People gladly cling to freedom, even if it causes suffering. The Chaos ending is pretty simple.

In this one, Space Marine nukes the demons and Zelenin brainwashes the earth into singing the Lord's praises in blissful unity forever, trading freedom for happiness.

Incidentally, the Law and Chaos endings in Shin Megami Tensei I both suck royally, and the neutral … They are part of life's cycle and embrace it. If you can forget the taste of sugar.".

What a load of it, you werent any bigger! In Strange Journey? Well, while I don't know and therefore don't really need to be making this post... Don't forget to check out my SMT related webcomics at http://user.drunkduck.com/Strain42, I don't think we can choose Light-Dark-Neutral for MC : /.

In practice though, most people would probably sacrifice many freedoms if guaranteed happiness as long as they didn't have it presented as sacrificing freedom. Yes, you can spin it as an opportunity for something else, as a well intentioned person who thinks that they can get people to use thier radical freedom for something else. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. Social darwinism doesn't imply constantly actively weeding out the weak just because they're weak. General Atlus discussion is usually allowed as well. The whole point of free will is the pursuit of happiness anyways, so what's the point of resisting? No question. Silence that disgusting song, putrid angel.

The human bias towards freedom is because in real situations remote rulers don't know how to best control you to maximize happiness. As a bonus, this option has the lowest body count by an enormous margin. Most SMT chaos reps never get deeper than teenagers angry at "THE MAN". The ending literally shows gigantic piles of bodies in pools of blood.

The chaos in SJ is one where life doesn't matter and comes and goes freely. Consider Huxley's Brave New World. You do as you please and shape the world as you see fit. Hell, as strong as the Space Marine ends up, he can only hold his own against the demons because of the DEMONICA.

I also went reverse from my normal inclination in that game, and I've read the same from others. Main characters can't be Light/Neutral/Dark.

I find a lot to sympathize with in Strange Journey chaos. Those are good points, and freedom is awesome, but I think that ideally there ought to be some checks on it to prevent it from turning into selfishness and thus harming the greater society. The Neutral ending holds the less harsh option.

But what if they did?

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

In fact the word "darwinism" is in it to imply that its something that would just happen. There are no Light or Dark paths that lead to Light Law or whatever endings.

Worst case, humanity's corruption causes it to reappear sometime in the future. are all discussed here.

Demons ending up evil and disturbing are a reflection of humanity's collective sinfulness.

You just lost yourself.. The strong survive and the weak perish.

They want to tear it all down to give everyone a fair shot. Oh wait a second!

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.". There's no cold "for the greater good" dissociation with him.

IV identifies social darwinism as an explicit part of the teachings of the ring of gaea. Other than that, there are three endings, as mentioned before: Law, Neutral, and Chaos.

Amane is after you mentally divorce her character from her headband. The Law ending offers a solution to the struggle: sacrifice free will in exchange for eternal bliss. Press J to jump to the feed. No one commands you, no person and no idea.

Building off your example I think people like gun-hoarding militia nut jobs are well past freedom-loving and into selfish - though of course, they don't see it that way. I realized that the Chaos ending would wipe out humanity.

Sacrifice culture for peace? That's how the equality of chaos is portrayed in that game.

In a world where people are encouraged to be self interested, and survival and progress are based on strength, and any semblance of the idea that you "need" to support anyone weaker for any moral reason are done away with, its pretty explicitly social darwinistic from the egoism alone.

Jiminez doesn't have that anger. I think that saving Bugaboo was a compassionate heroic sacrifice.

They don't like "the system" and want to "break free". Most chaos reps are driven by anger. People are crazy about the freedom to own a gun, even though they're more likely to shoot themselves than stop a crime.

Is Conflict Best Resolved With Revenge Or Empathy Essay, Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor Red Light, Mary Berry Boiled Fruit Cake, Christmas Star Outdoor Lights Decorations, Strassburg Sock Walgreens, Cant Fuse Horus Persona 5 Royal, Grande Fratello Vip 2020 Streaming, Lewis And Clark And Me, Raft Update 12 Release Date, Pepsi Nutrition Facts 8 Oz, Kick The Buddy: Forever 2, Daniel Defoe Characters, Rever De Prendre Quelqu'un Dans Ses Bras Islam, How To Know If A Sagittarius Man Is Playing You, Kasam Se Serial All Episodes, Saturn Conjunct Vesta, After Streaming Gratuit Français Sans Inscription, Sudocrem For Nettle Stings, Bbc Cricket Scores, How To Get Highfawn In Prodigy, Kandyse Mcclure Eyes, Eddie Garrett Football, Gender Stereotypes In Media Essay, How To Lace Yeezy 500, Collie Puppies For Sale In Louisville, Ky, Celtic Mood Ring Colors Meanings, Rng Dance Crew, Yusuf Buhari Wife, Blazing Crystal Kh3, 1970 Dojo Wars, Puzzle Playground Pinball, Celebrities Who Are Rangers Fans, Mr Red White And Blue, Thor Bows To Percy Jackson Fanfiction, Mule Name Generator, Bita Daryabari Wedding 2018, Funny Basic Training Quotes, I Had Another Gear When I Looked Into The Mirror, Jeu De Mot Barbe, Tmla Plus Portal, Nba 2k20 Missing Players Mycareer, Desynn Indicator System, Peach Eat Laek Wikipedia, American Midwest Conference Teams, Paul Jones Wrestler, Warfield Productions Films, Daniel Lee Wiki, Cabbage Looper Poop, What Happened To Tisa Clothing, Apache No Module Named 'encodings, Lantana Purple Mclaren Paint Code,