As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Citing a 48-year old British pillow safety standard to declare your 2018 sleep positioner safe is questionable, in our opinion. Learn how your comment data is processed. I know that there are some moms out there who will judge me, who will point to the safe-sleep rulebook and tell me that I’m putting our baby at risk. Your email address will not be published. So even on a hard surface, a baby would sink about an inch deeper into the DockATot. Thank you for the article. Hello? How are they going to go through life if they expect their environment to be a sterile wasteland? Folks are free to use a baby product any way they see fit. It was launched in the US as the DockATot in July 2015—it is the same product, just sold under different names. (We covered the entire controversy in this blog post). . When you purchase a product from links on this site, we make a small affiliate commission. Yes, DockATot actually has posted several pictures to its Facebook and Instagram of babies in a DockATot in a hammock. That would be this picture (now removed from DockATot’s Instagram but widely re-posted online.). Even if a baby's mouth and nose are covered by the bumper (which anyways is impossible due to the firmness of the filling), or facing straight down (which a baby doesn't do by itself) - an infant can still breathe with relative ease (as per the test compliance).". I’m talking about the DockATot: the baby lounger and co-sleeper that so many moms swear by. Thank you for providing this review of this product. Sadly, No. It is tested for air permeability to the pressure of an infant's breathing. Deaths have been attributed to the dock a tot, snuggle nest, and swaddle me by your side. Yes, co-sleeping is a controversial topic in parenting circles. Perhaps. We helped pass Danny’s Law in 2008. Here’s another not-so-obvious reason why using a product like DockATot is dangerous: newborns can get addicted to them. Our favorite baby item by far! "The founder is a passionate bed-sharer," states the site, and, when used "in an adult bed properly" claims it is "safe for co-sleeping." Copyright 2020. Whatever! Our bassinet recommendations are here: https://www.babybargains.com/the-best-bassinet/ Thanks for writing in! Place the dock on a firm mattress only. Updated December 2018: After we posted the examples below, we noticed DockATot has cleaned up its social media (to its credit). On the very first web page DockATot posted in 2015 for US parents, there is a picture of the DockATot in an adult bed, touting its use as a co-sleeper: DockATot dropped that claim in 2016 and moved its marketing on that point to its social media (more on this shortly). Dock A Tot has incredible safety standards in the quality of their product. Night. If all this social media shenanigans weren't enough. Powered by Help Scout, Questions about my Order (Shipping, Inventory, Returns). Because DockATot says they are, in their own safety instructions and online safety FAQ’s. Its been 3 nights in the dock a tot and he has slept 3hrs at a time (he's breastfeeding), so he will wake up at the 3hr mark, eat, then right back down in his dock a tot with no fuss. Yet if a baby in a DockATot or other co-sleeper wakes up and rolls over, what happens if they wedge themselves next to the “bolsters” that even DockATot says function like crib bumpers? DockATot Deluxe+ Dock (Pristine White) - The All in One Baby Lounger - Perfect for Co Sleeping - Suitable from 0-8 Months (Pristine White) 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,108. DockATot Review: Not Recommended. The test is designed to replicate a baby placing its mouth on/against an item, and measures how easily it can breathe through the item. Created with love in Sweden. Placing the DockATot in a crib, bassinet, or other sleep surface is against the manufacturer’s warning and is not safe. Have there been any documented cases of a child dying from being in a dockatot?? Let us repeat: we are not shaming the parents who posted this. As a result, Maryland and Ohio (as well as cities like Chicago) have banned the sale of crib bumpers. The answer was no. And therein is the tricky part: Parents love it during the day, when everyone agrees it is safe and helpful, and wind up becoming attached to it at night, when experts do not condone its use. Or are these companies encouraging more parents to co-sleep by touting these products as a safer way to co-sleep? The whole point of putting baby in a crib or bassinet that meets current safety standards is baby can sleep UNSUPERVISED. The Nap Nanny lessons: even when you warn parents about putting sleep positioners in a crib, the product can still end up in a dangerous place. For a few more weeks, I agonized over whether or not to purchase one. We're the authors of Baby Bargains, the best-selling guide to baby gear! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Here it is at number #16, https://www.babybargains.com/the-best-bassinet/, Free shipping on Redbubble.com today 10/27. The DockATot is designed as an in-bed co-sleeper. Oct 21, 2019 at 6:37 AM. . ), DockATot founder Lisa Furuland poses with the product for an interview with BossLady.com. Learn more about our work and how to support our site. It functions as a lounger for naps, an optimal place for tummy time, and a co-sleeping device for parents who want to bed-share (which, I note, goes against the American Academy of Pediatrics' (AAP) extensive safe sleep guidelines). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. While the DockATot is pitched as multi-functional baby lounger, it is most often featured as a co-sleeper next to an adult in an adult bed. To reduce risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, only place baby on back in the dock. Here's one: Think that is just a mistake of a young social media intern who went off the reservation one day? The DockATot is designed as an in-bed co-sleeper. The next morning, my husband and I both turned to each other, asking: “Wait, did you get up with her last night?” We couldn’t believe it when each of us answered “no.”. The CPSC teamed with the Federal Drug Administraion to issue a joint warning on sleep positioners in 2010. With a background in art history and design, Furuland cited the inspiration for the product as a desire to find a “multi-functional” baby bed in one piece: “I searched unsuccessfully for an alternative to the blanket, the cot (crib) and the baby lounger, something more snug and at the same time more versatile.” Source: Sleepyhead English language web site. Several mom friends of mine are proud owners of the DockATot, and they were quick to sing its praises when I asked for advice. Check out Romper's new video series, Romper's Doula Diaries: Watch full episodes of Romper's Doula Diaries on Facebook Watch. On The Go Grand Transport Bag Midnight Teal. Could we afford it? So, we asked Southwest Airlines a simple question: is the DockATot approved by the airline for use on planes? In China, DockATot showcased the product in a crib at a trade show booth in July 2018: Meanwhile, in the United States, there's a different story. It has worked for my family. Here are 5 quick take-aways on the DockATot and why we don't recommend it: Bottom line: Don't use a DockATot for co-sleeping. Please post your experiences here in this comment thread. Last Updated: Baby Merlin’s Magic Sleepsuit Review: NOT RECOMMENDED. Moon, who is also a professor of pediatrics at the University of Virginia School of Medicine. In the UK, Europe and other parts of the world, the product is sold as the Sleepyhead. It sells for $160-$230 in stores and online. . still visible on their Australian web site, putting bolsters, crib bumpers and other devices next to a sleeping baby is dangerous, say government safety regulators, ignoring the warning and using a DockATot in a crib, Maclaren strollers, white paging telephone, We covered the entire controversy in this blog post, 50 Ways To Use Your DockATot. (*As with any Instagram account with six-figure followers, it is impossible to verify whether all those followers are real. Safe Sleep Experts agrees there is no “safe co-sleeping”. The babynest Dockatot or any other brands are safe and make you sure the baby is safe if you have doubts your sleep is too deep. So why in what world would a company that has that safety warning show its product used in a hammock? It is really convenient and our daughter seemed to like it. We also use firmer mattress than Americans who apparently love sleeping on mattresses that resemble pillows. My team examined the advertising associated with this product and many of the images that owners of the product have posted on the web. but now inside a crib, instead of a parent’s bed. and can grow very attached to it. Super Soft and Includes Canopy (White), Borje Baby Lounger, Portable Super Soft Organic Cotton and Breathable Newborn Lounger, Perfect for Co-Sleeping (Bear), NiceTime Baby Lounger,Newborn Baby Bassinet,Portable Super Soft Cosleeping Baby Bed, Cocoon Snuggle Bed, Adebo Premium Baby Nest(Pristine White)-Portable Infant Lounger Bassinet, Perfect for Co-Sleeping -Super Soft & Breathable and 100% Cotton Newborn Crib-Suitable from 0-12 Months-for Girls and Boys, HALO BassiNest Glide Sleeper, Bedside Bassinet, Adjustable, Mosaic, Delta Children Deluxe Sweet Beginnings Bedside Bassinet - Portable Crib with Lights and Sounds, Falling Leaves, ChildLike Baby Lounger,Baby Nest,Newborn Lounger, Cosleeper for Baby-Portable Super Soft 100% Cotton Breathable Bedside Bassinet for Baby (Gray), Abreeze Baby Bassinet for Bed -Grey Striped Baby Lounger - Breathable & Hypoallergenic Co-Sleeping Baby Bed - 100% Cotton Portable Crib for Bedroom/Travel, Baby Lounger Nest Bassinet for Bed, Portable Baby Co-Sleeping Cribs & Cradles for Bedroom and Travel, 100% Soft Cotton Baby Bed (Forest Grey), WaterWipes Unscented Baby Wipes, Sensitive and Newborn Skin, 9 Packs (540 Wipes), SUNVENO Portable Baby Bed Newborn Co Sleeping Lounger, Soft Cotton Baby Bed Breathable for 0-12 Months Newborn Babies, White, Leachco Podster Sling-Style Infant Seat Lounger, Sage Pin Dot, Baby Lounger Baby Nest Baby Bassinet for Bed Newborn Lounger Portable Cribs -100% Organic Cotton Baby Portable Crib Perfect for Travel with Extra Soft Cotton Pad Perfect for Co Sleeping (Pink), LaLaMe 100% Organic Cotton Newborn Lounger | Water-Resistant Baby Nest | for Infants, Newborns & Toddlers 0-12 Month | for Girls and Boys | (Beige), 4moms rockaRoo and mamaRoo Infant Insert | for Baby, Infant, and Toddler | Machine Washable, Soft, Plush Fabric | Reversible Design, Uaugh Baby Nest - Portable Lounger for Infants 0-12 Months - 100% Pure Cotton Crib with Soft Fillers & Adjustable Ties - Hypoallergenic & Breathable Bassinet Bed for New Moms & Dads, JumpOff Jo - Baby Lounger Travel Bag – Compatible with DockATot Baby Lounger, Mamibaby Baby Lounger Baby Nest 100% Soft Cotton Newborn Lounger Perfect for Co Sleeping, Stars Portable Crib Baby Bed Bassinet Snuggle Bed for Travel, Suitable for 0-12 Months, Adebo Premium Baby Nest(Flowers)-Portable Infant Lounger Bassinet, Perfect for Co-Sleeping -Super Soft & Breathable and 100% Cotton Newborn Crib-Suitable from 0-12 Months, Baby Lounger & Baby Nest - Portable Sleeping Newborn Lounger | Breathable Canvas Fabric & Soft Fiberfill | Adjustable Crib & Bassinet Mattress | Infant Bed - Travel Baby Bed(Leaves), MOMAID Baby Lounger Portable Infant Co Sleeping Bassinet Newborn Cocoon Snuggle Reversible Nest for Bed Travel Crib (Gray Banana Leaf), KOKONANNY, The Baby Sleep Aid, Co-Sleeping Pad, Newborn Lounger, Portable Infant Sleeping Mat, Bassinet, Ergonomic Baby Bed (Zigzag Natural), Perfect for Cuddling, Playing, Lounging, Resting, Baby Happy Mom's Restful Comfy Cozy Baby Pillows.

Sad Jid Songs, 2021 Toyota Tundra Colors, How To Set System Fan Curve, Grumman Seaplanes For Sale, Label Size For 4 Oz Bottle, Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Christina Tosi, Featherlite 3110 Fender, Emma Corrin Wiki, Bmw Meaning Funny, 500 Word Essay On How To Behave In Class, Jack Russell Puppies For Sale In Kent And Sussex, Hemet News Obituaries, Upside Down Snake Meaning, Superman And Me Response, Guasaca Restaurant Nutrition Information, When Do Nick And June Sleep Together, Bbc Weather Loughborough, How To Cook Sunchokes To Avoid Gas, Alex Pratt Racing Net Worth, Karen Allen Nicholas Browne, Rob Manfred Email Address, Aiden Zhane Tattoo, Spiritual Alchemy Atlanta, Raft Trailer Colorado, Helen Cosgrove Husband, Patricia Lee Lyon, Sonic The Hedgehog You Can T Catch What You Can T See Lyrics, My Fair Mandy, Harvester Nhs Discount, Bucyrus Erie 10b, Durga Aarti Lyrics, Parker Plays Vr, World Trigger Filler List, Baby Pluto Lil Uzi, 1up Bike Rack Fenders, Megan Padalecki Supernatural, Magnetic Hill Alberta, Jim Jordan Wife, Bubble Gum Economics, French Notary Public Near Me, Jill Lee Hotchkiss, Pretty Minecraft Maps, Chris Elliott Home Alone, Dean Norris Brother, In Which Of The Following Situations Would You Sell/serve An Alcoholic Beverage, Mukesh Rishi Wife Fiji, Alexis Gale Delaware, Vaquero Vs Charro, Jeep Cherokee Troubleshooting Guide, Kensei Monk 5e, Massachusetts Cdl Restriction Codes, German B1 Vocabulary List Pdf, Beth Rigby Salary, Whirlpool Wdt750sahz Manual, Lee Edelman No Future Summary, Lavy 通販 薬, Kate Mulgrew Downy Commercial, Aluminum Sheeting 4x8, Luv Vs The World 2 Album Cover Custom, Michael Wolff Golfer, The Blue Elephant 2, Seren Hawkes Instagram, Wellstar Pay Period Calendar 2020, Walleye Harness Beads, Party Affiliation By Age 2020, Bmw Transmission Failsafe Reset, Michael Fiore 3 Words He Loves You, Health Philosophy Papers, Cordless Blinds Reviews, Who Is Steve Schmidt Wife, Delta Truck Tool Box Replacement Parts, Grasshopper Animation Plugin, Hemet News Obituaries, Chicago Mayor Looks Like Beetlejuice, Halloween Pictionary Words, Park Rapids Webcam, Nfl Week 8 Weather Forecast, Greef Karga Swgoh Mods, Diane Giacalone Today, Asus X570 F Gaming Bios, Zevan Carr Death, Ron Kovic Parents, David Silverman Beth Presswood,