r.src=t+h._hjSettings.hjid+j+h._hjSettings.hjsv; Shortly after, he reveals himself whilst Juliet, above him on the balcony, is shocked and fears for his safety. It is sick and pale with grief. Many people can relate to the play as it still covers popular issues in modern society such as young love and violence between different groups of people. Romeo’s exaggerated, deep language, clouded with poetic imagery in some ways is shown to irritate Juliet (looking for direct, rational answers from Romeo) as he swears by the moon which provokes the reply “O, swear not by the moon, th’inconstant moon, that monthly changes in her circle orb, lest that thy love prove likewise variable.” Juliet is concerned that by swearing on the variable, undependable moon, their love will be destined to follow the same path, with Romeo becoming unreliable.

If Juliet's eyes were like stars in heaven looking down on us, it would be so bright that birds would be singing because they thought it was daytime. Actually understand Romeo and Juliet Act 1, Scene 2. hyperbole - Romeo claims there is more danger in Juliet's eyes than in twenty of her relatives coming at him with their swords. By any other word would smell as sweet” referring to Romeo and his name, saying that he would still be as sweet and beautiful if he were called by another name. "How silver-sweet sound lovers' tongues by night, like softest music to attending ears" (2.2.175-176). Juliet greets the friar and thanks Romeo profusely for arranging the marriage so quickly. Romeo then compares Juliet to the stars, claiming that she eclipses the stars as daylight overpowers a lamp – her eyes alone shine so bright that they will convince the birds to sing at night as if it were day. Though it is late at night, Juliet’s surpassing beauty makes Romeo imagine that she is the sun, transforming the darkness into daylight.
(Act 2, scene 2) Type(s) of figurative language: How So? “Thou know’st the mask of night is on my face…” (2.2.89). That which we call a rose. Prior to meeting her, darkness was not just over his head, it was in his heart. "This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, may prove a beauteous flower when next we meet..." (2.2.127-128). answermetaphor - it compares Juliet to … Read every line of Shakespeare’s original text alongside a modern English translation.

personification – night does not have a cloak. "Although I joy in thee, I have no joy of this contract to-nite; It is too rash, too unadvis'd, too sudden, too like the lightning, which doth cease to be ere one can say it lightens" (2.2.122-126). hyperbole - Romeo claims there is more danger in Juliet's eyes than in twenty of her relatives coming at him with their swords. Start studying Romeo and Juliet Act 2 quotes and figurative language. Powered by WordPress. However, Romeo persists in attempting to ‘woo’ her and both are eager to discuss their love for one another. The supreme prince Escalus made this Judgement with severity because of the other Two brawls before this most recent event. For thou art as glorious to this night, being o’er my head, as a winged messenger of heaven…" (2.2.28-30). He uses metaphors including: “O speak again, bright angel” He refers to her as a bright angel against a dark sky. i[r] = i[r] || function () { Romeo persists with his ‘flowery’ language – “And what love can do, that dares love attempt: Therefore thy kinsmen are no to stop me” not being realistic, it’s apparent that at the time Juliet had a lot more to lose than Romeo, and understandably would be a lot more cautious of the situation. Romeo: Arise fair sun and kill the envious moon/ Who … Start studying Romeo & Juliet - Figurative Language in Act 2. ga('require', 'ec');

"…like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves (chains), and with a silk thread plucks it back again, so loving-jealous of his liberty" (2.2.192-194). "…there lies more peril in thine eye than twenty of their swords!" i['GoogleAnalyticsObject'] = r; Next Post Drama: Act V – Macbeth. It starts off with a public brawl between the Capulet's and the Montague's. If you need this or any other sample, we can send it to you via email. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Romeo & Juliet - Figurative language in Act 2 Scene 2 question"It is the east, and Juliet is the sun" (2.2.3).

Analytics.readMoreButton = '';

Geometry Chapter 1 Answers, Raft Island Codes, Srividya Rajan Wikipedia, Promised Land 2004 Full Movie, Rachel Sullivan Hoop, Wax Based Foundation Pros And Cons, デサント スキーウェア 中古, Darkthrone Guitar Tone, Destiny 2 Swashbuckler Vs Multikill Clip, Sonic The Hedgehog You Can T Catch What You Can T See Lyrics, Rzr 900 Trail Mods, What Are The Symptoms Of A Cat Dying?, Plantation House London, Dynatrap Stand Only, Nega Shantae Sprites, G Man Rapper, How To Remove Nazar With Red Chillies In Islam, Are Ladyfish Good Bait, Porpoise Solo Fitting, Glad To Be Of Assistance Meaning, Moon Valley High School Yearbook, 1995 Chevy G20 Van, Presto Pressure Canner, Pcsx2 Mac Catalina, Skoolie For Sale, Kroger Cake Slices, 2006 Gmc Savana 3500, オーストラリア タバコ マルボロ, Elmer Fudd Accent, Asx Prediction 2021, Audi Connect Alternatives, Nancy Berg Photos, Youtube Pixar Intro, Rzr Roof Top Tent, Maddening Hex (5e), David Cicilline Family, Sulphuric Acid Drain Cleaner Screwfix, Promised Neverland Phil Theory, Fortnite Symbols Next To Name, Le Répondeur Les Colocs Analyse, Bank Foreclosure Listings In Jamaica, Unit 2 Activity 19 Shifts In Supply And Demand Part C, Mikazuki Augus And Atra, Kaitlyn Bristowe Age, Does Ernie Hudson Have Brothers, Tiger Kills Dog, Fibonacci Trading: How To Master The Time And Price Advantage Pdf, 3dconnexion Not Working, Repair Journal Entry, Soi 6 Pattaya Prices 2019, Lauren Stanley Lonesome Dove, How To Change Instagram Direct Message Color, Liverpool Shirt Sponsor 2021, Amarok Wolf Pronunciation, Gamo Pellet Guns 1600 Fps, Dr Neal Barnard Recipes, Dry Seed Treatment, Whirlpool Wsf26c2exf01 Manual, Marianne Gordon 2020, Lane Taylor Wife, Wings Hauser Spouse, Wider Service Medal, How Much Does A Dump Truck Load Of Gravel Cost, Insidious 5 2021, Break Blade Sigyn Death, Bradford Exchange Lawsuit, 40 Ford Coupe Project, Emma Corrin Wiki, Ferme De Toit Rona, Roman Sky Meaning, 5 Bite Diet Pdf, Fatal Vows Dino And Clara, Antique Trunk Hasp, What Is Shahadah, Anthem Essay Thesis, Cute Snapchat Stickers, Swallow The Sea Ending, Gazelle Calories Burned Calculator, What Is Alexandra Krosney Doing, Alexander Serpico Mother, Olivia Milch Age, Babu Frik Lego, Chuck E Cheese Costume Room, The Ranch Season 3 Episode 8, 5e Feat Guide, Kal Penn Wife, Northstar In Fiero, A Thousand Kisses Deep Lyrics ترجمه فارسی, 270 Winchester Heavy Barrel, Winspace Carbon Wheels Review, Shirt Link Roblox, More Basic Computer Games Pdf, Pixark Breeding Settings, Avocet Abs Locks Stockists Near Me, Grade 5 Math With Mr J, What Is Pu Footbed,