Seems like your pronunciation of Paraparaumu is not correct. This is exciting! You can try again. Crowdsourced audio pronunciation dictionary for 89 languages, with meanings, synonyms, sentence usages, translations and much more. * Wayne McIndoe - Field Hockey Player* Andrew Niccol - Film Director* Christian Cullen - All Black* Stephen Kearney - Rugby League Player* John Henwood - Professional Runner, 2004 Olympian, * Peter Jackson at Kapiti College - Film Director. [http://www.teara.govt.nz/Places/Wellington/WellingtonPlaces/15/en] ] It is commonly abbreviated to "Para-Param", particularly by longer-term residents of European ethnicity, and simply "Pram" by local youth. You have earned {{app.voicePoint}} points. Subscribe to learn and pronounce a new word each day! It's like Whanau (Fah-no) or Taupo (Toe-paw). However, according to Wikipedia, the pronunciation is actually just slightly different from what you wrote: The ˈ mark is before the stressed syllable.The a sound is like in the Spanish word casa or cupThe ɔ is like the vowel sound in the word forThe ʉ is like the short vowel sound in took (but not the similar, longer sound in dude), So to write it out, it's more like Pa-ra-pa-Ra-ow-moo (note that the both of the Ra-ow sounds are made), I.e.

Paraparaumu (typically pronounced "Para-para-oo-moo", although the correct pronunciation is "Para-pa-raow-moo" [In Maori vowels are run together, even when they are brought together by the creation of compound words.

See for example [http://www.maorilanguage.info/mao_phon_desc1.html] ] ) is a town in the south-western North Island of New Zealand. Rate the pronunciation difficulty of Paraparaumu, {{collections.count?collections.count:0}}, Name already exists! Press J to jump to the feed. NZR EM class electric multiple units operate the commuter trains. I grew up there, what a shit hole. I moved to Paraparaumu Beach in January, and I'm from Canada so the Māori pronunciations already trip me up. Keep up. Try choosing a different name, Sorry! You can contribute this audio pronunciation of Paraparaumu to HowToPronounce dictionary. Unfortunately, this browser does not support voice recording. You have reached the maximum limit. See also: Parts per notation Kapiti Coast Airport Aerial view of Kapiti Coast Airport looking towards Paraparaumu Beach IATA: PPQ – ICAO: NZPP …   Wikipedia, Liste der Eisenbahnstationen von Wellington — Diese Übersicht beinhaltet alle Bahnhöfe in Wellington, die für den Personenverkehr genutzt werden. [Kapiti Coast Distinct Council, Community Profile [http://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/NR/rdonlyres/FEF38C62-2C46-47BA-929E-0E2207B08F91/39376/KapitiCoastCOMMUNITYPROFILE2006.pdf] ] Inland behind Paraparaumu is the Maungakotukutuku area. Alle Empfangsgebäude außer Petone, Waterloo und Wellington sind im Besitz der Tranz Metro, ein Geschäftsbereich der Toll Rail; Petone und Waterloo …   Deutsch Wikipedia, List of schools in the Wellington Region — Wellington is a region in the North Island of New Zealand containing the capital city, Wellington. the second one (got to take in the kiwi accent when reading the way the OP wrote it.) All Rights Reserved, {{app['fromLang']['value']}} -> {{app['toLang']['value']}}, Pronunciation of Paraparaumu with 2 audio pronunciations, Audio Pronunciation removed from collection, International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) and Phonetic spelling. You've got the pronunciation of Paraparaumu right. Please Paraparaumu is located on the North Island Main Trunk Railway. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The two towns form part of the Kapiti Coast District. If you say them quickly together you start to get an idea of how that double vowel should be pronounced. OK, Cities with a population over 1000 database, Comfort Inn Elliotts Paraparaumu Auckland (Auckland), Liste der Eisenbahnstationen von Wellington.

I'd never thought of the train thing, though I think it became privately owned in the 90's (correct me if I'm wrong) either way they should have done their research, thanks for that. It contains a few small rural primary schools, some small town primary and secondary schools, and a large number of city schools. Paraparaumu is home to the Kapiti Coast's largest secondary school, Paraparaumu College, with Kapiti College residing in nearby Raumati Beach and Otaki College in Otaki. Some even scream PC gone mad when encouraged to use the correct pronunciation. Beyond Paraparaumu, Tranz Scenic operates two diesel-hauled long distance services: the Capital Connection between Palmerston North and Wellington, and the Overlander between Auckland and Wellington. For some reason my family calls it Para-pram i have no idea why.

or pronounce in different accent or variation ? Paraparaumu means "scraps from an earth oven" in Māori. Seems like your pronunciation of Paraparaumu is not correct.
Welcome to Wellington, New Zealand! Or 'pram if you really can't be bothered. This electrified portion between Wellington Railway Station and Paraparaumu Station is labelled the Paraparaumu Line, and proposals exist to extend the electrification and commuter services to Lindale and Waikanae. Is the correct pronunciation Para-para-umu or Para-pa-row-moo? Paraparaumu Airport is a popular recreational airfield and hosts the Kapiti Aero Club. The second one you have listed follows the above. Original audio Your audio Congrats, you have earned {{app.voicePoint}} points Your audio Try again Examples of in a sentence. The four towns between them have a population of over 25,000 people. Congrats! [Chris Maclean, "Wellington Places -- Kapiti Coast", Te Ara. Paraparaumu. You can try again. Kāpiti the place name and kapiti the word, both are correct. Together with the nearby Raumati Beach and Raumati South they are among the fastest-growing urban areas in New Zealand, and are major dormitory towns with workers commuting to the cities that make up the Wellington urban area. It's not just your family, another one is "pram". You say Taupo correctly!!! You can try again. Congrats! If you seperate out the vowels, in this instance the A and the U, you would say "ah" and "oo". It falls under the jurisdiction of the… …   Wikipedia, We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. It is the northern terminus of the electrified Wellington commuter railway network operated by Tranz Metro under the Metlink brand. or post as a guest. paraparaumu pronunciation - How to properly say paraparaumu. Paraparaumu (typically pronounced "Para-para-oo-moo", although the correct pronunciation is "Para-pa-raow-moo" [In Maori vowels are run together, even when they are brought together by the creation of compound words. Log in or The rolls given… …   Wikipedia, Kapiti Coast — The Kapiti Coast (formerly known as The Golden Coast ) is the name of the section of the coast of the south western North Island of New Zealand that is north of Wellington and opposite Kapiti Island. Both trains stop at Paraparaumu. Paraparaumu was formerly represented in soccer by Paraparaumu United.

Listen to the audio pronunciation in several English accents. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this. Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori (The Māori Language Commission) advocates for the accurate and appropriate use of te reo Māori. Seems like your pronunciation of Kapiti is not correct. I've heard both of the options that you mentioned, although it seems that pākehās are more likely to say "para-para-oo-moo." Whether you're living here, moving here or are just curious, feel free to browse around and ask questions. I think waikanae and raumati are okay, but paraparaumu is a shitstain on an otherwise quite pleasant bit of country. We recommend you to try Safari. Unfortunately, this device does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording. And to them it probably is, but to me it’s more than that. 5 years ago. No one believes me when I try to correct them... (To be fair, I don't pronounce Otaki correctly though). This has been driving me nuts for ages. Register

The area overlooks Kapiti Island.Where once Paraparaumu Beach had a reputation solely as a holiday location and tourist destination, it is now… …   Wikipedia, Paraparaumu Airport — Infobox Airport name = Paraparaumu Airport nativename = nativename a = nativename r = image width = caption = IATA = PPQ ICAO = NZPP type = Unattended, Non Certificated Aerodrome owner = operator = city served = location = Paraparaumu elevation f …   Wikipedia, Paraparaumu Line — Infobox rail line name = Paraparaumu Line color = 33CC00 logo width = image width = caption = type = commuter rail system = Metlink status = Open, passenger and freight locale = Hutt Valley, New Zealand start = Wellington end = Upper Hutt… …   Wikipedia, Comfort Inn Elliotts Paraparaumu Auckland (Auckland) — Comfort Inn Elliotts Paraparaumu Auckland country: New Zealand, city: Auckland (Amohia St) Comfort Inn Elliotts Paraparaumu Auckland The Comfort Inn Elliotts Paraparaumu is situated within a 5 kilometre radius of major attractions including… …   International hotels, Kapiti Coast Airport — PPQ redirects here. It lies in the Kapiti Coast, 50 kilometres north of the nation's capital city, Wellington.

Neilia Biden Funeral, Whirlpool Wrt318fzdm01 Manual, Rever De Renverser Un Verre D'eau, Being Mick Watch Online, Is Blacklist Cancelled For 2020, Héritage En Islam Calcul, Birddogs Net Worth 2020, Jack Haig Dad's Army, Biblical Meaning Of February, Tye Tribbett Net Worth, Horse Liniment At Cvs, Wolf Blitzer Wife, Fallen Firefighter Symbol, Nike Downshifter 9 Vs Revolution 5, 28th Birthday Quotes For Myself, Fitech Fuel Injection Idle, Rng Dance Crew, Clump Red Maple, How Do You Level An Intex Pool On Concrete, Rapha Quake Reddit, The Villages, Florida Lockdown, Saved By The Barn, Alpha Gamma Omega Reputation, Strahd Von Zarovich Stats, Kelly Clarkson Show Band Members 2020, Danny Cipriani Family, Lugares Fuertes En La Biblia, Jack Russells Pups For Sale Northeast, Natalia Barulich Speaking Croatian, Wvlt Tv Schedule, La Virgen De Santa Marta Que Milagros Hace, Jack Haig Dad's Army, Sam Kuffel Height, Sophia Chang Surgery, God's Gonna Cut You Down Jack Irish, Modjo Lady Actors, Immerse Education Essay Competition Winners, San Antonio Craigslist Cars Trucks By Owner, Auto Drive Digital Clock Instructions, Quiproquo 7 Lettres, Bratz Diamondz Ps2, Pioneer Uk Dj, Vortex Keyboard Software, Greek Last Names, Imposter Content Examples, Morgan Hurd Net Worth, Labyrinthite Et Diarrhée, Guadalupe Significado De Cada Letra, Greta Lee Instagram, Nayla Name Meaning, Dceased Read Online, Drew Lachey Wife Pics, Jo Silvagni Net Worth, Craig Morton Muscle, Que Significa Briznas Diccionario, Witch Hazel For Strawberry Legs, Shroud Valorant Crosshair Settings, Reputable Hamster Breeders, 半沢直樹 1話 パンドラ,