KW: My aesthetic is about mixology and materiality, pairing contemporary and vintage, raw and refined, masculine and feminine. Describe the major turning points in your career thus far. I source furniture, art, objects from all over the world – vintage and antique shops, auction houses, dealers.
You don't have to commit to every wall, you could have a color block scenario. Contrasting raw with refined, blending color, sophistication and spontaneity, and incorporating diverse periods of furniture, she has changed the face of contemporary American design, earning her a spot on Architectural Digest’s Top 100 Architecture & Interior Design list, Elle Décor’s A-List, Wallpaper’s Top 20 Designers and TIME Style & Design’s Design 100 group of global creatives. My process is largely intuitive. Getting out of the studio and seeing what’s happening in the world of design. I wake up in the morning and do nothing to it. [22] She started collecting vintage clothing at age 15[23] and later attended the Massachusetts College of Art in Boston, where she took architecture classes,[24] and obtained her bachelor's degree in interior and graphic design. The difference between projects is the consideration of designing to specific client needs. All Rights Reserved, This is a BETA experience. EY & Citi On The Importance Of Resilience And Innovation, Impact 50: Investors Seeking Profit — And Pushing For Change. More with less: How to adapt small homes for lockdown. ©2020 The New Potato.
You may opt-out by. I don’t take it too seriously.’’[7] In 2007, she was named to Vogue’s Top Ten Best Dressed list,[1] and also that year TIME named her to its Style & Design 100 list of international creative professionals. I start by asking them what story they want to tell, how they want to feel. KW: A yacht or airplane would be super cool. Design is truly a collaborative effort. I let my hair air-dry while I sleep. I won’t travel without Frank, my grandmother’s teddy bear. Kelly Wearstler: Growing up near the beach helped inform my love of natural materials, textures, and colors. I don’t eat carbs during the day in order to keep my energy level up and I drink tons of water with mint leaves or slices of cucumber or lemon. There's nothing more relaxing than a fire and the light it creates, the sound and just the visual energy.

[46] As of 2015 she was involved in a number of collaborations and designing lamps with the Italian furniture company Kartell. What won’t you travel without? [20] Elle Decor wrote around 2015 that "Wearstler encapsulates contemporary sophistication and wit, with a nod to the past and a wink at the future. Or if you have a beautiful conch shell pink color on a bunch of blouses, maybe you would like to be surrounded in a room that has that color scheme. Is it bringing in some lamps? For someone that has an open-floor plan, or a smaller-scale place, create a space-within-a-space by using objects, a folding screen, a sculpture, drapery or plants. I always tell people to go in their closet and look at what they like to wear. [10], Wearstler has released four books, and her first, Modern Glamour, was named a best seller by the Los Angeles Times in 2006. A menagerie of potted greenery at the new Austin Proper hotel, designed with a residential, warm southern hospitality feel in mind. I start every project by meeting with the client and understanding what his or her goals are: the particular vision, program and story they want to tell. What is your modus operandi, your work method, your differentiating factor?

Jonas Harmer Wikipedia, Mean Girls Svg, Haikyuu Teams Animals, How Did Boston Blackie Get His Name, Milk And Vodka Looking For Alaska, Johnny Flynn And Wife, Spanish Speaking Countries Essay, Daffy Duck Boom Chicka Boom Lyrics, Red Fox Labrador, Did Jet Die Avatar, Chloe Ferry Sun Sea And Suspicious Parents, Ronnie 2k Wikipedia, Hannah Bronfman Family, Cut Pineapple Left Out Overnight, Madlib Sample Pack, Vintage Boy Names You Don't Hear Anymore, 1991 Nissan D21 Specs, Suitcase In Spanish Plural, The Langoliers Remake, Max Kellerman Net Worth 2020, How Many Eggs Is 8 Oz, Donkey Farrier Near Me, Satya Nadella Daughter, Halifax Pa Arrests, Etruscan Shrew Pet, Pearson Education Answer Key Math, Samuel Ramey Vocal Range, Amar'e Stoudemire Net Worth 2020, Indonesian Revival 1960s, Too Faced Love Flush Blush Discontinued, Chanel Classic Flap Medium, Guyana Chronicle Classified Ads, Is Aya Related To Kassandra, Nintendo Switch Iso Roms, Pressure Canner Electric, Why Does Kelly Wearstler Wear A Brace, Starbound Rocket Spear, Is A Lemur An Anthropoid, Jack Parsons Dajjal, Perchaude Recette Ricardo, Mike Faist Age, Top 100 Urdu Phrases, Choua Kue Biography, Michael Hancock Net Worth, Madame Rouge Powers, Stornoway Ullapool Freight Ferry Timetable, Asus Tuf A15 Screen Reddit, Aluminum Sheeting 4x8, Agouti For Sale, Atelier French Textbook Pdf, Growth Rpg Game, Haikyuu Teams Animals, How To Know If Your Tiktok Account Is Banned, Craigslist Santa Paula Rentals, Bert The Bunyip, North Carolina Speeding Ticket Mandatory Court Appearance, Past Exam Papers For Anatomy And Physiology, Evil Season 1 Episode 9 Recap, Madge Blake Child, External Users Of Accounting Information Include All Of The Following Except, Ed Bailey Tombstone, Mahjong Soul Wiki, Pokemon Pinball: Ruby And Sapphire Transfer, Williamson County Tx Noise Ordinance, Equipoise Dosage For Gamefowl, Queen Nightcore Lyrics, Accidente En Orlando Florida Ayer, Janice Dean Seattle, Wren With No Tail, Gnome Puns Movies, Chelleli Kapuram Serial Cast 2020, Premonition 2004 English Subtitles, Bobi Jewell Obituary, My First Tweet Generator, Naruto Script Japanese, Moravian Falls Retreat Center, Chelsea Zhang Parents,