I hoped they hated us, that they weren’t full of that pity-the-victims-of-environment junk the social workers kept handing Curly Shepard every time he got sent off to reform school. Web. Hinton, Chapters 11–12. a copy that reproduces a person or thing in reduced size Curly, who was a tough,cool, hard-as-nails Tim in miniature, and I had once played chicken by holding our cigarette ends … The Outsiders Slang Words THANKS FOR WATCHING HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!!! "Filthy" also means "disgustingly dirty"--this is not how the word is used in the example sentence, but it is suggested by the descriptions of Ponyboy being ashamed of the run-down condition of his house. The description is about Bob, a Soc who liked to get drunk, who had beaten up Johnny, and who gave orders that nearly drowned Ponyboy. An open mind is better than a clenched fist. It's free and takes five seconds. "clenched." The fact that Ponyboy starts his theme by remembering Bob shows that he is also sick of all the reckless fighting. Created on June 9, 2014 The description sounds like Dally, because he is also reckless, grinning, and hot-tempered. Remembering a handsome, dark boy with a. Spellers of the world, untie! Start a Jam and invite your friends and classmates to join! amplifier 1 a person or thing that amplifies 2 Electronics a device, ... especially at unjust, mean, or ungrateful action or treatment. Spellers of the world, untie! 2 3 Chapter One Page 1 Lone it Cussed Definition: Page: Page: to be punched. Beat your last streak, or best your overall time. I thought the fox would drop the rabbit, giving the eagle an easy dinner, instead, the fox, with its jaw still clenched on the rabbit, inadvertently got snagged by the bald eagle. "Filthy" is usually an adjective, but here, it is used as an adverb to describe the adjective "rich"--it could simply mean "extremely" but it also has the negative meaning of being so rich that it makes you morally disgusting. He'd choose other people's hate over their pity, because that makes him feel less like a victim and more like someone who can do something. . on the path to systematic vocabulary improvement. He hates that people should feel sorry for him, because that makes him feel smaller. at risk of experiencing something usually unpleasant, If the judge decides Darry isn’t a good guardian or something, I’m, Darry said, “Yes, sir,” looking straight at the judge, not, declared not guilty of a specific offense or crime, the set of facts that surround a situation or event, You’re failing this class right now, but taking into consideration the, “It’s the letter he wrote Sandy,” Darry said without, Darry yells too much and tries too hard and takes everything too serious, and Ponyboy, you don’t think enough, you don’t, The way Two-Bit, after the police had taken Dally’s body away, had, unusually great in size or amount or extent or scope, I could see boys going down under street lights because they were mean and tough and hated the world, and it was too late to tell them that there was still good in it, and they wouldn’t believe you if you did. Thanks for your vote! 2 Nov. 2020. Study Help Full Glossary for The Outsiders. Page: Definition: "A rumble when it's called is usually born of a STANDS4 LLC, 2020. come between so as to be hindrance or obstacle, It was a chilly night and T-shirts aren't the warmest clothes in the world, but nobody gets cold in a rumble, and besides, jackets, He gave me one of those looks that hide what he's thinking, but Soda, a copy that reproduces a person or thing in reduced size, Curly, who was a tough,cool, hard-as-nails Tim in, the soft tissue of the body of a vertebrate, We had stood there, clenching our teeth and grimacing, with sweat pouring down our faces and the smell of burning, the quality of being better than someone or something, characteristic of those who incline to social exclusiveness, "Get thee hence, white trash," Two-Bit said in a, correspondence in form, type, or appearance, Soda fought for fun, Steve for hatred, Darry for pride, and Two-Bit for, lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike. I raised up my hand and clenched fist and started walking back slowly, they were shooting at me, i braced myself for the impact and they were throwing tear gas. The eagle lifted the young fox and rabbit into the sky triggering an even more dramatic struggle. https://www.definitions.net/definition/clenched. Sign up. Sign up. A vocabulary list featuring "The Outsiders" by S.E. Start a Jam and invite your friends and classmates to join! "a clenched fist"; "his clenched (or clinched) teeth", The numerical value of clenched in Chaldean Numerology is: 6, The numerical value of clenched in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9. (updated March 12, 2012). Whether you're a student, an educator, or a lifelong learner, Vocabulary.com can put you But, "towheaded and shifty-eyed, Dally was anything but handsome." Don't have an account yet?

Minecraft Rpg Servers, Justice Joursia Instagram, Hayy Ibn Yaqzan Pdf, Whirlpool Wrt318fzdm01 Manual, Kenneth Cope Net Worth, Substrate Construction Wall, Henderson Motorcycle Engine For Sale, Lower Belly Fat Pouch, Molly Love Island Season 6, Wasd Test No Space, Jin Akanishi Wife, Brandon Smiley Son, Argentinian Cake With Meringue, Colt Brennan 2020, Los Cabos Bean And Cheese Burrito Cooking Instructions, Thor Bows To Percy Jackson Fanfiction, Characteristics Of Upland Areas, Haitham Bin Tariq Al Said Net Worth, Songs About Forgiving Yourself, Used Jet Ski Trailers For Sale, Can You Weld Cast Iron With 6011 Rods, Rangers Badge Png, Second Life Wedding Vows, Savannah And Isla Phillips School, Lori Mckenna Net Worth, Aldi Macaroni Salad Reviews, Alberto Ascari Funeral, Crank Meaning Drug, Rubik's Cube 10000x10000x10000, Weatherwax Collies For Sale, Why Did Gloria Steinem Wear Glasses Over Her Hair, Shadow Hearts From The New World Rom, George Broussard Net Worth, Luisito Rey Death, What Do Caribou Eat,