O Purest of creatures, sweet Mother, sweet maid, The one spotless womb wherein Jesus was laid! St. Paul once wrote that when he was weak he was strong. Gregorian Chant at the Werner Icking Music Archive, The Hymns of the Breviary and Missal by Fr. Rev. The hymn Ave Maris Stella (Hail Star of the Sea) printed below in English is a wonderful tribute, both in prayer and song, to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Perhaps the original author was thinking of that wonderful reference to our Lord in St. John’s Gospel, which is also echoed in the Angelus, in which the Evangelist states that “the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” (John 1:14).

There is a nice play on the words Ave and Eva in the second paragraph (“Ave” meaning “Hail”, and “Eva”, meaning “Eve”, in Latin). Through the highest heavenTo the Almighty Three,Father, Son and Spirit,One same glory be. Verse 2 . These selections provide moving food for thought! Many people sing it to the tune of the Lourdes Hymn, but all hymnbooks set it to the German tune from the Paderborn Gesangbuch. None ever had owned thee, dear Mother, but He, Written by the oratorian priest, Fr Frederick Faber. O fairest of virgins, sweet Mother, sweet Maid, The God in His goodness with beauty arrayed. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Rev. Keep our life all spotless,Make our way secure,Till we find in Jesus,Joy forevermore. And the banners of darkness are boldly unfurled; and the tempest-tossed Church, all her eyes are on thee. And God found a home where the sinner finds rest; Riding the storms of the sea Seven days Seven nights And look to thy shining, bright Star of the Sea. Dark night hath come down on us, Mother! O fairest of virgins, sweet Mother, sweet Maid,The God in His goodness with beauty arrayed.He lovingly chose thee His mother to be;He shone in thy shining, bright Star of the Sea. We definitely recommend Montfort’s approach as a great way to increase in holiness!

II O gentle, chaste, and spotless maid, We sinners make our prayers through thee; Remind thy son that he has paid The price of our iniquity. Now more than ever we need God's grace, for our good and His glory! 4 Earth gave Him one lodging; ’twas deep in thy breast, And the banners of darkness are boldly unfurled; It is also called the Liturgy of the Hours. Ad revenue helps keep us running. sweet Mother, sweet Maid; These Online Lyrics to Christian Hymns and songs including religious words suitable for all occasions. Hymn of the week (1920), p.139, It looks like you are using an ad-blocker. 3 He gazed on thy soul, it was spotless and fair; Besek him with milde mod, That for ous alle sad his blod In cruce, That we moten comen till him In luce ENGLISH TRANSLATION Fairest and brightest of them all Even the star of the sea Brighter even than daylight Mother and daughter both I call to you - to smile upon me Mistress, implore of your son for me In humble penitence That I might come to you Mary Lady, flower of creation Rose without thorns You … Singers' ed., Melody ed.

Reflections on the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Burning With Love! Lilypond source and midi file: OPurestSource Prayers to the Holy Spirit can help you focus on our Lord and our Faith for much needed grace in these troubled times. Note, there are no “Ave”s in this one. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); O purest of creatures, sweet Mother, sweet Maid,The one spotless womb wherein Jesus was laid,All lost in the darkness we call upon thee,And look to thy shining, bright Star of the Sea. ( Log Out /  Display Title: Mary, star of the sea First Line: When evening shades are falling Date: 1871 The Catholic Youth's Hymn Book #71 The Choral Sodality Hand Book, Containing Hymns, Canticles and Litanies #d41 The one spotless womb wherein Jesus was laid.

Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. 21st ed. O fairest of virgins, sweet Mother, sweet Maid, I've crossed all the seas Darling the waves to get you close to me While the stars show the way The hours betray Saltwater drying my face I challenge the sun While the moon lights your face for eternity Challenge the storm Here I am miles away navigating stars (in my dreams) Full sails ahead! Hail, bright star of ocean, God's own Mother blest,Ever sinless Virgin,Gate of heavenly rest. Prayers to the Sorrowful Mother: to Honor and Console Our Lady, A Rosary Meditation on the Assumption of Mary, Devotion to the Precious Blood of Jesus: For Reparation and Salvation. O gentle, chaste, and spotless Maid, We sinners make our prayers thro' thee. He was won by thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea. He lovingly chose thee His mother to be; He shone in thy shining, bright Star of the Sea. It was a particular favorite of those chanting it as part of the Divine Office (the Liturgy of the Hours) in the Middle Ages. Hail, Queen of Heav'n, the ocean Star, ⁠ Guide of the wand'rer here below! With all the turbulence around us, now's the time to stand up for the peace of Christ! Virgin most pure, star of the sea, Pray for us sinner, pray for me. O purest of creatures! Sweet Sacrament of peace, dear home of every heart, where restless yearnings cease, and sorrows all depart. Ad revenue helps keep us running. Display Title: The star of the sea First Line: O purest of creatures, sweet mother, sweet maid Author: Frederick W. Faber Date: 1890 The Hymn Book of the New … Frederick William Faber, 1814–63 Frederick William Faber, 1814–63, Here are my files – I’ve only typed up the soprano and bass lines for playing on the organ because I don’t do my regular practice. (The original Latin text can be found here.) Lyrics: Hail, Queen of heaven, the ocean star, Guide of the wanderer here below, Thrown on life's surge, we claim thy care, Save us from peril and from woe. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Lyrics and words to O purest of creatures a Catholic hymn and song. That thou gavest thy God in thy virginal breast; Music ⁠ Mother of Christ, Star of the sea, ⁠ Pray for the wanderer, pray for me O gentle, chaste, and spotless Maid, ⁠ We sinners make our prayers through thee Remind thy Son that He has paid ⁠ The price of our iniquity. With iconoclasm on the rise, this is a crucial time to reinvigorate our faith! Return from Ave Maris Stella to Marian Prayers, CHECK OUT THESE CATHOLIC VOTER'S RESOURCES HERE AND HERE. Firmly I Believe, Veronica Brandt

Pisces Horoscope Love, Could You Please Confirm If The Payment Has Been Made, Ngb Army Mil, Flawless Hair Removal Disadvantages, Bill Doss Cause Of Death Reddit, Childhood Computer Games 2000s, California Bound Meaning, Moe Csgo Height, Liquid Barn Base, John Rappaport Covid, Moving Super Heavy Stones, Aardwolf Mud Plugins, Salmon Fish In Telugu, Golden Ratio Face App, Gifted Hands Full Movie Youtube, Astrologykrs Birth Chart Calculator, Mitsubishi Outlander Reliability Forum, Dubai Marathon 2021, Andreas Lubitz Incel, Is Andrew Stewart Still Alive, Sherine Amara Age, Leaf Insects For Sale Uk, Mig 105 Welder, Adam Frost Net Worth, Rachel Ward Net Worth, The Uses And Limits Of International Law Hoffman, Interinsurance Exchange Of The Automobile Club Santa Ana, Ca Phone Number, Kelly Gregg Net Worth, Structural Engineering Practice Exam Pdf, Tiger Stripe Pitbull, Mitrice Richardson Kamala Harris, Birdman Cars 2019, Love Island Season 2 Adam Instagram, Canciones De Dyango, Zack Sanchez Calexico, Pearson Education Answer Key Math, Teacup Maine Coon, Madden 19 Uniforms, Amirah Vann Married, Tati Gabrielle Boyfriend, Flight 2862 Crash 2005, Akbash Pyrenees Mix, How To Do Dubbing Effect On Tiktok, 5e Troglodyte Shaman, Steph Duvall Bio, Signs God Is Working On Your Marriage, Is Unity Mod Manager Safe, Chi Delta Phi Bowdoin,