Lemonjello from 21 months ago quoted more of the says I heard being from north Georgia area. ), She has a duck fit (Worse than a hissy fit. These 30 sayings will have you grinnin’ like a possum eatin’ a sweet tater. Ain't so good as they'd keep it all for themselves and it ain't so bad so's it'd kill ya.

Our town is so small that once we had a parade and there was nobody left to watch. ", This isn't a saying so much as a fact that anything and everything gets pickled in the south and you can usually find it in a big jar on the counter at the corner store.

It's a lovely reminder of my family heritage lol.
"Oh, my lands," or "land sakes," seems to be a deliberate substitution for Lord, a minced oath.

Uphill in winter? There are other animals commonly referred to in Southernisms as well, including but not limited to cats, turtles, gators, birds, possums, and skunks.

If you're born to hang, you ain't gonna choke on a chicken bone!

An instead of writing correctly like my phone tells me to i thought I’d write usin my authentic everyday speech so yall can get a feel for tha real thing. He’s so stuck up he’d drown in a rainstorm.

Don't know if these are Southern, but I first heard them when I was living in the Carolinas. 291 matching entries found. She's busier than a cat covering crap on a marble floor. Slicker than owl sh*t on a sycamore limb - it’s reall slick . Is the saying I was lookin for. A haint, in old Southern terminology, is a ghost, and according to tradition, scalding one will send it running right quick. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time. She’s so ugly she’s a two bagger. Here's a few I really like......"He was raised so far back in the woods that until he was 16, he thought asphalt was something wrong with your butt", "It's raining so hard the animals are starting to pair up", "She's pretty as a pumpkin but half as smart", "Her pants are so tight that if she farts it'll blow her boots off", "It was so crowded, you couldn't cuss the cat without gettin' fur in your mouth", "She was so ugly when she was born that her momma used to borrow a baby to take to church on Sunday". Begin to drop your 'g' as we're crossin' the Mason-Dixon line to learn the ways of the Southerners. Was your favorite saying missed? I don't know how southern it's origins are but plenty will tell ya if it ain't broke, don't fix it, you best leave well enough alone. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. Why not keep tally of all these redneck terms to see which ones you say on a regular basis! Here's one, After we get our rat killing done, let's go find us a glass of ice tea and some BBQ. We still use you as a singular. He ain't got the sense he was born with. My mother and aunts used to say this if they thought someone was telling a tall tale. He’s slicker then the grease off a b-b-q biscuit. Grew up in the central valley CA. Brittany Morgan, National Writer's Society2. It's been hotter'n a goat's butt in a pepper patch. Question: I didn't grow up in the south, but I did grow up a country boy in Iowa. ), When it's time to work there ain't nothin to it but to do it. (I don't know what a "haint" is, but apparently a scalded one can run really fast!). ", 15.

Hunh? But so far so good I guess. I guess they manifested as a result of stress and genetic dispositions, considering how many people in my family struggle with the same issues I do. I'm fixin' to fix the porch door after I finish this sweet tea. If youre lookin for southern sayins, well thatll fix your little red wagon!!

Beetlejuice Musical Online, Dave Bugliari Caa, Britt Leach Mekia Cox, Summers Heat Pellet Stove Insert, Joe Salisbury Family, Siberian Boston Price, Conservation Boeuf Bourguignon Au Frigo, 2014 Nissan Maxima Back Seat Fold Down, Birmingham Roller Pigeons For Sale Craigslist, Charlotte's Web In Spanish Pdf, 1998 Chevy Truck Headlight Assembly, Who Invented Pokemon Cards, Skeeter Syndrome Pdf, Who Is Dr John Campbell, Can You Put Boiling Water In Tupperware, Real Or Drawing Quiz, Max Kellerman Net Worth 2020, Ani Lorak Husband, Minecraft Ding Sound, How Fast Does A 110cc Atv Go In Mph, Fanta Klassik Recipe, Startup Cto Salary, The Castle House Yorkshire Grand Designs, Maggie Baird Colorado, Pollyanna Comic Book Mother, Gross Pay Calculator, Nypd Mounted Unit, 12 Hommes En Colère 2007, What Does Clenched Mean In The Outsiders, Fiora Build Xenoblade, Godspell Rehearsal Tracks, Big Little Life With The Dashleys, Martin Bashir Net Worth, Refurbished J2 Lasher, Blox Fruits Stock, Le Chiffre 7 Dans La Bible Pdf, Brock Boeser Brother, Tim Wilson Traffic Cops,