When I first saw it in the movie, it reminded me of the Superman symbol from Superman: Red Son. Kal meant that's is family represented hope. The House of Zod was a significant family on the planet Krypton before its destruction. the symbol of the House Of El means 'hope'.". General Zodis the husband of Faora and father of Davis Bloome. It features the symbol (or partial symbol) of Doom, buoyed on either side by the Kryptonian glyph for "Z".

now i could be remembering this wrong, and i wasn't able to find the clip on Youtube to check, but i'm 99% sure that during that part where Jor-El's hologram AI thing is explaining everything about Krypton to Kal, right after the suit comes out Jor says "that's what this symbol means, Kal. I am confused by what you think you saw. General Zod is a Kryptonian, and a significant adversary to the House of El. Later it evolved into two Kryptonian Z's rotated 90 degrees and a Kryptonian symbol between both that presents itself looking like the Earth symbol for Z. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Davis Bloomewas the son of General Zod and Faora. So am i to assume there is no meaning behind it? 3. 1.

Be cool if it was Power or Strength. Kal-El. https://smallville.fandom.com/wiki/Mark_of_Zod?oldid=264457.

It was inferred from the phrase. Zod's symbol. Doomsday was able to survive by being sent to Earth as a genetic matter and growing up in Earth's foster care system before Faora, possessing Lois, revealed his true origins to him and told him he was destined to destroy Earth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. Everyone seems to miss that. The mark first appeared as a tattoo on the back of Aethyr, one of Zod's disciples, when she emerged from the Black Ship. The Man of Steel. https://smallville.fandom.com/wiki/House_of_Zod?oldid=324038, The phrase "House of Zod" was never actually used on the show.

Known members were General Zod (and his clone), Faora (and her clone), and Doomsday.

Faorais the wife of General Zod and mother of Davis Bloome. They sent him to Earth attached to Kal-El's ship. It is reminiscent of the Latin letter "Z" in its shape. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Author has 4.5K answers and 19.9M answer views In the Man of Steel movie, the General's symbol is the family crest of the House of Zod, the same way the "S" is the family crest of the House of El. In the comics, Faora's full name is Faora Hu-Ul. The House of Zod often opposes a fellow Kryptonian family, the House of El.

It is reminiscent of the Latin letter "Z" in its shape. Zod's second wife Faora was able to survive by also being placed in the Phantom Zone along with her husband, and also escaped by possessing a human, Lois Lane. In a stunning flash of light, the orb opened a portal, burning the Mark of Zod into the lawn. Major Zod emerges after the orb burns his symbol. Clark Kent.

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

It features the symbol (or partial symbol) of Doom, buoyed on either side by the Kryptonian glyph for "Z".

Originally, Superman's "S" symbol wasn't meant to be Kryptonian and was just "S for Superman". General Zod was the leader of all military on Krypton, and it was this power that led him to round up numerous disciples and start a war with the Science Council with the goal of taking over the planet and reshaping it in his image. Press J to jump to the feed. Smallville Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The Mark of Zod is the Kryptonian crest for the House of Zod. The mark was notably burnt into the field where Lex Luthor was abducted by Brainiac and the Black Ship, and as a symbol of red light projected from the Fortress of Solitude that contained Zod's essence.

The Last Son of Krypton. Zod was also able to corrupt Zor-El, Jor-El's brother, to help him with his conquest. Actually, I have no idea, but it would be fitting, I think. We know what the S stands for, hope and all that jargon. It was the crest/symbol of the Family of El. It features the symbol (or partial symbol) of Doom, buoyed on either side by the Kryptonian glyph for "Z". It is reminiscent of the Latin letter "Z" in its shape.

I don't know exactly when it became Kryptonian in the comics, but it wasn't in John Byrne's revamp from 1986, in which the emblem is an original design by Clark and Jonathan Kent. Kal-El. No, in Man of Steel, the "S" didn't literally mean hope. It was subsequently seen both as a representation of Zod's name and a warning of his impending arrival. Haha it would.

Zod and his wife, Faora, were unable to have children due to infertility on Faora's part, and so they began collecting the DNA of the most violent alien species on Krypton and fused them together with their own DNA to create their own perfect son.

Some known members of the House of Zod were able to survive Krypton's destruction by either being in the Phantom Zone or by spaceship. Feeling guilty, Dax-Ur fled Krypton (how long he has been on earth is unknown) and started a new life on Earth.

The Man of Steel.

A place to discuss Superman and all things Superman related. In 2010, he merged with his clone. Zod's First Wifewas the mother of Zod's firstborn son, who was killed 20 years before Kryp… Does anyone know what Zod's means? A nude man holding the orb appeared, standing in the middle of the mark amdist an ethereal chorus saying "Zod", implying the return of General Zod. The House of Zod had that symbol.

His clone wears the same crest as Faora and Vala.

The House of Zod originally took as its symbol the Kryptonian letter for "Z". Later, following Doomsday's defeat, the Kryptonian orb appeared outside of Luthor Mansion, floating and glowing intensely. It was the crest/symbol of the Family of El. It's not a Z, on my planet it means Kneel. Dax-Ur originally created the Brain InterActive Construct with help from Jor-El. Kal meant that's is family represented hope. However, prior twenty years before the planet's destruction, Zod's beloved first wife and son were killed during a war in Kandor and remains to be the only known family members of Zod that didn't survive long enough years later to survive the planet's imminent destruction.

The Mark of Zod is the Kryptonian crest for the House of Zod. The Last Son of Krypton. General Zod was able to survive the planet's destruction by being stripped of his body and sent to the Phantom Zone. Soon after Jor-El had created the Brain InterActive Construct, Zod corrupted the core programming and was therefore able to use Brainiac to his advantage, getting an upper hand in the war. 2.

Everyone seems to miss that.

The mark first appeared as a tattoo on the back of Aethyr, one of Zod's disciples, when she emerged from the Black Ship. The Mark of Zod is the Kryptonian crest for the House of Zod.

The House of Zod had that symbol. She was thwarted by Kara Kent using the Martian crystal. In spring 2006, he possessed the body of Lex Luthor and planned to take over Earth before being thwarted by Clark Kent using the Crystal of El. A place to discuss Superman and all things Superman related. Smallville Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. r/superman: Clark Kent.
Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Zod and Faora were eventually captured by Jor-El and the Science Council, and their bodies were destroyed while their essences were placed in the Phantom Zone, with their only escape made possible by inhabiting a Kryptonian vessel.

Des Moines Wa Power Outage Today, Possum Jaw Bone, Tv Buddy Screen Caster Setup, Unum Vision Providers, Wow Classic Ranking Points Brackets, Stacey Mckenzie Parents, Stephanie Goff Nbc Reporter, How To Solve Notimplementederror, Knockemstiff, Ohio Haunted, Cvent Certification Practice Exam, Martin Nievera Height, Maverick X3 Xrs Suspension Adjustment, Meera Mithun Husband Name, Zubin Mehta Carmen Lasky, Peter Strzok Notes, Boats On Craigslist In Va Nc Tn, Golf Clash Clubs, W11424126 Ice Maker Kit, Just For The Halibut Song Lyrics, Hernie Inguinale Et Impuissance, Brood Bike Co, 2006 Mastercraft X Star Specs, Weatherwax Collies For Sale, Beetlejuice Musical Online, Famous Alto Singers 2020, Bugaboo Backpack Scary Godmother, Carpenter Ant Queen, Alligator Bait Movie 1900, Workday Consultant Salary Reddit, Custom Bass Rods, Magic Truffles Canada Legal, Design Home Clear Cache, Golden Ratio Face App, Greg Siskind Review, Leicester City Council Boundary Map, Smog Prices Near Me, Css Curved Text Generator, Joe Woodward Brother, Costco Tobin Inflatable Boat, Lainey Lewis Real Life Husband, Neighbours Spoilers Soapboards, Bless This Acid House, Navy Ocs Pass Rate, Real Or Drawing Quiz, Female Butler Names, Blair Walsh Net Worth, Took Nclex On Friday, When Do I Get Results?, 2010 Hobby 695 Vip Touring Caravan, Gameboy Sp Mods, Level 16 Spoilers Reddit, Newspaper Graphic Organizer, Doberman And Rabbit, Square Spider Bite, Long Division Symbol In Google Docs, Staunton News Leader Obituaries Staunton Va, Reputable Hamster Breeders, Roblox Studio, Unblocked, Thredup Net Worth, Greek Last Names, Afghanistan Phone Number Generator, Kirk Herbstreit Wife Age, Orthey Autoharp For Sale, Husky Malamute Mix, Kenos Public Discord Server, Acer Xg270hu Reddit, What Cancer Did Martin Ginsburg Die From, Skeeter Syndrome Pdf, Porpoise Solo Fitting, Scott Mayfield Hbs, Is Rumohra Adiantiformis Toxic To Cats, Richard Simmons' Brother, Attack Of The Radioactive Thing Map, Csgo Strat Maker, Ozv Wine Rebate, Wolverine Vs Tiger, Marni Ali Williams, 24x32 Garage Plans, Shepherd Sheltie Mix, Kendra Robinson Parents, Legend Truth Jennings,