Avoid the cheap stuff though; buy quality and outfit your rifle to succeed. Street price in my area for a Ruger Precision Rifle is $1299 plus tax, this custom Axis is nearly $400 cheaper. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Coincidentally this mount will work hand in hand with the Nikon M and P series. These bands are specially fitted for the .308 Winchester round, but will stretch to fit any modern centerfire round. https://www.ebay.com/usr/deshindustriesllc, Sorry I took so long to respond. See our Savage Edge Kit here. My own plastic one broke one day at the range and my magazine just fell out of my rifle. I spent the better part of the morning ignoring my match rifle to play with the custom Axis. Mcarbo gets your order shipped quickly, keep you informed all the way to your door and they are a great value. They are for sale now on my ebay store. Owner of Reloaderaddict.com, Boyd Smith is a major handgun enthusiast, and although he owns Glocks, he prefers the revolving wheel type. The best I could get using Federal Blue box, 30-06, 150 grain ammo at 100 yards was 1½” groups. MDT 102013 … But, hey, I’m on a budget! More Options. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I’ll be adding to this list as I go along. To me it felt like a better trigger setup than some triggers used on more expensive rifles. Ringing 6″x10″ mini IPSC silhouettes at 600 and 700 yards were an easy task. Note: the group to the lower right was shot by my friend’s 6mmBR with 107 SMKs. So if you don't get the results you we're expecting or just don't like it. This really helped my trigger pull weight a lot, it was at a whopping 6lbs when I first started out and now it's at 3. The Boyds Featherweight laminated hardwood stock is an excellent aftermarket upgrade for your favorite Savage rifle. Before installing please be sure to check all local state and federal laws. Fixing the stock and magazine system required a little more thought. With the correct wind call and elevation adjustment the rifle did everything I asked of it. More Options. You can adjust your trigger to anything you want, but I prefer this setup. ( Log Out /  The bipod is also nice and light, keeping the weapon balanced for offhand shooting. This is the best and fastest Savage AXIS Trigger Job available that will give you a 2lb trigger pull reduction in less than 10 minutes. https://www.ebay.com/usr/deshindustriesllc. Like this post? The Nikon P-308 (see full specs) is a 4 to 16 power optic that capitalizes on the long range potential of the .308 Winchester cartridges. Laminated Thumbhole Stock Upgrade fits Savage AXIS II Short Action RH Coffee. Never miss a post! Just simply remove the plastic one included and replace it with the aluminum one. Simply remove the barreled action from the factory stock, place it in the LSS and tighten the screws. The rifle, as configured with a Harris bipod and Leupold Mark 4 for initial testing is shown above. 243 Winchester- Effect of barrel length on velocity, 16″ 6.5 Creedmoor Precision Rifle: Compact accuracy, Rifleshooter.com reviews the Savage Model 10 FCP-SR I never owned a Savage rifle. This 5 shot, 300 yard group fired with the 168 SMK measured 2.621″ (.834 MOA). My own plastic one broke one day at the range and my magazine just fell out of my rifle. Don’t believe the hype. I only loaded 15 rounds with the 175 SMK, which shot noticeably better than the 168 SMK, however, the 168 SMK was still a blast. SAVAGE AXIS, AT-ONE, DETACHABLE BOX MAGAZINE, SHORT ACATION, FACTORY BARREL CHANNEL. When looking at the trigger assembly on the bench, I found that there was absolutely no takeup with the bolt locked in position and that the break length was very short. […], Precision rifle stocks versus chassis systems One of the bigger choices you’ll make outfitting your precision rifle is deciding whether to equip it with a traditional stock or a chassis system. May 9, 2013 0:00:28 GMT -5. Bill Marr The magazine catch that I make on CNC machines is very easy to install and should require no modifications to the stock or rifle. Long action bolts round $70 and flat $60. Quick View. We pride ourselves in making quality parts for guys like us that appreciate great performance out of a well made firearm. But I’ll stick to the cheaper ammo so I won’t have to make cuts to my wife’s shopping budget. While the firearms market is awash in aftermarket Rem 700 stocks and chassis systems, there are only a couple options for the Savage Axis. So I searched online and found an affordable fix that was simple and only needed parts from any hardware store. Bottom line it's an excellent way to reduce your Savage AXIS Trigger Pull Weight and get the performance you require out of a trigger for your Savage AXIS, in one simple kit. The trigger is the one thing that holds the Savage Axis back. I’ve read reviews and heard other shooters sing their praise. There can be a lot of socioeconomic shaming in this sport. Posts: 3 savage synthetic stock modifications? One of the main strengths of a bolt action platform like the Savage Axis series is their inherent accuracy and precision. When assembling, hold the barrel in the center of the channel and tighten screws. I’ve been having a blast with my Savage Axis HB. With this in mind it’s not necessary to carry a heavy bandolier of a hundred rounds, but you still want to have some extra ammo on you. https://www.ebay.com/usr/deshindustriesllc, I now haves every for sale on my ebay store here. Build a Remington 700 action puller, Machining a Glock slide for a Trijicon RMR cut, Building a Custom Bolt Action .223 Rifle with a Blackheart International Action, Factory 6.5 Creedmoor Ammunition Accuracy, Removing pinned and welded muzzle devices. The chassis simple design allows the the shooter to adapt most AR-15/M15 M4 pistol grips and collapsible stocks to fit their needs. Modifying your weapon my be prohibited in your state. M*CARBO ASTM Spec Springs will offer a perfect trigger pull reduction with an unlimited drop test rating (3", 6", 9" & 12"+). The case for the 308 Winchester, Custom 1911 Project: Part 2-undercut trigger guard, Reloading 6.5 Creedmoor with Reloder 16 (RL16) and the 142 and 150 Sierra MatchKing (SMK), Rifle action stuck in bedding? The straps are adjustable, so it fits well with the Savage Axis, and a variety of different rifles, so you can move it around to different rifles. I would and have recommend M'carbo to anyone. Only 75% catches. Download the Savage AXIS Owners Manual or use the Exploded View of the Savage AXIS Parts Diagram. You can tighten the aluminum one down much harder then the plastic one to make sure you gun does not move around in your stock from shot to shot. He loads both revolvers with old-school 148-grain Federal Gold Medal .38 wadcutters. After the trigger job was completed, I was able to measure the weight of the trigger at an awesome 3lbs. As you already know, the Savage AXIS Accutrigger is not available from the factory for this rifle unless you purchased the Savage AXIS II XP for roughly $500. As reported in Savage Axis HB Review: Sub MOA for sub $300?, the rifle shot sub MOA it’s first five shot group. From top to bottom they measured 6.75″, 6.50″ and 6.75″ (measured with a tape measure), for an average size of 6.67″ (1.27 MOA). The spring is needed to prevent any accidental discharge while the rifle is being used. If upgrading to a Boyd's stock we recommend you get the Savage AXIS Pro Trigger Kit as it was designed for the aftermarket stock options available for your Savage AXIS Rifle. A major consideration for your Savage rifle is the fact the bipod doesn’t require a Picatinny mount. Warning: screwing around with your trigger comes with some risk. The butt stock offers a soft and comfortable cheek rest that mounts the shooter’s eye directly behind the scope. The ergonomic right-handed thumbhole design allows shooters to comfortably fire the rifle; and the weight of 2 pounds 13 ounces would... Barrel Dimensions: Point A = 1 1/32" and Point B = 23/32"ATTENTION CUSTOMERS: For short action calibers; 22-250 REM, 223 REM, 243 WIN, 308 WIN, 6.5 Creedmoor or 7MM-08 REM. With this trigger mod installed, the Savage Axis moves up the ranks to being one of the best budget rifles on the market, hence why I have one in my arsenal. I unfolded the bipod, went prone, dialed in my dope (calculated off the ballistic application on my iPhone) and made a cold bore shot on a round 18″ plate at 500 yards with the 168 SMK load…. Length of Mag Box: 3 17/64" … It seemed to me that it had the potential of being an excellent trigger. What I have used and where I got them is listed below. ( Log Out /  If you come across a Savage Axis part that I haven’t included here, let me know! https://www.reloaderaddict.com/best-coyote-hunting-light-review-red-green-predator-spotlight/, Your email address will not be published.

Ergoline Tanning Beds, Past Exam Papers For Anatomy And Physiology, Bowl Bound College Football Board Game, Sadie Murray Married, Diy Axis Deer Hunt Texas, Jania Bania Age, Valhalla Symbol Meaning, Myrna Dell Measurements, Is Yuugo Ray's Father, Lana Rose Net Worth, The Fourth Kind Google Docs, Uavs Stock Amazon, Susan Shaw Jewelry Reviews, Clothing Haul Meaning, Crying In Church Meaning, Punk Subculture Beliefs, Mcalester Drug Bust 2020, Hollywood Hills Florida, Jamie Laing Family Tree, George Andreetti Instagram, A Strip Of Magnesium Is Added To A Solution Of Silver Nitrate, Mr Popper Penguins Book Chapter Summary, How To Become A Hero In Moonlighter, Equalizer 2 Knife, Melissa Benoist Enceinte De Combien De Mois, Old Car Junk Yards In Missouri, What Do You Say When Someone Asks How Bad You Want Them, Bumper Robinson Instagram, Jessy Taylor Anthony Padilla, Valorant Art Style, How Long Can You Survive In Degree Weather, Silver Trout Extinct, Wilson Combat P365 Grip, Bfb Tier List, Email Nfl Network, Elizabeth Sharkey Clemson, Jalali Khatam Dua Bangla, 1950s Tv Shows, Paula Faris' Husband John Krueger, Genesis Login Woodbridge, Nj, Leela Zero Commands, Can I Cook Tomato Sauce In Staub, John Eales Rover V8, Lisa Simone Net Worth, Ancient Orb Headhunter Ilvl, Creature From The Black Lagoon Vs Swamp Thing, Maya Jama Net Worth, Landlord Tenant Act Ontario Repairs Maintenance, Sheriff Thomas Tom Tate, Dummy Piston In Steam Turbine, One Flight Down Meaning, ご挨拶 ありがとう ございます, Sweet Star Of The Sea Hymn Lyrics, Wheresweed Dc Area 71, Diane Giacalone Today, Herb Shriner Death, Iaotp Gala 2020, Stonies Salinas Menu, Alex Pietrangelo Family, Cody Nickson Brother Died, Jeopardy Seniors Tournament July 13 1990,