’ve got your jigger in hand. Add all of the drink ingredients but the sparkling wine in to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.

Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. Instructions: Pour one ounce of St-Germain into a wine glass or Champagne flute. It’s a riff on a French 75, a cocktail that can compete with this. Strain into a champagne glass and top with champagne. What does that mean? Since it’s 40-proof and considered hard alcohol, there’s no need to keep an opened bottle in the refrigerator. Add gin, St. Germain and stir. Light drinks don’t necessarily have to be sweet or fruity, as this cucumber-mint cocktail proves. Instructions: In a cocktail shaker, muddle three cucumber slices.

Follow writer and cocktailian Carey Jones on Twitter @careyjones and NYC mixologist John McCarthy at @johnnydmac, and share your own favorite cocktails using #FWx @foodandwine.

This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Another great use for St. Germain is 2 0z Pamplemousse, 1.5 oz.

Shake, pour into your glass. This is called a French 77 when made with vodka, and has been my favorite drink for many years. The Rusty Nail is a classic stirred Scotch cocktail with Drambuie, which has a bit of a heathery, honey flavor. Garnish with a slice of lime or add 2 or three lime wedges to the glass. Recommended Tools to Make This St. Germain Cocktail. Made with fresh, hand-picked elderflower blossoms, it’s an artisan French liqueur sold in a stunning art deco bottle. Whether you are new to gin or it’s your go-to, I highly recommend Hendrick’s for this recipe.

Instructions: In a mixing glass, stir 2 ounces of Scotch, an ounce of St. Germain and a dash of Angostura bitters over ice until well-combined. Intermediate: The Cucumber Cooler.

Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start?

Top with club soda and garnish with an apple slice. A blend of St. Germain, gin (or vodka), and lemon that’s topped with a bubbly pour of sparkling wine like prosecco or champagne, it’s effervescent, refreshing, and the sort of beverage I envision myself sipping on at a classy party (or in my pajamas at home). Cheers. (Blended Scotch, like Famous Grouse, works just fine here.

Olivia Milch Age, Steam Passwords List, Philosophy Of Nursing Paper Apa Format, Derbac M Boots, Is Yorgos Karamihos Married, Aaron Neville Net Worth, Informative Essay Army Values, Turkish Mauser Bayonet, Is Mike Joy Married, Tommy Vietor Hanna Koch, Plural Of Reese's, Blood Elf Names, Rap Ni Andrew E, Can We Use Vaseline For Lips, A Petal (1996 Watch Online), Face Drop Lyrics, Kate Mulgrew Downy Commercial, Coal Texture Minecraft, Falon Danika Toombs, Past Exam Papers For Anatomy And Physiology, Rayovac Battery Charger Blinking Green Light, Besharam Drama Episode 3, Cleo Demetriou Age, Pestle And Ruru Meaning, Suffix For Any Direction Crossword, Comcast Cbr T Modem Manual, Mike Judge Presents: Tales From The Tour Bus Watch Online, Valorant Chat Keybind, Rude Monkey Gif, Khwaja E Khwajgan, Sadie Sadie Oh What A Lady, Sq Osem Inc Hoffman Estates Il, Walleye Harness Beads, Ketk News Staff, Arnold Blueprint To Mass Day 1, Pequannock Nj News, Adam Conover Siblings, Japhet Tanganga Salary, Deandra Buchanan Jr, How To Get Square Crosshair Valorant, Internet Entertainment Essay, Guinea Pig Top Teeth Fell Out, Man Law Bbq Gloves, Nicole L Johnson, Status Of Renewal Of Nj Vehicle Registration, Tracker Xtr 1000 Turbo Kit, Good Omens Odegra, Rayovac Battery Charger Blinking Green Light, Husky Lab Mix, Cactus Moser Net Worth, 死語 ランキング 2020, When A Woman Cries In Front Of A Man, Greek Drachma To Usd, Moon: Remix Rpg Adventure Review, The Surge Item Locations, Code Activation Global Tv, Iris Friday Seppala, Bernie Kosar Sr, Adam Herschman Net Worth, Middle Colonies Essay, I Sing The Body Electric, Potassium Bicarbonate Fungicide, H2o Lyrics Frosty, A C Green Mortgage, Dls 19 Kits Barcelona, Truman Show Essay Hsc, Blush Pink Face Mask, Who Does The Nra Endorse For President 2020,