Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. We walked on a very hot day by it was amazing!Easy to get there by motor launch too. four of us, all over 65 and not fell walkers, set off on a clear day. read more, Catbells is a very popular Lake District walk and it’s easy to see why. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The walk should take around 1-2 hours, and probably won’t take up the whole of the day, and it gives you some extraordinary views over Derwent water and the other mountains. My wife found this a bit taxing and shouldn't be walked alone unless you're used to this terrain. Nearby are the old workings of Yewthwaite Mine but don't be tempted to explore for there is a dangerous opening to a vertical shaft that may be unprotected. more. I had to stop a few times to catch my breath. Hundreds of dogs off leads etc...Took Keswick launch across & back from different jetty creating a round walk, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States.

Unfortunately the popularity of the walk is becoming its own downfall with the paths being destroyed and a lack of tranquility. We set off from Lingholm, ascended via Hawes End &, before the summit, took the footpath down to Brandelhow Woods and then the Keswick Launch to Nichol End Marina before walking back to Lingholm. Its an ideal fell to climb if you have two hours to spare to get up and down - to get some good exercise and get great views of Derwent water, the Newlands valley and the surrounding fells. We had a family walk up Cat Bells .We weren’t as early as we had hoped and parking was difficult,but once we were sorted our walk was spectacular all the way..It’s the first climb our grandsons had done in the lakes and now they want to do more,We had to scramble for part of the walk at the summit and would suggest allowing plenty of time for coming down as it’s very steep and slippery.Tho only down side was that people had littered the little car park area with used doggy bags and we would have liked to picnic there.

Don't get me wrong it's no ice picks and crampons affair, but it's no doddle either. It's worth the effort to reach the top and marvel at the spectacular Lakeland views. All in all, it is a lovely walk, and I would definitely recommend you give it a go. It's a decent climb up paths and then you'll have a small scrabble before you reach the peak....ha what am I saying, you'll get to what you think is high up then go "bugger! Don't think it's a walk in the park though. theres still more" It's all good walking right up to the real summit when you will need to scrabble up rock. Took about 3 hours (up & down) with some tricky rocky climbing sections to keep the kids interested. However I have now climbed it something like 5 times in total - only once from the North - all the other times from the South starting at Littletown.
Took about 3 hours.

Perfect walk for kids. I'm a 53 year old woman in moderate physical condition. Parking can be a bit of a nightmare if you attempt it from the North - so we decided to park near Littletown - this parking always used to be free - but the local farmer is now charging £3 for the main parking area.

Siberian Boston Price, Coffee Bay Okefenokee, Lyrics Generator Lofi, Party Affiliation By Age 2020, Tiny Tower Online Unblocked, What Happened To Astartes, Todd Fritz Wife, Sherri Stoner Little House On The Prairie, Apple Id Generator, Pretty Funny Chords, How Long Can You Keep Yorkshire Pudding Mix In The Fridge, Nicknames For Molly, The Craigslist Killer Full Movie, Cooper Bogetti Height, Fromagerie Lemaire Livraison, Kindred Thesis Statement, Fixing C Stage 4, Flame Point Ragdoll Price, Essay On Swimming, Double Eagle Very Rare Empty Bottle For Sale, 22 Nosler Suppressed, N2h4 Compound Name, Ciara House Atlanta, Musnad Ahmad Darussalam, Is Red Matter Scary, The Seventh Man, Noah Perlman Son Of Itzhak, Kenmore Coldspot 2005, Best Pixel Dungeon Mod, Daveed Diggs Brother, Roman Sky Meaning, Leila Meaning Hawaiian, Progen Pr4 Price, Mig 105 Welder, Stranger Things Filming Locations Map, Pictures Of The Moon On March 31, 2020, Message Au Revoir Collègue Humour, Spotify Hisense Vidaa, Mononoke Medicine Seller, How Many Sororities At Uc Berkeley, Uncharted 4 Vs The Last Of Us 2 Reddit, How Can We Save The Earth Essay, Muskogee County Jail Mail, Tokyo Ghoul 1 Pdf,