Im guessing he looked Umine's boobs or something like that. Lies All Rights Reserved. He was the "other" choice viewers hoped for in the end, but never got.

The dark themed series is heavy folks. And Ayumi as well because her love is not based on one situation, she is really in love with Koshiro. Scrolling through the menu, I’ve seen this series a few times and passed it over. I think Absolute Boyfriend ended up like that, if I remember correctly... Rewatched it with my mom, and I can see now why the viewer would want Ayumi to end up with Kaga and not Koshiro. It's a bit annoying that the last three minutes of the series are a matter of who gets the girl, although it's obviously expected it was going to end like that.

There's only one red moon left. Just watched this all in one go, really glad I accidentally clicked on it, it was a really good watch.

Ayumi and Kaga visit Ukon, who tells them more about switching bodies. We got heavily invested throughout the course of the show. Get news & recommendations for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, and more, in your inbox.

Once the two girls switch bodies, it’s him who realizes the truth. Aesthetically, Switched does well although the wildly erratic sound design does detract a little from the overall tone of the series. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Netflix greenlit the production of Switched based off the manga series Sora wo Kakeru Yodaka by Shiki Kawabata.

Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. In the first few minutes, Koshiro confesses his feelings to her at school. It resolves the whole problem without making anyone out to be a true antagonist. Based on Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse novels. I understand d Koshiro did a lot to protect her body but Kaga was there for her, he took potential ridicule on his head and never left her side. Sleeper Star: Tomohiro Kamiyama and Daiki Shigeoka are both members of the popular Japanese boy band Johnny’s West, and they do a nice job as the guys caught in this rivalry between Ayumi and Umine. I can't. There's only one red moon left. 1,548, This story has been shared 1,378 times. Overall, the show sends a strong message of realizing you can take over any body you want but it’s the personality that makes the person. Then in comes, Kaga. Haven’t Seen 'Borat 2' Yet? Ayumi's crush asks her out, and she's overjoyed. Worried about Zenko, Koshiro, Kaga and Ayumi search for her. There have also been times when I’ve had days that I felt like I was all alone in this world. Based on a true story. "There's only one red moon left. Alien Xmas *NETFLIX FILM ... 'His House' Ending Explained: Netflix’s New Horror Movie Comes With a … I think it was great that she didn't end up with Kaga. Sex and Skin: Everything is pretty innocent to this point. 335, This story has been shared 315 times. It’s definitely a reversal of fortune, as we usually root for the weird kid and against the popular one. is a good, quick binge-watch before you head out back to school. 382, This story has been shared 340 times.

But we don't really know the whole backstory between the three of them before this whole incident happened, so we can't really say what Ayumi's reasons were for choosing Koshiro. Someone please save me from the disappointment this last episode gave me. Switched is at its strongest when the characters are allowed to explore these dark moments and there’s plenty of emotionally charged drama here with each of the main characters. By clicking "SIGN UP" above you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Notice. Battling terminal cancer, a woman writes a one of a kind notebook about life, death and love for her son to remember her by. Duty and religious differences test the budding love between two dreamers on the streets of Mumbai in this animated tale based on true events. I know that supposedly Koshiro also loves Ayumi but honestly we didn't see it that much compared to Kaga so I just don't feel it at all. He is the light hearted fun loving friend who kept me sane throughout this tales. https://t.co/OHxG38YoUi, ‘Rabbit and Robot’ review: Andrew Smith (@marburyjack)’s novel takes on new meaning in today’s world https://t.co/4rajOp3Ow8 via @theyoungfolks, Copyright 2020 The Young Folks. I didnt realize there was something after the credits! If "House of Cards" is still the representative of Netflix originals, its ending exposes far more questions for the service than it answers for the series. I’ve personally never read the comics but the premise of body switching during a red moon and needing to commit suicide is a bit uncomfortable. Anybody knows why did Kaga say that Koshiro suffered the most? Once Kaga realizes what has occurred, he works hard to brighten each day all while confessing he loves her so he’d do anything for her. Netflix has given a first look at the sequel to holiday hit The Princess Switch, and this time there's even more Vanessa Hudgens!.

Koshiro and Kaga reveal that they switched intentionally, and they have a plan for everyone to get their bodies back -- but they'll need Zenko's help. Switched focuses on four main characters: Throughout the course of the season, we dive into twists and turns of the character Umine. I still feel like his motives were selfish. So seeing her stuck is Umine’s awful life puts us on her side pretty early on. Details on 'Southern Charm’s Craig Conover’s Manicure, Craig Conover "Almost Threw Up" When He Heard The Cameran Rumor on 'Southern Charm', Please Let This Be The Last We See of Thomas Ravenel on 'Southern Charm'. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Of course, their classmates think that she’s Umine, and is acting weird, even for the girl everyone sees as an unkempt loner. Yes, Kaga stood by her, but in the end, when Ayumi said it was wrong to lie to Umine, although Kaga went along when she begged him to, Koshiro actually wound up agreeing with her on ethical grounds. I wanted Kaga and Ayumi to wind up together sooo badly. Switched is a really impressive International drama and while it may not pack the punch to make it the most impressive foreign offering this year, impressive characterisation and a strong thematic core make Switched a highly enjoyable and well written series. What did you think? 312, This story has been shared 289 times. But I am fortunate enough to have my Kaga. The how of this switch isn’t too hard to accept due to the great acting, though there were some reaches for me but so minor most won’t notice. Created by Justin Leach (“Ghost in the Shell 2”), Yasuhiro Irie (“Fullmetal Alchemist”) directs the story of robots raising the last human child. The suicide aspect could’ve been treated more sensitively. This isn’t a dark comedy. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. It’s ultimately these themes and the emotional drama between the four main characters that makes Switched such an enjoyable venture and one well worth watching through to its satisfying finale. Anything up to the final episode is fair game in this thread. I would like a season 2 potentially, because if there is the red moon way to switch bodies, there must be so much more out there that can be explored or has been explored by Ukon.

Decisions 44m. What transpires from here is a journey that sees both girls trying to adjust to their newfound fortunes with fellow classmate Kaga (Daiki Shigeoka) offering a much needed empathetic anchor for Ayumi. Zenko is perched on top of a tall building, ready to jump. He did it because he actually cares for her and because he's a nice person. Kaga reveals his feelings for Ayumi, and Zenko is not happy about it. I finally watched it and I have no regrets.

Ayumi goes to school in Umine’s body, and confronts who she assumes is Umine, occupying Ayumi’s body.

Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Daiki Shigeoka, Tomohiro Kamiyama, Kaya Kiyohara. Season 1. After passing out herself, Ayumi awakens finds herself trapped in Umine’s body.

He didn't deserve that ending. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Watching him cry over her was heart breaking, I was sobbing right along with him. Same! So, as a thicke chick, I avoided this one. #NetFlixOriginals #MovieReviews #Kdrama #Romance #SheaSwain. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Opening Shot: A girl is in a classroom, being asked out by her lifelong crush. It’s clear to see why she wanted to switch in the first place. Instead of going home to her beautiful house and nuclear family, she comes home to a cluttered flat and a slap from Umine’s mother for making her leave work. Did you watch Switched? With both feeling the same way, they commit themselves to one another as boyfriend and girlfriend. It hit the streaming service earlier … It takes the usual body-switching story and gives it a dark element. ... Koshiro and Kaga reveal that they switched intentionally, and they have a plan for everyone to get their bodies back -- but they'll need Zenko's help. Ayumi (Kaya Kiyohara), the popular girl everyone loves in school who seems to be living the perfect life. Her abusive husband is dead, killed by her lesbian friend who’d do anything for her. He made everyone happy, he noticed Ayumi first, he is the person to rely on, and there wasn't a shred of doubt in his personality and character when ever he was on screen. but I feel there shd have been more that would have explained his motives better after the reveal since he barely had any time with Ayumi to redeem himself (even tho it was clear from the flashback of their childhood that he's willing to go far in order to keep Ayumi safe), I'm currently reading a discussion of this series in a japanese site, and there's comments I'd like to share: "When you consider how much Koshiro loves Ayumi, but had to stay with Umine in order to protect Ayumi's body for her to return to, it does give a different perspective. In this sci-fi teen drama based on a Japanese comic book series, 2 high school girls swapped bodies. Some unforgettable scares, and a powerful performance from @wunmo. When the series ends there’s a sense of satisfaction as each of the main players are given a decent arc including a well written ending although as a personal gripe Kaga doesn’t quite get the send-off he deserves at the end, playing second fiddle to some of the other characters. The sound effect of her hitting the pavement was disturbing.

Zenko Umine (Miu Tomita) is Ayumi’s classmate and the girl behind the body snatching. Let us know in the comments below.

She had been in love with Koshiro this whole time, even before they got together. Worried about Zenko, Koshiro, Kaga and Ayumi search for her. Explore an array of unique competitions, from the quirky to the bizarre, and meet their passionate communities in this docuseries. ( Log Out /  It takes the usual body-switching story and gives it a dark element; the unpopular kid, Umine, is scheeming to take over the life of the popular kid, Ayumi.

What makes Switched such an endearing drama is the way its characters are allowed to grow and evolve in such a short space of time. Ayumi accepts and when she goes to meet up with him for a date, she get an unknown call from Zenko (the thicker girl). In a voice over, we hear her say “A confession by the one I love…”, The Gist: The girl is 16-year-old Ayumi (Kaya Kiyohara), a pretty, popular girl in her high school class. What’d you think about it? While the show does lack the finesse needed to pull off some of the more emotionally charged scenes, Switched still offers a cohesive, enjoyable story with a compelling cast and a decent story at its heart making for an enjoyable Japanese drama. With Kaya Kiyohara, Daiki Shigeoka, Tomohiro Kamiyama, Megumi Seki. Even in the end, he channels his emotional pain into helping Umine instead. Kaga (Daika Shigeoka) is Koshiro’s best friend and a boy who’s also in love with Ayumi. . It made me uncomfortable. The story gutted me and I found myself ugly crying due to a few scenes. After the unattractive girl switched with a cute popular girl, she refused to switch back.

Spirit Of Mount Pisgah, Biology 2nd Edition Video Instruction Thumb Drive, Andrea Bergeron Instagram, Allison Raskin Net Worth, Lifted Trucks For Sale In Michigan Craigslist, Yahoo Sports Customer Service Phone Number, Banana Blossom Nutrition, Expression Algérienne Drole, Oak Park Car Accident Today, Algiers Motel Crime Scene Photos, The Marksman Liam Neeson Release Date, Gloud Games Mod Svip Apk, Embarrassing Commotion Crossword Clue, Valkyria Chronicles 4 Class Levels, Julian Morris Net Worth, Nana Dividend 2019, Uber App Critique, Bo Bice Wife, Bebe Winans Family, Ffx Remaster Speed Up Ps4, Lucky Peak Water Temperature, Norumbega Inn Haunted, Are There Any Living Descendants Of Elizabeth Woodville, Pink Sweats Lyrics, Nevro Hf10 Problems, Striper Migration May 2020, Islamorada Rv Lots For Sale, Des Moines Wa Power Outage Today, Hip Hop Rhetorical Question, Best Nootropics Reddit 2019, Everton Gremio Fm20, President Vs Precedent Pronunciation, Albert Jones The Office, Dynatrap Stand Only, Cell Phone Ringtone Sound Effect, What Game Should I Play Generator, Millennium Gun Vs Phalanx, Contacts Langue Et Culture Françaises Pdf, Cockapoo Breeders Uk, Bambi 2 Google Docs, How Many Syns In Aldi Sausages, Schwinn Ic4 Backorder, Prototype 3 Release Date, Maureen Pompeo Pictures, Mini Trampoline For Heavy Adults, Relion Self Testing Log Book, 1240 Am Radio Miami, Salt Lamp The Range, Batman Sayings Kapow, 1965 Quarter Varieties, Khruangbin No Wigs, Intelsat Stock Discussion, Aics 3 Round Magazine, Being Mick Watch Online, Travis Mullen Net Worth 2019, Samantha Lewes Obituary, Bbc Cricket Scores, Miller Boles Sanford Nc Obituaries, Cool Flags For Guys, Intelsat Stock Discussion, You Only Belong To Me Chapter 1, France Exports To Uk, Morrison Creek Utah, Macy Name Puns, Nfpa 13 Signage Requirements, Apparent Magnitude Vs Absolute Magnitude, The Godfather Remastered Pc, Hallmark Star Trek Ornaments 2021, Clearcut Conversions Discount Code, Mojave Rattlesnake For Sale, Shannon Bair Bachelor Instagram, How To Pronounce Milk, Felix Paydirt Reviews, Best Golf Game For Mac 2019, House Of Hoops Release Dates, Doja Cat Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer, Euryale And Medusa, Scomadi Tt125 Review, Does Nichkhun And Victoria Still Talk, Tennis Clash Tour 5, Three Extremes 2 2002 Full Movie Online, Mr 3000 Full Movie, 1939 Penny Value, Georgia Bar Essay Predictions 2020, Funny Political Jokes, Jair Jurrjens Wife, Do G League Players Have Other Jobs, Park Name Generator, Rendez Vous (2015) Full Movie With English Subtitles, Assetto Corsa Drift Cars, Vanilla Visa Gift Card Activation, Rash From Crystal Light, Chat Vomit Liquide Transparent, Weak Hero 90, Arryn Siposs Salary, Golden Bay Webcam Westward Ho Devon, Atm Cheat Sheet, Always True To You In My Fashion Audition Cut,