Singing a blessing corporately to one another and over one another is not only perfectly acceptable but is in fact part of our instruction. Paul made a point of saying that we as gentiles are adopted into the family of God, and into the Abrahamic lineage (Rom 8:14-17, Gal 3:27-29). I wanted to create a screen name for a game I used to play called Maple Story (I don’t recommend it) using two words that don’t belong together, could bring joy to others, and would likely never trigger the frustrating “this name has already been taken” message in the future. I’m pro blessing, and it’s absolutely biblical, but it’s not a worship song in nature.

And give you peace.

I heard it and it was astonishing! IF (big if) the song is being sung AS worship THEN it is actually idolatry, because it is worship of the congregation, the blessing, “your children, and their children and their children.” Even if the church is the new Israel, the promise was given to Israel at a certain time based upon their actions. Never a toil or labor. Lyrical examination seemed like a good fit to use my talents, especially since there are very few websites dedicated to it. I really struggle with this song, which is why I’m here. That’s the question you have to ask yourself.

For people who suffer from depression, PTSD, anxiety, negative self-talk, repetition of good and positive things is often the only way to recovery, because of how potent and incessant the unhealthy thought patterns are. if this is so then the blessing is for us too. The issue lies within its use. Additionally, I find that repetition is the key to effectual learning.

As are just about any Christian song. it’s their copyright, not mine. God is for lost people, he is so for them that he sent his only son so that they might believe and have eternal life.

If they did, they would be blessed to the thousandth generation (Deut. “Do not be afraid. The Blessing was one of several songs which have become part of my personal healing.

Worship songs have God as the intended target; this song is clearly a blessing upon the congregation, which is fine, but it’s not directed at God. Thank You God for Your Son!! This song’s (like you said) main focus is blessings on believers- but that means it’s for believers not for God. This song relies heav…

The Lord bless you I agree with your assessment and love this song. He is for you, He is for you.

The Exod 20:6 and other refs are equally reserved not only for God’s people Israel, but conditional on them loving him, keeping his commands, etc.

As a pastor, I have used them as a benediction to our congregation at the end of a worship gathering. This past week was the first anniversary of the death of our daughter, a worship leader in her own right. Go in peace to love and serve the Lord. Calmly and politely state your case in a comment, below.

I was also prepared about your frustrations with repetition after being a good girl and following your links to the criteria section. The psalms also talk about things that God hates (like a lying tongue).

A balance between the two is something for which we must strive. I enjoyed these words the first time, and tolerated the second, but it became a slog after the entire Bridge 1-3, Post-Bridge, and Refrain entered its third iteration.

It blesses people, as I said, with the enveloping presence of God, the God of Psalm 139. Lol.

He can bless them with good health, happiness, safety, opportunities to witness, care for others. He will never leave you nor forsake you. If God is so for them, should we be against them in anyway? I think this ends up being a descriptor of God’s character, more so than some guarantee of generation-to-generation blessing. If we are going to accept the Bible we have to assume that all of the bible is relevant. The repetition is worship; I sense God’s heavy Presence, love and blessing more and more, the longer it goes on. That makes sense! Copyrights are meant to protect against it. Thus the repetition of the blessings as well as the amens. But when it comes to gospel or worship or biblical. When it finally get from your head to your heart that you, an individual, are being given this blessing. Do not be afraid. This song is available in all these mediums, free of charge (though there might be the occasional ad). Joshua 1:5,9 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee…. That God would grant bless us, keep us, show favor towards us, and grant us grace and peace for a thousand generations.

That is part of their job.

It gives you a sense of my thought process and how I score songs.

It is a blessing offered to believers. Jon V. That’s exactly what I thought when I first heard it.

We don’t deserve God’s blessing.

Learning is great, but manipulating minds is something we want to avoid in churches. Regarding specifically the question of this song being used in corporate worship – is the command to worship God through “psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs” exclusively meant for adoration? Totally agree. I am sorry to hear about your tragedy. this song is completely a blessing for not just any church but for each individual soul listening to it.

The promise doesn’t transfer simply because two different groups are refered to by the same name. Allow them enjoy the blessing.

Again, So sorry for your lost… but we have the hope of re-uniting with our loved ones that have gone before! without my brains signal or something my cheeks make a smile automatically.

I actually have made a play list of only this song to give me 30 minutes of meditative background to my prayers. BTW.

At worship, John Claypool used this benediction, and it struck both Scott and me as powerful. I grew up in and then served churches with three hymns (reduced to only two so a children’t sermon could be fit in the requisite 60 minutes) and a sermon with three points and a poem. The Lord bless you This song is a gift and should be given away, not sold. Conjunctive waw | Verb - Qal - Consecutive imperfect - third person masculine singular, Noun - masculine plural construct | first person common singular, Verb - Qal - Imperfect - third person masculine plural, Conjunctive waw | Verb - Hifil - Conjunctive perfect - first person common singular, Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, OT Law: Exodus 33:14 He said My presence will go (Exo.

We are taught to suppress our emotions.

I love the repetition – when I am struggling under a circumstance, I appreciate that repetitiveness because it helps me to remember scripture and the things that God wants me to remember, and i can sing it over myself and my situation.

Thank you for your comments! I realize this was an emotional reaction to the song, but this is still significant.

I just feel wary of painting God as this benefactor when people could be setting their faces again God with their unrepentant sin.

Vince,

There are times in my life when I look in the wrong direction for support.

I’ve been asked by several folks from our church, “When are we singing The Blessing?”, and I have told them that I was thinking about it.

Thanks for those who commented and shared their opinions on this. Whether or not it should be sung in church, I don’t really care. God made both the intellectual AND the emotional within us. That God would grant bless us, keep us, show favor towards us, and grant us grace and peace for a thousand generations. Repetition is not new in the praise of God. Thank you! Jon – I agree that scripture should be read in context but I disagree that in this instance a blessing has been taken out of context.

It has a bracing, spiny treatment of “do not be afraid” the first time and a more comforting treatment in the repetition. I agree with this.

Thank you for your comments and question! My son sometimes uses ‘ItchyTurtle’ when gaming, which also paints a quirky image!

Can you tell what that’s a reference to? I am glad that you checked my criterion before reading my review.

Read more », Calvin Institute of Christian Worship But eventually the stress led me to step away from pastoral ministry.

for the study and renewal of worship, 1855 Knollcrest Circle SE Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4402 USA

05/11/2020 – Added Psalm 103:17-18 as a reference for Bridge 1, thanks to Linda Carroll! This song is beautiful, I can’t lie. The Lord turn His

Yes, when artists play their music, there is often a charge to hear them play. The instrumentation is as much a part of what is copyrighted as the lyrics, so even if the words themselves are in the public domain, the way they are arranged and the instrumentation is original to that artist. Bless you for your statement!

Christian music is as much a business as anything else. Why did you copyright a song that inspiration was giving to you from the word God and his spirit – it was freely given to you and you freely admit most of it comes from “numbers” Do you have the right to Copyright it as your own inspiration? . I’d love to hear what Scripture backs this up as a worship song (not the lyrics being from the Bible, but this actually being a worship song).

I vote to sing blessing over that. Isn’t this reminiscent of what Biblical meditation is? I know that historically hard and fearful times have caused believers to draw themselves closer to God. I often am forced to watch the same commercial 4x in a row on internet TV

I pray for my generation and those generations to come to be safe, happy and healthy; to accept Christ as their Savior and for the salvation of their spouses-to-be whomever they shall be. Great question! Since it’s a blessing, and blessings are given at the end of the service, my thought is that a church service could potentially end with this song.

Filtre Aesthetic Tiktok, Hells Angels Riverside, Gtfo R3a3 Bolt Guide, Joel Selwood Retirement, I Feel Alive Duskus Lyrics, Terraria Eternia Crystal Stand Requirements, 衣服 防虫剤 アメリカ, Chowchilla Kidnapping Documentary Netflix, Iolo Welsh Name Meaning, Minecraft Buried Treasure Underwater, Kion Grown Up, Where To Park For Helm Crag, Jack Avery Baby Age, Rick Kamla Wife, Alex Tse Tvb, Air Show Crash Body Parts, Culture 3 Lyrics Saweetie, Wood Green Dog Rescue Norfolk, How To Listen To Tetra Transmissions, How Old Would I Be If I Was Born In 2004, Mummified Alive The Mummy, Does Nichkhun And Victoria Still Talk, The Sopranos Season 6 Episode 10, Dacor Pcor30s Parts, Figurative Language In Romeo And Juliet Act 2 Scene 2, Daniel Defoe Characters, Willis Mcgahee Kids, Lg Dishwasher Trim Kit, Rake Season 5 Ending Explained, Tennis Clash Tour 5, 24x32 Garage Plans, Exotic Duck Eggs For Sale, Banana Blossom Nutrition, Is Mo Rocca Hair Real, Lynn Bowden Speed, Brian Williams 11th Hour Email Address, Amish Propane Fridge, Lake Eligo Vt, Grigio Telesto Meaning, Hp Omen Review, Danville Il Mayor Democrat Or Republican, 2021 Yamaha Yz450f Release Date, The Sopranos Season 6 Episode 10, Emmett Kelly Jr Buyers,