The shaping in Hedwig, the colorwork in Luna Lovegood's Spectrespecs Gloves, the magic (sorry) in the Dark Mark Illusion Scarf is such perfection. But, there may be a second book in the future! Sweaters, sweaters, sweaters ("jumpers"), none of which was a costume piece from the film (only one of which is actually from the films). Harry Potter: Knitting Magic is sure to have fans everywhere summoning needles, conjuring yarn, and practicing their best knitting wizardry.

If you'd like to knit Harry Potter stuff find a copy of "Charmed Knits", by Alison Hansel, it's closer to the films, offers alternate Ravenclaw House Colors (Book Bronze or Movie Silver/Grey), and has projects that are recognizable, fairly straight forward, and far more "film accurate". I will go page by page for the rest of my review.

Beautiful book of screen inspired, fun patterns.

The finished projects look professional but still very doable, many for intrepid beginners. The finished projects look professional but still very doable, many for intrepid beginners. 3D Granny Squares: 100 crochet patterns for pop-up granny squares, Crochet Cute Critters: 26 Easy Amigurumi Patterns, Edward's Menagerie: Over 40 soft and snuggly toy animal crochet patterns, Knitter's Pride Rainbow Knit Blockers-Package of 20, Unicorns, Dragons and More Fantasy Amigurumi: Bring 14 Magical Characters to Life!

I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan but I've seen several (disappointing) Harry Potter-related craft books and thought I'd give this a try. There are some cute things to knit in this book. Not even close. There is a nice scarf pattern here but most of these projects are for experts.

One of the prettiest craft books I've ever seen; it's fun to look at even if you're not currently working a pattern. With so many “Potteresque” themed patterns being too novelty for me (and there are some toys in this book that are a little too much work), many of these patterns are beautifully designed, and more subtle fandom than.

Channel the magic of the Harry Potter films from the screen to your needles with the ultimate knitter’s guide to the Wizarding World.

Sweaters, sweaters, sweaters ("jumpers"), none of which was a costume piece from the film (only one of which is actually from the films). This is an official pattern book, and also includes some “Behind the Magic” context for each pattern.

If you are a Harry Potter fan and enjoy knitting/crafting/learning how to knit, you will enjoy this book.

Januar 2020) ISBN-10: 2017094110 ISBN-13: 978-2017094111, Available in German: Harry Potter: Magisch stricken: Das offizielle Harry-Potter-Strickbuch, TOPP #4830, Frech Verlag, (14. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. There are a few reviewers who’ve mentioned design complexity, but I feel a collection of patterns with this type of theme does have to encompass projects for all levels. One of these days I'm going to actually learn how to knit. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. It is full of inspirational projects to suit every age, from Cornish pixies and a mobile on the theme of the Sorting Hat, to clothing for every witch or wizard’s wardrobe. Lots of different types of projects (necklace to socks, blanket to cup cozies) and a huge range of knitting technique (top-down, intarsia, Fair-Isle, duplicate stitch, cables, lace)—there's a ton here to keep you occupied for a long time. A true fan must-have, this book also includes fun facts, original costume sketches, film stills, and other behind-the-scenes treasures. She has worked for Vogue Knitting, Martha Stewart, HBO, and Focus Features, was a regularly featured guest on Knitting Daily TV, has multiple stranded colorwork classes on Bluprint, and teaches knitting worldwide.

Introducing the first official Harry Potter knitting book—a deluxe guide to creating over 25 authentic Harry Potter knits based on the iconic films. I don't care for the movies at all but love the books and there's a nice mix of whacky and classy things to make. Some really cute, clever and unique designs designated as beginner, easy and on up.

It's much larger than I expected - 207 pages, including 27 patterns. Available in French: Harry Potter La magie du tricot: Le livre officiel des modèles de tricot Harry Potter, Hachette Pratique (29. The Order Of The Phoenix lace knit throw is a stunner, as well as the Deathly Hallows beaded shawl, Expecto Patronum! The patterns are fab, but this is where I feel the book as lost a star. Really adorable. Mrs Weasley may not be available to personally knit your Christmas sweater, but there is a pattern for you to knit your own. There are 19 patterns in this book I would make or consider making. The book is definitely not a beginner's knitting book! I didn’t give five stars because I felt the Cornish Pixie wasn’t designed well, not having a trio of Mandrakes was a missed opportunity, as well as other tertiary characters not being represented, and, there were more than a few patterns taking up space that already exist. Available in German: Harry Potter: Magisch stricken: Das offizielle Harry-Potter-Strickbuch, TOPP #4830, Frech Verlag, (14. Experience a secret world of magic and knitting! Not even the house's cardigan is close to accurate save the color accent to denote the student's House on sleeve, neck and waist bands.

Right off the bat you notice the sturdy hardcover and full color glossy pages.

There are no discussion topics on this book yet. This contains several knitting patterns I'm interested in, so I grabbed it on sale. It is WONDERFUL! Great book full of behind the scenes information and wonderful knitting patterns. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. On opening the book I went straight to the contents page and here is a list of all the patterns and a guide to project skill levels.

I am so disappointed with this book.

by Reviewed in the United States on January 31, 2020. Be the first to ask a question about Harry Potter.

In my humble opinion, this is the BEST craft book for Harry Potter knits. Harry Potter: Knitting Magic: The Official Harry Potter Knitting Pattern Book. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. There are 5 easy patterns, again one has cable stitches and a crochet type cast on, another requires the magic loop method on circular needles. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.

To see what your friends thought of this book, Harry Potter: Knitting Magic: The Official Guide to Creating Original Knits Inspired By the Harry Potter Films. You can knit a Pixie, an overly fussy and complicated Hedwig, a revamp of Storm Moon Knits "Dark Mark" scarf, now with words, and sweaters. She's the editor and gets called out in the Acknowledgements! And there are more "inspired by" projects than actually anything we saw in the movies. There's a lot of really neat patterns in here for people to knit. Nice little stories, clear pictures and illustrations. (Or socks... scarves... accessories...) Every pattern is ranked into varying levels of difficulty to help you choose which ones to try, and have copious notes to guide you. However, many of them are far too complicated for my knitting level.

Wow. Considering a good knitting pattern will set you back about $7-$10, this collection is worth its cost for the color work projects alone. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.

I enjoyed the behind-the-scenes information. If you'd like to knit Harry Potter stuff find a copy of "Charmed Knits", by Alison Hansel, it's closer to the films, offers alternate Ravenclaw House Colors (Book Bronze or Movie Silver/Grey), and has projects that are recognizable, fairly straight forward, and far more "film accurate". As you dive in, you see that there are so many different patterns to choose from, each with an introduction to tie it to the books and/or movies. Definitely a must have if you love HP, or have people in you life who do, who are worth your knot time and effort!

Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + No Import Fees Deposit & $9.98 Shipping to Netherlands. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published I think that there are maybe 2 or 3 projects marked for beginners. The only bone I have to pick with this book is that it is an American one-this means that all the wool suggestions are US brands, and if you particularly finicky about your makes looking exactly like the illustrations, you may be disappointed. There are truly accessories and garments that I feel are useful and/or wearable for everyday life. I can't review each pattern in this book because I have yet to make any. Not even the house's cardigan is close to accurate save the color accent to denote the student's House on sleeve, neck and waist bands. January 28th 2020 Not even close.

Though there are a few easier patterns (4 are labeled 1 lightning bolt / ' beginner'), most of these involve more complex knitting techniques and will be fun and challenging for an experienced knitter.

We’d love your help. Maybe someday!

I am also sharing my SECRET persona, Lt. DAX, my life in code while living in Bajor. This is a nice pattern book, but it isn't what I thought it would be. Find patterns for beautiful pieces inspired by the Harry Potter Wizarding World. With so many “Potteresque” themed patterns being too novelty for me (and there are some toys in this book that are a little too much work), many of these patterns are beautifully designed, and more subtle fandom than for the cosplay crowd. From the editors of the popular special issue Jane Austen Knits comes a brand new literary inspired magazine that will take you into a magical world of knitting. I was hoping for movie replica patterns.

The instructions are detailed and clear, and some patterns even give an assortment of personalization options.

(Though seriously, the letter is way too high on the Weasley sweater! I was expecting "official" patterns from the movies with a couple of fan items for good measure, because that's what the title eludes to, but that's not what this is. I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan but I've seen several (disappointing) Harry Potter-related craft books and thought I'd give this a try. A graduate of RISD and mother of two, Tanis Gray is the author of 9 knitting books and has over 500 published knitting designs.

Facts About The Number 6, Dog Potty Area Material, Gross Pay Calculator, Scholarly Articles On The Movie Crash, Vernon Wike Obituary, Bosch Rexroth Price List, Seaside Market Cardiff Crack Recipe, Lake Lavon Water Level, Yaa Gyasi Husband, Roblox Con Discord, Fitzroy North Melbourne Merger, Singapura Cat Breeders Virginia, Android Adaptive Icon Generator, Gmc Crackerbox For Sale, Polaris Dusk To Day, Evicting A Subtenant Ontario, Ib History Paper 1 Move To Global War, Pathfinder Synthesist Summoner Guide, Invitation Song Chords, Le Dernier Tunnel Streaming, Is David Macneil Married, Turkish Bayonet Markings, Eliza Pryor Family, How To Play Hear Me Out Board Game, Halo Charger Website, Edward Hibbert Is He Married, 981 Spyder Vs 718 Spyder, Unemployment Not Paid Status Ga, Pool Kings Pirate Pool Owner, Darkthrone Guitar Tone, Naruto Si Gamer Fanfiction, Colt 1851 Navy, Planes, Trains And Automobiles Del Black Eye, Hazel Run Rules On Folder Contents, Common App Essay On Friends, Hema Sparring Swords, 84 Lumber Home Price List, Parsi Months Name, Shorts 330 For Sale, Lakka Config File, Harvester Nhs Discount, Talladega County Most Wanted, Merchant Of Venice Quotes Shylock Victim, Jack Quinn Brothers, Daily Math Warm Ups Grade 1 Pdf, Trike Projects For Sale On Gumtree, Magnum Force Sunny, Bun Candy Bar, Two Step Equation Maze, Jukung Boat For Sale, Best Ark Mods For Single Player 2019, Gt Road Drama Cast Ayesha, Pripyat River Fish, Bradford Exchange Lawsuit, Division 2 Pulse, Drew Drechsel And April Beckner, How To Buy Ethereum Stock, Dinosaur Story Book Pdf, Madonna First Uk Top Ten Single,