By viewing our video content, you are accepting the terms of our. BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. – Broward County is going to have a new Supervisor of Elections. All have vowed to bring leadership to the once-troubled agency which has been stabilized by a caretaker since Brenda Snipes departed the office in a firestorm of criticism. FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Joe Scott maintained a slight lead over his closest opponent, Chad Klitzman, in the race for Broward Supervisor of Elections. Klitzman is a Columbia Law School graduate who worked in President Obama’s administration. Protecting our democracy and dedicated service to the nation is in Joe's DNA. You have to be ready on day one.

The results are still considered unofficial. He attended Christopher Columbus High School, Homestead Senior High School and graduated from St. Thomas University. Born in Tampa, he attended the University of Florida in Gainesville, where he graduated with honors from the UF College of Journalism and Communications. I have been a business leader for more than a decade. LAUDERHILL, Fla. – It took about two days, but the machine recount inside of the Broward Supervisor of Elections office is complete.

If you need help with the Public File, call (954) 364-2526.

Another candidate was Mitch Ceasar who is well known in Broward’s political circles. See below for live results as the ballots are counted on Election Night, Nov. 3: The winner will replace Peter Antonacci, who was appointed in late 2018 to replace Dr. Brenda Snipes.

Meet Joe Scott. If you need help with the Public File, call (954) 364-2526. John Lewis said, "we must ensure every vote and every voter counts." The recount began at 9 a.m. Friday and picked up again at 3 p.m. Saturday. ©2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Trent is no stranger to Florida. It is a position that has seen controversy before; when the governor stepped in and replaced former elections chief Brenda Snipes. The results will stay the same with candidate Joe Scott leading the race by just a few hundred votes. 'We Love What They Did': Florida Sen. Marco Rubio Supports Pro-Trump Caravan That Swarmed Biden Bus, Fort Lauderdale Police Find Missing Brothers Alando Brown & Tavaris Johnson, DEA Documents Reveal Elaborate Undercover Drug Sting That Nabbed Two Police Officers Accused Of Protecting Cocaine Transport, Trump Wraps Up Whirlwind Weekend Of Campaigning At Late-Night Rally In Opa-Locka, After Curfew, ‘The Power Is In Our Vote’: Former President Barack Obama Holds 'Election Eve Close Out Rally' In Miami, ‘Count Every Vote’: State Rep. Kionne McGhee Sounds Alarm After Ballots Found Stacked At South Dade Mail Distribution Center, Florida Marks Dark Day In Political History When A Black Man Was Lynched After Friend Tried To Vote, Almost 70% Of Broward Voters Have Cast Their Ballot Before Election Day, Tracking The Tropics: Hurricane Eta Has Continued To Rapidly Strengthen As It Approaches Northeastern Nicaragua, Tracking The Tropics: Tropical Storm Eta Expected To Become Hurricane Overnight. They will now have to go through a certification process. On Saturday, the recount for vote-by-mail ballots began and is now complete. Ballot counting machines and poll workers were hard at work inside the Lauderhill elections office until about 6 p.m. for the recount in the primary race between two top candidates for Broward County Supervisor of Elections. Snipes resigned from the role after she was suspended for her handling of the 2018 Midterm Elections. I think the most important thing is to kick the tires,” she said. Copyright 2020 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved. I studied computers in West Point, one of the best leadership programs in the world,” said Scott. The results of that race stayed at a difference of just .3 percent.

The recount of all 577 precincts in the county is required by Florida law if results are within a half percent.

Scott had received 51,557 (24.8 percent) and Klitzman had received 50,950 (24.5). “That’s why I decided to run for Supervisor of Elections to make sure that we always get the accurate results. One of those running was Jennifer Gottlieb, a former chairwoman of the Broward County School Board. Oakland Park Mayor Tim Lonergan was also running. We do not need to put back any of the individuals that were associated with the past in the voter fraud that occurred. Born and raised in Miami-Dade County, David has covered South Florida sports since 2007. Scott will be the heavy favorite in the November election, running in the heavily Democratic Broward County. “I think the most important thing is to drain the swamp. Scott’s background is in the military and in technology. Once they have been accepted by Tallahassee, it will be deemed official.

“I come from a very different background, I have never been in politics. “This job is the business side of the election process and what I mean is five things. Democrat Joe Scott is running against Republican Catherine McBreen to be in charge of elections for the 1.2 million registered voters in Broward. Joe Scott is a graduate of West Point and involved with a local technology company.”. Roy Ramos joined the Local 10 News team in 2018. His mom retired from Broward Public Schools, an educator for over 40 years. I maintain that we have a uniformity in process in the Supervisor of Elections Office, making sure that for every function of the office there is a corresponding procedure,” he said. According to the county website, Supervisor of Elections candidate Joe Scott led Chad Klitzman by 607 votes out of a total of 207,595; a difference of point 0.3 percent. Democrat Joe Scott is running against Republican Catherine McBreen to …

In all the race was made up of seven candidates. My background is that I have been an attorney for 40 years.

Officials said early voting and election day votes were recounted Friday. Her suspension was rescinded before she resigned. McBreen is an attorney and co-owner of Spectrum Group, specializing in finance and auditing. It is administrate, facilitate, operate, educate, and communicate to the voters of Broward County, that’s what my skill set dictates. “A lot of control, policies and procedures and instruction need to be updated. I am the person that can do this job,” she said.

Roy is a South Florida native who grew up in Florida City. David Dwork joined the WPLG Local 10 News team in August 2019. FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Joe Scott maintained a slight lead over his closest opponent, Chad Klitzman, in the race for Broward Supervisor of Elections. Scott … Catherine McBreen is an attorney who specializes in internal audits of financial institutions.

Ruth Carter is a 30 year corporate veteran of which 15 of those years as a human resource professional. It took about two days, but the machine recount inside of the Broward Supervisor of Elections office is complete. “We need to make sure our technology is used to keep information safe and secure and that services are protected and know that our staff is trained and given proper support to run the elections,” she said. He graduated from West Point Academy and was awarded the Bronze Star after serving a tour of duty in Iraq. We always are able to report back to the people what they decided in an election,” Scott said. Joe Scott's completed candidate questionnaire for the August 2020 Democratic primary for Broward County Supervisor of Elections. Copyright 2020 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved. Inside the voting equipment center, Local 10 watched board members monitoring the machine recount. His Grandma Carrie was the first Black woman to vote in Wilcox County, Alabama.

I have been an election expert for forty years,” he said. I think a clean start. BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. – Broward County is going to have a new Supervisor of Elections. “At this point in time restoring confidence in the process. We need a quality control process in place to make sure we are auditing ourselves, measuring twice and cutting once and making sure the office is running effectively,” he said. With a difference of 0.3 percent, Florida law provides for a machine recount, which involves re-scanning the ballots. “I am running for Supervisor of Elections because this is not a place for on-the-job training.

Trent Kelly is an award-winning multimedia journalist who joined the Local 10 News team in June 2018. I was an Army officer.

Mot De La Même Famille Que Vin, Tomb Raider 1996 Controls Pc, Crunching Sound In Tailbone, Worst Cheese For Lactose Intolerance, Pale Stool Pictures, Bravado Gauntlet Hellfire Parachute, Driver Pulse App, Matt Wordsworth Family, Russian King Crab For Sale, Ostrich Behavioral Adaptations, Grizzly Bear Strength Facts, Fox Hyena Hybrid, Spruch Von Fritz Walter, Harold Varner Witb, The Crew 2 Best Hypercar Reddit, Cam Ranh Bay Vietnam 1968, Neilia Biden Funeral, Aldi Monster Energy, Susan Bordo Articles, Needful Things Streaming, Cogwa Hymnal Pdf, Hexacorallia Vs Octocorallia, Tallulah Dash Instagram, Who Does The Voice Of The Snake In Harry Potter 1, Glitter Benee Lyrics Meaning, Al Baik Franchise, How Long Does It Take To Learn German A1, Pink Toe Tarantula Urticating Hairs, Apache No Module Named 'encodings, How To Soften Super Glue, Shaw Remote Codes List, Joshua Devane Wiki, Clear Lake Ca, Persona 5 Royal Seth With High Counter, How To Draw A Man Sitting On A Throne, Bible Verses For Motorcycle Riders, Needful Things Streaming, Jonnalagadda Caste Name, Watch Ghostbusters (1984 123), Pestle And Ruru Meaning, 1950s Tv Shows, Harley Police Trunk, Gardening Tv Shows 2020, Bloodhound Apex Skins, Cody Jones Height, Douglas Lake Lakefront Liquidation, Biology 2nd Edition Video Instruction Thumb Drive, Rainbow Monkeys Song, Seibu Lions Stats, Cranberry Cheese Aldi, Maggie Smith Jeune Titanic, Golf Cart Gif, What Is The Value Of A Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight, Car Cabin Noise, Descendants Of The Sun Lee Chi Hoon Death, Berkley Gulp Nuclear Chicken, How To Withdraw Money From Cash, Inc, 80s Night Clubs In Kent, Myrna Dell Measurements, How Many Amps Does A 25,000 Btu Air Conditioner Use, Tail Gun Charlie, Marvin Marvin Full Episodes, Sudocrem For Nettle Stings, Craigslist Springfield, Mo Jobs, W Hotel Taipei Seafood Buffet Price, Body Labs 3d Body Visualizer, Spin The Bottle, Lancaster, Ca Crime News, Deb Perelman Father, Lisa Simone Net Worth, Andrew Whitworth Net Worth, Liberty Cap Look Alike, Colin Mcrae Death Scene, Perish Family Leppington, Dir Clan Tree, Eyeless Jack Facts, Block Neighbors Wifi Interference, Josh Mckenzie Instagram, Daniel Maslany Height, Bosbos Dash Speaker Manual, Oblivion Reloaded Camera Mode, Lagrange Point Nes, Rdr2 Online Steelhead Trout Bait, Amish Propane Fridge, Bastard Son Of Loki, Fire Tv Stick 4k Usb Hub, Witcher 3 Gesheft Console Command, Icewind Dale 5e Pdf, Batman Sayings Kapow,