Contrary to what many car enthusiasts often like to imply, domestics weren’t doing everything wrong.

They don’t care to drive, it is just something to be done to get from point a to point b and they just want something they can add gas to (or charge) and then put it in D and drive. It seems to be a 96 or so, nicely preserved, still on the job after all these years. I think this model was a bit wider than the predecessor, and he Camry was given the wider body in 1991, and that led to more Americans being comfortable in them. The thing about this is that I never said that the Accord was not a good car. I eventually came to really respect these because they seemed to have solved the body rust problems that had given Honda the rustbucket reputation that they had previously had, and because I met or heard of so many people who racked up insanely high miles on them with few mechanical problems. Amazingly, the oil still looked decent when I changed it. That’s about everything in the compact/midsize class, right?

We’ve gotten spoiled by modern standards. I once owned a ’91 EX 5M sedan in this color (Seattle Silver) 2001-2003. The quality issues that affected Plymouth did affect the 1958-on versions, but the 1957 ones sold quite well. I am a fan of these. And the difference between the best and the worst is really not that large. 1991 honda accord wagon. Dual airbags were not offered by any manufacturer on any model in 1991, and only a few models anywhere got driver’s airbags – mostly those that debuted or refreshed after 1989. 1946 Willys CJ2A Jeep Runs and drives good vintage cj flathead, 1954 Willys cj3b Coupe Black 4WD Automatic, 1951 Willys Custom built 4 Wheel drive Pickup, Power options: Everything about it says fun! I thought it looked almost like a four-door Prelude and I loved it… until the mid-cycle facelift when it absolutely did end up looking dreary and bland. See what happened with Chevy, Ford and Plymouth big car sales between 1957 and 1964.

I don’t think individuals are stupid, but I do think that the general public does react to marketing more than you do. I think that the Accord and Camry were markedly better cars than the Big Three offerings–and I say this as some one who was always trying to get people to ‘buy American’, because I felt it was patriotic (and good for our economy….Americans making money, buying stuff, paying my salary via taxes…), I tried to get my girlfriend to consider a new 95 Contour….we test drove it, but she wanted either a Camry or Accord. Too bad Taurus seats won’t bolt in.

It was not better marketing.

Buddy of mine had an Accord of this generation, a coupe. This is a difficult list to create because cars are not always directly comparable, and expectations of size and class change with time. In many ways, the fourth generation Honda Accord was the Accord that a German automaker would have built.
Car Carrier of the Day: Freightliner Hauling One Red Tempo, and Many White Ones. More classic cars for sale; 1991 HONDA ACCORD STATION WAGON RARE. Interior was very high quality. Sold new in Merritt Island Florida and currently located in Lutz Florida. Search from 3 Used Honda Accord cars for sale, including a 1991 Honda Accord EX and a 1991 Honda Accord LX. Or why Chevy creamed both Ford and Plymouth in 1961-1964? 1991 honda accord wagon EX white exterior, blue interior AT, 1991 Honda Accord wagon 155603 miles clear title. I do come from the sales end, while Paul is more of a statistician. For example, the F150, the Silverado, the Ram, the Tundra, and the Titan are all about the same in form and function, yet the Ford has the better reputation and it shows in the used market.
All Rights Reserved. Sort By. This Accord was too Americanized for me. She got a new 95 Accord (which I like more than this one). Not so. They still don’t. Fox Marquis/LTD – optional with 3.8. Anyone who’s read my posts knows they aren’t what I viscerally seek in a car but I can understand why people liked them, and I like them. G-Body: Regal T-Type with Turbo (could be mistaken here..), Panther: Town Car/MK VI/G-M/Crown Vic – standard We have 4 listings for 1991 Honda Accord Wagon, from $0. 2020 Topclassiccarsforsale.com - Classic cars for sale. Today’s cars are objectively better–but they are all quite good, so it’s harder to stand out.

But in terms of a new car on the showroom floor, every midsize car of that era was more similar in basic architecture and build than they were different. From 1985-1989, the Accord was probably the perfect car for some one who liked driving, and needed some room, and valued reliability. Nothing wrong with the Acclaim, but it and the GM counterparts were nowhere near these in terms of refinement nor durability. In fact, it’s #3 among all vehicles for highest resale value. They can tell an attractive or reliable car from an unattractive or unreliable one. Perfect vacation home car. There were only two generations of Accord wagons, this being the first. For the person who kept the car for 10-15 years there was a BIG difference between the top tier Japanese and all but a few American vehicles. The service manager said it even had a name: “Positive Shift.” What a load. See good deals, great deals and more on a Used 1991 Honda Accord.

We seem to be arguing over who is more of an enthusiast than the other. What exactly does that mean? Notify me of follow-up comments by email.

You completely missed my point. Cressida/Supra/Camry/Celica/Corolla – optional. People can look at the same facts and draw different conclusions. Sure you can drive the domestic ones for many years for low cost, but they are just not in the same league.

When I was 29 or so and these were secondhand cars I drove a friend’s EX Coupe 5M and it was a revelation. I’ve never driven this generation, but am open to getting one as a beater if it comes along. That applied to the coupe too. Maybe a Taurus but that’s definitely to do with slightly larger space, power, and generally good press. Description for Honda Accord 1991: Up for sale is a 1991 Honda Accord EX Wagon with just 33,500 original miles. While there I rented some loaners one of them was an ’88 LXi. 1991 Honda Accord EX Wagon 2.2L 4cyl -Automatic- 93K Miles :Must see No Reserve! It depends on your priorities. Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Safety options: The aluminum bed or the new funky tailgates simply differentiate them, and we will see how they affect the long term lives of these models. 1991 Honda Accord Ex Wagon ~~ 1 OWNER ~~ RUST FREE AZ~~ NO RESERVE!! Have clear titles for both cars (Washington)Both cars will need to be towed. Lawnside Classics Update: My 1960’s Sears Mower Is Still Ripping Through Tall Grass – Why Can’t I Buy A New Side Discharge Mower? Learn how your comment data is processed. Part of marketing is building an attractive car. It was really my first hands-on exposure to a mainstream Japanese sedan. Todays Civic is as long as this wagon! The GM offerings had even less refinement–though the adage, “a Chevy will will run poorly longer than most other cars will run” is pretty applicable to Celebrities and Luminas and post-99 Impalas (though the FINAL Impala iteration was a nice car, IMO, and BIG inside). I feel cars are ‘relative’. Dual airbags were standard equipment on the 1989 Lincoln Continental (which I believe was the first) and the 1990 Town Car. Curbside Classic: 1991 Chrysler New Yorker – Paging Bill Blass, Curbside Outtake: 2003 Infiniti M45 – Easy To Mistake For An American Four Door Hardtop. So we bought our Corolla instead. Well you said ‘cars from Detroit’, so I responded with a list of American cars, and compared/contrasted that with what was available in Japan.

For the purposes of this debate it would probably be easiest to illustrate the first year a 4-speed became available for a car offered in the compact/midsize segment. https://youtu.be/lV6yT92En-c, Your email address will not be published. And it came in wagon too. Old, rare, muscle cars, street rods auctions. And as we see from your photos, the interior material quality was very high. Great driver, gorgeous looking. If I were commuting daily, I’d consider it. I don’t know why Honda insists on rock-hard seats with no thigh support in their Accords. I was talking about the direct competition for the Accord and Camry. It may not lead to continued sales, but as most American OEMs live for the current based on Wall Street demands, not the future, it is what they excel at.

up to .

Do you want to make a second list showing the 4-speed automatics from the Big 3 for their Accord-Camry competitors in 1983? We would have bought one, no question, in 1993, but like the Camry wagon, the Accord wagon was AT only until the next generation. These came along after I had married an 88 Accord, built midway through the prior generation (with the popup headlights). When we need to replace her ’79 Camaro we (I) fell for a new ’85 Pontiac 6000 STE. Also, it got a 3″ wheelbase stretch for better leg room. People are not quite as dumb as you think. The rear cargo area is ideal for hauling dogs. I found it coarse, cramped, harsh, and rather spartan compared to the B-body wagon my parents had. It’s not like a Lumina or Spirit totally sucked, nor did the Camry, Altima, or Accord completely overwhelm. I will say that I take a bit of offense at your saying I have a deep lack of knowledge of the market.

They couldn’t be concerned if it carves corners. I respect cars like the A-bodies and Acclaims and such for being roomy affordable family transportation, and even being reasonably robust mechanically (depending on powertrain). Driving Impressions: 1959 Porsche 356 Convertible D – The Happiest Car In The World; Or Is It The Driver? They only begrudgingly started buying Japanese cars when the quality gap became too great to ignore. It was, I believe, the most trouble-free, reliable car I have ever experienced. I had a fifth grade teacher who owned a pair of the Accord wagons, I believe both were beige. They aren’t very good looking in my opinion, but I imagine that they serve their purpose admirably and without complaint.

The Camry literally sent the team back to the drawing board. What makes this generation more desirable is the SE/EX version with the 140 hp fuel injected engine, bigger alloy wheels, fatter tires, rear stabilizer bar and upgraded upholstery. While the fourth generation took its inspiration from the BMW E30, the fifth generation was rather “blah”, and hasn’t aged well in comparison IMHO. 0-60 times only matter as it gets them onto the freeway from the on-ramp. . “How many cars from Detroit had four speed automatics in 1983?”. I have never had one, but I stop and think of the possibilities whenever I see one. Far better handling, visibility, quality of materials and just all around excellent. That’s why there’s still a few of these around. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It all depends on your priorities. I would have no hesitation owning one of these if a really sweet one plopped itself in my path. Not even from the same planet as the Japanese. I was weaned on GM growing up in the 60’s, 70’s & 80’s until soon after my wife and I married in ’84. But I still much prefer the 3rd generation that preceded it. I was bothered at how long Honda took to fit their cars with airbags and anti-lock brakes (also unavailable on ’91 Accords and most ’92s and ’93s as well). Should do a story on my 80 which I still miss. Quality of build was better, engineering better (but not a technological breakthough, my original point with “leaps and bounds”), and the masses left the USA brands as they figured out the Big 3 were just not producing better cars. It took about ten seconds to get the same response with the Saturn. But if it was still running fine, it probably will for some time to come.

2006 Mastercraft X Star Specs, Javin Hunter Tesla, Boolean Algebra Calculator Symbolab, Annalynne Mccord Married, Nor1 Upgrade Login, No Mans Sky Save Editor Ps4, Skeleton Hand Tattoo Meaning, 40 Ford Coupe Project, Party Trends 2021, Why Does Kelly Wearstler Wear A Brace, Nicola Van Gelder, How To Watch Tehran, Chernobyl Worms Size, Cloud Font Generator, When Is The History Today Dissertation Prize Winner Announced, What Does A Strict Constructionist Believe, Green Hell Crafting Fire, Location Laveuse Tapis Rona, Summon The Angel, Salaire Service Militaire Maroc, Police Film 2020 Streaming, Why Does Kelly Wearstler Wear A Brace, Cancel Extended Warranty Letter, Mr Crocker Voice, How To Curve Text Vistaprint, Emergency Stop Automatic Car, How Long Can You Keep Yorkshire Pudding Mix In The Fridge, Marvin Marvin Season 1 Episode 1, Does Crunchyroll Have One Piece Dub, Reggie Ballers Wiki, Nueces Bay Depth Chart, How Much Is Walmart Paying Influencers, Candy Trivia Questions And Answers Printable, Coal Texture Minecraft, Jeep Cj7 Front Axle Diagram, Bmw E46 M3 For Sale Craigslist, Lars Homestead Layout, Gerry Mulligan Wife, Rêve D'étoile Filante Islam, Mp3paw Top Songs, Jania Bania Age, Which Part Of A Modern Firearm Is The Same Function As The Lock On A Muzzleloader, Flipped Drive Mp3, Bt Sport Box Office Now Tv, Nedra Stern Death, Julian Marley Mother, Mini Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale Near Me, Jody Morrill Wolcott Obituary, Kippers Vs Sardines, Scott Scurlock Tree House Inside, Are Uzbeks White, Elvira Wayans Cause Of Death, Iwanai Kedo Ne Lyrics Full, Shaw Winnipeg Scurfield Hours, Are Twizzlers Fattening, Bill Sorensen Wife, Live Sound Wallpaper, Happy Birthday Wishes Quotes For Coworker, Driver License Online Florida, How Does A Spring Thermometer Work, List Of Mbc Channels, Air Force Games Unblocked, Arsenal Military Academy Fanfiction, Pilon Poulet Mijoteuse Cuisine Futée,