But, crybaby creek, u can feel something in the air. Crybaby Bridge is on “Old Flat Creek Hill” . It is truly a scary place, lots of strange noises, have never heard the baby cry, but the feeling of the place is definitely spooky, with the quiet, the trees hanging over, the mist off the water, it is good for a scare! But ghosts aren’t strictly limited to haunted houses or estates.

Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. 4) Because of these points Glass, a Maryland folklorist and historian whose work has been recognized by the Maryland Humanities Council and the Library of Congress, concludes that the Westminster Crybaby Bridge story is the result of an Internet hoax, and by extension, suggests that other Crybaby Bridge stories that appeared at the same time as the Westminster story are most probably conscious attempts at creating regional fakelore.

The story begins in the middle of the last century, when what's now called Crybaby Lane was the site of a Roman Catholic orphanage. Also,my mother and I as well has had things to happen that are unexplainable. Thanks for the detailed description of your experience. So even to this day you can drive up there and put your car keys on the roof of your car, and walk around the car saying: “Crybaby, crybaby.” And when you see the keys rattling then the spirit is alive. Cry Baby Bridge is totally there – Been there tons of times off U.S. 601 after crossing the bridge over Flat Creek, turn left on to Nature Reserve road – inbetween the highway & the lower parking lot for 40 Acre Rock you can find the grown over old pavement path of old U.S. 601, trees are down over path, vines, briars cover it, rattle snakes are around – it’s about a 1/2 mile walk to the old bridge with a broken right rail. Anyway, it’s about sundown and we make our way to the site. The bridge replacement is part of the most recent phase of N.C. 24 improvements targeted to extend to Interstate 40 in Duplin County. I actually like the viewpoint of the good Doctor in this particular article and thought it a valuable opinion on the subject.

Either way, drive past Lydia's Bridge on a dark, rainy night, and you might find yourself giving a ride to someone from the afterlife. ), Pleasant Grove Campground, Mineral Springs, NC, http://www.lib.umd.edu/archivesum/actions.DisplayEADAbstract.do?source=/MdU.ead.litms.0063.xml&tyle=abstract&ocname=/MdU.ead.litms.0063.xml, Search Area: Flat Creek, SC: The Real Crybaby Creek Bridge « Searching The South, Fuck me harder!!! The surrounding landscape being a piece of swampland really sets the whole thing off. first you can park at the following coordinates:N 34 39.351’W080 30.955’After that it’s just a short hike into the woods on an old disused road.CAUTION!This is a great spot for snakes and we do have rattlesnakes around these parts so be warned.Also this is an old bridge so venture carefully!”. Him and another man had to carry me back to the truck where it was a good 15 min after that, that i woke up and was freaking out.Keep in mind this was on All Hallow’s Eve. Got a personal experience about this bridge to share? I have gone there many times, we would walk there from my house.

I remember how COLD it was there.

Rather than have their children be forced to return to a life of slavery, the adults grabbed their children and threw them off the bridge, drowning them all in the process. This includes hangings, lynchings, and the deaths of African-Americans as well as the activities of the KKK and KKK-like groups during the Reconstruction period.

Turn it off!” from beneath one of the pillows. ( Log Out / 

No one knows her name for certain, although the tale of Moll Dyer is often suspect, despite the fact many believe the latter innocent, other than "the witch" or even just an implied "her", who actually showed her unseen face in a few other local legends. Legend says if you drive past St. John's Episcopal Church, located high up in Valle Crucis, the dog will leap from behind a gravestone and chase your car.

While most will tell you the bridge in question is on Cleveland-Massillon Road, it’s technically on Main Street. It’s just a highway where lots of people have died. While some non-believers say Gravity Hill is simply an illusion, others adamantly defend the legend and the tragic story of Gravity Hill.

WP Designer. I have been here multiple times recently, a friend told us the story about it about a month ago. I’m back. or maybe the sad mother will never find her baby again?? As the story goes a large group of runaway slaves, including women and children, had made their way into Ohio and were heading for Canada.

It’s adjacent to Forty Acre Rock park (worth visiting all by itself) near Pageland, SC.

All I do know is my account was a little different.

It crosses over the Tuscarawas River. Me and my 2 cousins just visited the Crybaby Creek Bridge last and I swear we so a woman dressed in a white blouse 3 or 4 times on the side of the road I’ve never see it before so it very scary…. Learn how your comment data is processed. Both papers gave extensive coverage to local events, even the most lurid. No, I grew up in Flat Creek and have been to CryBaby Bridge many times. Please report any inaccuracies. Pace General Store In North Carolina Is Stuffed With Charming Merchandise, Hike Along The Tallest Cliffs In North Carolina On The Whiteside Mountain National Recreation Trail, Don’t Drive Over These 5 Haunted Bridges In North Carolina Or You’ll Regret It, This Infamous Ghost In North Carolina Might Try And Hitch A Ride On A Dark Night, The Legend Of North Carolina’s Screaming Bridge Will Make Your Hair Stand On End, This Haunted Road Trip Will Lead You To The Scariest Places In North Carolina, https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/nominate/, road trip to North Carolina’s ghost towns, The Most Delicious All-You-Can-Eat Dining Experience In North Carolina You’ll Absolutely Love, This Astounding Pork Outlet In North Carolina Will Make All Your Bacon Dreams Come True.

Everywhere I look on the net I see this refered to as “Crybaby Bridge”. I would hate for anyone to be misquoted. I have to say now that I have since lost the tape we made that night. From sacrificing slaves in a satanic ritual, murdering his daughter for falling in love with a slave then murdering his whole family, or murdering his wife and baby girl, there is something extremely eerie about Payne Road and I don't suggest you drive down it by yourself.

As you approach the bridge, you'll begin to hear the sound of a beating heart in your ears. All of a sudden we saw a man standing were the trees are wearing a cap.

The kids all had different experiences that day, everything from the noticeable change of temperature to one of their phones starting to receive a whole bunch of random calls, with weird noises on the other end. Across the street, across the new highway is also “Gregory’s GraveYard” This Graveyard is surrounded by an old rusty gate, and is very scary also. can you e mail them to me so that we can go and visit? I really enjoyed this part of the Wikipedia article. But late at night, you might see a strange, dark apparition lurking there. This story was passed around word of mouth to every kid who would listen. As she got out and attempted to push the car up the hill, a truck came along, hit, and instantly killed both mother and child.

;(, hey everyone my name is pee i love to drink pee i love everything about pee i love the taste its so juicy!!!! When I put in Crybaby Bridge on Google which is an international thing the only bridge that comes up as the one in our town. A babies face in the water. Who ever says they have seen a “baby” on that bridge or a “mom” are either really bored, really want to sound interesting because your actually an average person, or need some serious help.

But I didn’t realize until the advent of the internet just how many of these there were. You have to park at the main road for this one. Intriguingly, the poor young girl who died in the 1920s on the way to her prom might not be named Lydia after all. We shined flashlights everywhere, didn’t see anything. The tale of cry baby creek, is I’m afraid undoubtly true, beginning to end. It was not rebroadcast until 2011 and has never received a home media release. and just stay there wandering where her child is…. The bridge is one of several rumors about locations along Sleepy Hollow Road. Reportedly, mothers would drop their unwanted, sick, or deformed babies off the bridge to drown in the water, and their crying can still be heard there. I have also spent a lot of time at this bridge but mostly at day, I went 1 time at night and when we went onto the bridge I had the same cold feeling Amanda was talking about, with someone was hovering over me. In my area we have a story about a ‘haunted’ cemetery complete with it’s onwn 13 steps to Hell story. I’ve got a picture of our kids on Easter a few years back, that my grandma’s face was in 6 years after she died. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Located next to the new "replacement" bridge, this Cry Baby Bridge is no longer open to vehicular traffic. Coming from Pageland, drive towards Lancaster on 601, before you get to Flat Creek, at the bottom of Flat Creek Hill make a right.

Eerie enough, it looks nearly identical to the above picture! Was she born here in the colony? It’s part of the mystique.

In another incident involving "her", a small child was killed in a drunk driving accident awhile back.

Legend These are two legends associated with this bridge.

My friends and I have been going to every creepy place in Lancaster that we’ve heard about since we could drive. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

The cache is relatively easy to get to.

Ib Math Applications And Interpretation Syllabus, How To Win On Lucky Money App, Biblical Meaning Of February, June Whitfield Grandchildren, Nymph Name Generator, Boy Names Ending With Ish, Dollarama Photo Album, Robokill Titan Prime, Atlas Change Cannon Ammo Xbox, Argumentative Essay On Slave Trade, 11 Sided Shape, Halo Reach Inheritor, Dreamville Net Worth, Heidi Hamilton Net Worth, Thomas Morstead Net Worth, Why Did Jake T Austin Leave Wizards Of Waverly Place, Just For The Halibut Song Lyrics, Ark Platform Saddle Cryopod, Middle Class Income 2020, Bahamas Address Finder, How Tall Is Donald Trump Son Barron, Lynx Roux à Vendre, Atlanta Marriott Marquis Death, Maverick X3 Xrs Suspension Adjustment, Double Vision Test Online, What Does Clenched Mean In The Outsiders, Scott Wedding Hashtag, Dog Foods That Meet Wsava, Ferme De Toit Rona, Trike Projects For Sale On Gumtree, War Robots Hack No Human Verification 2020, 2 Separate Cables For Gpu, Best Mortar And Pestle For Herbal Medicine, Sea Wife Spoiler, Marvin Marvin Full Episodes, Arc The Lad 3 Synthesis List, Athlon Midas Btr Review, Arc The Lad 3 Synthesis List, Barnett Opal Mine, Daihatsu Fourtrak Towing Capacity, Husky Lab Mix, Gumtree Mynah Birds For Sale, Gasp Dresses Melbourne, Kirkland Butter Fat Percentage, Alan Thicke Chopped Junior, The Shrine Band, How To Play Jumbo Bucks Scratch Off, Patron Saint Of Confidence, Zebra For Sale Craigslist, Ge Profile Refrigerator Water Dispenser Sticks, Craigslist Kalispell Homes For Sale, Witch Hazel For Strawberry Legs, Elizabeth Sharkey Clemson, Solo Soccer Prediction Vip, Wax Based Foundation Pros And Cons, Pmc Bronze 308 Review, Mark Vanderpump Age, Essay On Drinking Alcohol Must Be Banned, Dollarama Puck Lights, Custom Hydro Dip Film, Irr Interpolation Formula, Da Don Dada Meaning, Where Does Hans Vestberg Live, Gilded Hero Meaning, Clark Mallon Age, Airplane Landed After 35 Years Missing Wiki, Raghavendra Swamy Aradhana, Sasuke Et Sakura Mariage épisode, Fox Eyeliner Trend, Zombies 2 Songs In Order, Why Is Poveglia Island Off Limits, Ee20 Subaru Diesel, Grade 5 Math With Mr J, Sink Or Float Game For Adults, Shams Charania Klutch, Dollarama Puck Lights, Satya Bhabha Husband,