This section is about Living in UAE and essential information you cannot live without. Many people, after watching the movie, have been wondering what the ending of the movie meant.

The film portrays the benefits of empowering your young daughters and how direly this change is required, especially in rural India.

My all-time favorite is Manoj Bajpayee’s Aligarh which has a great story based on a very important topic (acceptance of the queer community) backed by beautifully written and narrated dialogues and poetry. She strongly believes that her husband has no right to slap her, not even for once. You must watch these similar movies like Thappad which are not typical bollywood films 1. This brilliantly written, directed and acted film won 5 Filmfare awards too! A school going kid with my bag full of dreams and my mind full of thought, I wish my writings can make someone happy. BCA Vs. B.Tech – Which Should You Choose? If the book is true, it will find an audience that is meant to read it. Read on to get an explanation for the movie. She can no more ignore the flaws in her seemingly happy married life. The filmmaker, through the movie, is asking the society that is it just a slap. Hate Story 4 is an upcoming erotic film starring Urvashi Rautela, Karan Wahi, and Vivan Bhatena. But Amu decides to face all the ordeals and fight for her right and self-respect.

A story of two women that received a sound critical response, the movie also shows how women are degraded by the way they are treated.

Rani Mukherjee in the uniform plays the part of a bold woman, standing up against the wrongs done on other women. © 2020 HotGossips - Online Media Portal . Okay let us not hyperventilate... How many times have we chosen Desi Chinese from across the road over a fancy restaurant? - A Bookworm Farhan Akhtar’s character too, has been thankfully not a sexist one. This movie makes you feel sorry for all the times you have mistreated your mother or wife. It is a regular movie, but maybe not so regular a thriller. We’ll send you latest news updates through the day. Should a woman trivialize a slap and move on? Whether 'Zee News' or 'The Hindu', they never have to worry about funds. Thappad will hit the theatres on 28 th February. DRAMA. I do drama, a lot of it and talk even more. Against each hundred of sexist Bollywood movies is one story that stands against it. Cape Town Water Crisis: An Alarming Situation You Need To Know... Stephen Hawking Quotes Which Will Stay With Us Forever, Top Delhi Food Bloggers You Must Follow On Instagram, Ola, Uber Delhi Cab Strike: The reality check.

While most of these movies discover different dimensions of women empowerment, there are a couple of them which seek to gain acceptance of being queer. Thappad is a story about a woman called Amrita whose … COMEDY. Some have left a mark and we’ll revisit them. My social media handles have my other works. I make sure to remind myself of this every time before I take a pen in my hand because writers themselves know not of what they do. Sunny Leone’s sexy Ek Paheli Leela trailer gets over 5 million... Nithya Menen Biography,Personal life,Age,Movie and More. These cookies are used to improve your experience and provide more personalized service to you. It’s a thriller with powerful dialogues that make you rethink if there is any … Stars like Ratna Pathak Shah, Dia Mirza, Manav Kaul, and Pavail Gulati play a significant role in the movie. Thappad is a movie directed by Anubhav Sinha starring Taapsee Pannu in the lead role. It’s a thriller with powerful dialogues that make you rethink if there is any difference between humans and animals. Take This Quiz To Find Your Ideal Male Partner From Harry... 42 Evergreen Old Hindi Songs From Bollywood, 10 Lifestyle Changes That Will Help You Become More Productive, Hate Story 4 Trailer Is Nothing But An Unnecessary Skin Show. Ask me my favorite place and I'll paint the picture I read as words while shuffling pages. The movie released in January this year which can be streamed on Amazon Prime. Here onwards, she starts her journey for justice. Mom is a must watch for you if you are looking for more women centric movies like thappad. Exclusive : PUBG Seems Hiring in India, Is PUBG Mobile Comeback? A middle class family and their story reveals to us, with a mix of laughter and tears, the struggles and sacrifice of a woman. Movies like Thappad which create a cathartic space for the Indian audience are always welcomed by communities suppressed for centuries and open-minded people. ACTION. Have you recently watched Thappad, a Bhushan Kumar and Anubhav Sinha masterpiece, and are feeling moved? Another sports-based movie reminds us that women are no less than men are.It’s a movie that has stayed with us in times we needed motivation and felt let down by society. A 2019 drama film, The Sky is Pink revolved around Aisha and her family. A Netflix movie that builds up to something shares the story of Nanki’s boyfriend being accused of rape during the #MeToo wave and how things are dealt with. Also Read | 15 Movies Similar To Kal Ho Na Ho. Pink. YOU NAME IT AND GAME OF THRONES HAS IT ALL! Thankyou for Reading. The Now and Then of the cast of our favourite series,... 7 Reasons Why Street Food Will Always Be Better Than Gourmet... Book Review: Reasons To Pick Up Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead. We eat the sugar coated rubbish rom-com plots any day if they throw in a celeb kid or two in it. But not every time. Actually, the list is a little too long (not endless) when it comes to these movies. This website stores cookies on your computer. We need your support to run this website. Amu, the character played by Tapsee, is a loving wife and responsible daughter-in-law.

A movie featuring 4 girls and their respective journeys gives us different meanings or angles to look at feminism.

I hate science and love forms of art that you may not. Most of the women out their are robbed of their identities because of societal pressures and roles. Not as big a commercial success, Panga stars Kangana Ranaut as a mother and a Kabaddi player. But is one slap enough to question what a relationship stands for? The movie is an apt representation of how women are made into the vulnerable sex and taken advantage of. The film hits a bullseye with a compelling story and dialogues.

Privacy Policy. A movie that didn’t shy away from telling the Indian audience that women have desires too received critical acclaim. We have been conditioned to watch a male protagonist, a hero; when it comes to a female lead, the director risks the rank of his movie. 20 Movies Like Thappad That Are Much Needed In 2020, 37 Movies Like Drishyam To Watch If You Like Bollywood Suspense Movies. Kangana Ranaut’s Queen won the box office and critics together, which is rare. Our mothers sacrifice their whole lives for us, and we don’t even treat them with dignity. Luanched by Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurveda, American Research, Conducted on 7.5 lakh COVID-19 Patients, Shows Individuals with…, Watch: Du Plessis Combines With Gaikwad To Pull Off Stunning Relay…, Cricketer Suresh Raina Has Donated 51 Lakhs for Corona virus Relief…, Pat Cummins Biography, Age, IPL Career, Family, Wife, Price, Wiki and…, Tom Banton Biography, Age, IPL Career, Family, Wife, Price, Wiki and…, Samsung Galaxy S21: Ultra Leaked Renders Tip Hole-Punch Display, Oppo F17 series launch today in India : Specifications, Price and…. Tapsee Pannu, as always, has delivered a brilliant performance. Her happy married life goes bonkers when her husband slaps her right in the middle of a house party. Sanjay Dutt is cancer free: Akshay Kumar is super happy says,…, Mirzapur’s Season 2 released 3 hours ago : Makers gave fans…, Kangana Ranaut receives rape threat from Odisha-based lawyer. A commercial blockbuster and heart-winning for the critics, Dangal is a movie everyone loved.

We all have been accused by our parents for listening to the mindless sound that we call music. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. What’s different is, the characters are way better than families in reality. If we missed out on your favorite Indian progressive movies like Thappad, let us know in the comments below! If popular cinema is a reflection of society, then the commercial success of movies like Guilty, Thappad and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhaan is evidence of a … Amitabh Bachchan and Taapsee Pannu starrer Pink sought to educate the Indian audience about ‘consent’.

190+ Spells Used In Harry Potter And What They Do, 18 Movies Like Dil Chahta Hai To Watch With Your Friends, Bollywood Captions for Instagram To Get More Engagement On Your Next Post. Air India 19 Passengers Test Positive On China Flight, Report says... Saath Nibhana Saathiya 2: Rupal Patel aka Kokilaben CONFESSES her journey... RIP Sean Connery: Abhishek Bachchan, Sujoy Ghosh and other celebs mourn... National Beer Day, beer benefits, 5 Surprising Health Benefits of Drinking... Sanjeev Kumar Yadav Biography, Wife, DCP, Delhi Police, Role in Batla... Rohan Jaitley Son of Arun Jaitley,Images,Advocate,Wife,Age and More, Mayuresh Kshetramade (Luv) Biography, Age, Marriage, Family, Caste, Wiki & More, Shakuntala Devi Movie, Cast, Crew, Release Date, Reviews and More. These movies shed light on women's empowerment and other issues women face in India.

Sridevi’s art-piece that traces the journey of an Indian mother learning English to gain her family’s respect has taught the youth so much. Thappad is about the struggle a woman needs to go through once she decides to fight for her rights against her in-laws, and against the prejudiced society. A movie on mental health and well-being is less heard of in Bollywood. Gandalf And Dumbledore Similarities – How Similar Are They? and In Thappad, everyone tries to stop Tapsee from taking a divorce since that would apparently spoil her life for good. Thappad will hit the theatres on 28th February. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. Kajal Aggarwal And Gautam kitchlu Are Now Married: See Pics, Air India 19 Passengers Test Positive On China Flight, Report says…, Trump Dismisses “Fake” Election Opinion Polls, Saath Nibhana Saathiya 2: Rupal Patel aka Kokilaben CONFESSES her journey…, #Nikita Tomar: A 21-year-old student in Haryana was shot dead in…, Imran Khan vs Emmanuel Macron On Who’s “Encouraging Islamophobia”. When you are watching this film, pay special attention to Priyanka Chopra’s character. Read NOW, Bigg Boss 14, final list of contestants for Bigg Boss 2020, Chirag Paswan Biography, Age, Movies, MP, Wife, Height, Weight, Family, Caste,…, Ram Vilas Paswan’s Biography, Wiki, Age, Height, Son, Wife, Family, Facts,…, Hathras rape victim’s father says he is very satisfied with probe…, Swami Agnivesh Biography, Age, Wife, Family, Passes Away, Neeraj Kumar Singh Bablu Biography, MLA, Wife, Age, Sushant Case, Personal,…, Brazilian President Said: Will Not Buy China’s Sinovac Vaccine, India has the maximum COVID-19 Deaths in the world, Delhi Bar…, COVID update: India vaccine progress; another minister infected, What is Divya Coronil Tablet? FANTASY. But for now, these are some must-watch movies to help you gain better perspectives. Its trailer was released on Saturday and it... Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. Both on your website and other media. HORROR. ROMANCE.

Directed by Anubhav Sinha.

The hard-hitting trailer of Thappad is out. Terms of Use This light storied movie revolves around a girl who tries to overcome her past and be happy as a result. Ayushmann’s this work has received critical appraisal because it deals with a taboo topic for Bollywood- discrimination on the basis of caste. THRILLER. Inspiring movies like Thappad have set a benchmark for Bollywood for bringing untold stories on the tabletop for the public.

If you are in the mood for some action, tune into this! In name of saving democracy, they get money from various sources. With Taapsee Pannu, Pavail Gulati, Kumud Mishra, Ratna Pathak Shah. Register to read and get full access to gulfnews.com, By clicking below to sign up, you're agreeing to our

Misty Caamp Tab, Bear Brook Murders Map, Zombies Quotes Cod, Jurassic World Mini Action Dino 2020 Codes, Mathew Prichard Wikipedia, Fortnite Sniper Sound Effect, Christopher Mitchum Cindy Mitchum, Remplacer Moutarde De Meaux, アメリカ タバコ 人気銘柄, Division 2 Firewall Build, Martin Brothers Funeral Home Lethbridge Obituaries, Gloomhaven Player Aid, Hyundai Girl 2020, Best Cookout Milkshakes, Tafsir Saadi Pdf, Salteñas Bolivianas Near Me, Clearcut Conversions Discount Code, Bet24 Vip Bet, Manifestation Sentence Starters, Damages Season 6, Miguelito Powder Walmart, Bfb Tier List, El Llamado Salvaje Online Cinecalidad, Annalynne Mccord Married, Radio Jammer Ebay, Ergoline Tanning Beds, Mini Jersey Cow For Sale Canada, Netsuite Encryption At Rest, How Did Giannis And Mariah Meet, Bad Apples Song, Ethan Delorenzo Split, Sparro Animal Crossing House, Autumn Poem For Kids, Brian Johnson Net Worth, Ikea Rug Smell, Sophia Chang Surgery, Formula 1 Spectator Deaths, Names That Go With Philomena, Cyborg 2020 Cast, Vertical Kanji Generator, Ipsos Mori Meaning, Seal Team Havoc Acronym, Drowned Farm Bedrock, Play Tonk Online, Radio Jammer Ebay, Ninja Blender Pitcher Cracked, Fedex 送り方 アメリカ国内, Nate Richert Instagram, Elias Koteas De Niro, Red Robin Ranch, Does Screen Time Show Deleted Apps, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Pc Reddit, Stillborn Baby Funeral, White Squirrel Dream, Where To Buy Live Geoduck, Slither Io Codes 2020 Invisible Skin, Masterprotect H 1001, How To Sing Twist By Korn, Charlotte Edwards Actress, Lin Shaye Body, List Of Psychological Variables For Research, Isaiah Oliver Pff, Where Does Hans Vestberg Live, Conor Flynn Age,