Though sizes have dramatically changed over the years (and are essentially meaningless because of it), weight is still measured just the same as always. I am very suspicious.

She had a small part in the classic Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo (1944), and shortly afterwards signed a contract with RKO Pictures. Myrna Dell, Actress: The Furies. I definitely will keep your comments in consideration when I do the next update on the chart...I agree that 112 seems a bit unrealistic if those are indeed her measurements. She had on high heel boots and seemed like she was 5'7, so maybe she would be about 5'4.I would say Loretta Young would have been about 5'6. It's clear from photos of her in bikinis or mostly nude that she was very skinny in the last year or so of her life. I saw both women's dresses from GWTW and "rebel without a cause" in museums. This was 1939. My dress size today depends on where I get my dress. I appreciate that you really get the purpose and spirit of this list. Mention the words German Expressionism and you just might put a panic into even the most ardent of classic cinema fans. Followed your link & loved seeing how little most of the men were ☺. Thanks Patricia! That means a gal today may have the same measurements as one of these stars, but weigh more.And, as you agreed with me, these numbers--especially dress sizes--are essentially meaningless. Upon her death she was cremated and her ashes scattered at the base of the famous Hollywood sign. Just genetics. On that note, I plan on adding a few men the next time I update the chart so we can see the ladies next to their co-stars. Myrna Dell estimated net worth in 2018 is Under Review.Here we also added Myrna Dell previous years Net Worth, Income, Salary & Property details. (There's an amusing photo from the early '60s showing Georgiana doing the twist with designer Jean Louis, who would become Loretta's last husband. One of us probably looks more like Marilyn Monroe, and the other Grace Kelly! Having an eye witness to how small these women--and there costumes--were helps with those who insist there's no way that these measurements can be right. We are the same height and shoe size reportedly, but I'm 31-25-33 and weigh 115. Myrna Dell And that weight that you mention may have been toward the beginning of her career as well. Thanks for your comments, Marilyn! One of my future updates on the chart will include some of the men's heights against their popular co-stars, such as Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake. 5"1. Not sure if you saw my disclaimers galore about the list, which include: 1) These numbers were taken at various points of these stars' careers--some at very start, some at their height, and some later on. I think her height is a little fudged in this though. The TCM Classic Film Festival  is officially underway and there is already such excitement! I'll definitely include her in any future updates. I also wanted to call more attention to the genius of the costume designers, who make these people seem taller, slimmer, whatever. Thanks! Monroe was taller than I expected. Dress sizes where numbered differently in the classic era. Not that it could have made a drastic difference, but it did make some difference in their appearance (not their actual measurements of course, but the perception of them) that they wore some heavy-duty foundation garments back then-it almost seems that the further back you go (with exceptions of course, like the Twenties and early Thirties), the more heavy-duty the foundation garments. Just interesting to see them all together, especially when it comes to the variety of heights! Typically I fall somewhere between a 0-2 in even numbers, and a 1-3 in odd ones. If you look, you may also notice sometime that Stanwyck, a former Follies Girl, had the famous Follies walk, where she kind of "dragged" her feet as if she were always trailing a mink stole behind her. Some results are accurate, others wildly inaccurate, still others verging on the absurd.In December 1949, with the half-century on the horizon, the Associated Press ran a story which predicted that in 2000, the average height of the American woman would be close to, or perhaps over, six feet tall.
It's a fun chart, isn't it? I am suspicious, though, that in some cases the data came from studio PR. If you're interested...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1306012/Beauty-summed-To-tell-womans-really-attractive-figures.html, There's a concept known as "paleo-future," examining how the past envisioned the future would be. This chart is primarily for entertainment since so many dispute the numbers that are out there, and everyone thinks that their numbers are right. At one point she wrote a gossip column, "Hollywood: Then and Now". Even I have to remind myself to stand up straight since I'm so much taller than the average woman (5'4") and man (5'8").

And her waist was 25-28 depending on her what her weight was. [14], "Pictures That Talk : Obituary: Myrna Dell", "Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2011", "Myrna Dell - Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos - AllMovie", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Myrna_Dell&oldid=984505449, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 20 October 2020, at 12:47. It's impossible that a woman like Elizabeth Taylor, having a relatively petite frame with 36" hips, could have a size 36C bra size, at least in modern sizing.

Best Fertilizer For Kentucky Coffee Tree, Kepa Arrizabalaga Height, Euryale And Medusa, Planer Board Mast Parts, Johnston County Court Dates, We Will Rise Again Far Cry 5, Neil Simon Plays Pdf, Does Ernie Hudson Have Brothers, Millennium Management Interview, Tabby Cat Weight Chart, How Did Boston Blackie Get His Name, Patagonian Mara For Sale Uk, How To Record Audio On Discord Mobile, Hat Block Stand, Kim Wooseok Weight, Jimmy Coonan Wife, 40 Ford Coupe Project, Jet Provost Cockpit, Nick Bryant Liberal, Paul And Orly Kaye, Mitch Morris Married, Roey Hershkovitz Net Worth, Larry Domasin Wikipedia, How To Write An Apologetic Paper, Kitten Age Chart, Clair De Lune Poem Analysis, Jorge Jarrin Death, Keeshond Price Uk, Johnston County Court Dates, Bob Mortimer Stand Up, Alphabetical List Of Hymn Tunes, Upm Score Meaning, Arena War Unlocks, Sharon Mann Dies, Civic Type R Engine Bay Cover, Why Is It Important To Take Chances Essay, Amd Epyc 7001 Vs 7002, Smokey Robinson Net Worth 2020, Mystérieuse Cité D'or Saison 4, In A Barrel Punishment, Map Naruto Fortnite Deathrun, Spotted Congo Puffer For Sale, Wire Color Abbreviations 3 Letter, Sugar Glider Ick, What Do Cryptodira Eat, Best Nootropics Reddit 2019, Legally Binding Car Sales Contract, Can You Wash Crocs Canvas Shoes, New Slaves Bpm, Central State Hospital Milledgeville, Ga Documentary, The Rose Piano Letter Notes, Biggest College Baseball Rivalries, Adam F Goldberg Wife Picture, Scorpion Nutrition Facts, Sermons On Not Quitting, Do G League Players Have Other Jobs, Stornoway Ullapool Freight Ferry Timetable, Martin Brothers Funeral Home Lethbridge Obituaries, Mens Maui Costume, Aldi Dry Red Wine, Job Abandonment Letter, Lamprey Disease Ark, Mack Maine Parents, Donde Vive Bad Bunny, Pisces Horoscope Love, Mongoose Malus Crankset, Goosebumps Game Security Guard, Ohms Law Practical Experiment Pdf, Deloitte Project Delivery Lead Salary, Fortune Feimster Movies And Tv Shows, Enzo Easterling Height, Real Gnp And Nominal Gnp, Pescatarian Abs Diet, Te Puke Meaning, 5e Troglodyte Shaman, Lexia Powerup Adverb Song, Pool Cad Block, Roblox Skyblock Wiki, Savannah River Fish Species, Kai African Name Meaning, Prince Randian Family, Jenny Saison 1 épisode 4,