Jones added: “When I made my comeback in boxing, Tom was very instrumental. He was bigger than Floyd and I was worried about that.
When his teaching career brought him to Chicago’s inner city, he set about saving lives — through books and boxing. Yet the life of a gangster was a regular temptation. “Going into that fight, though, when I saw McGregor he was bigger than I thought, longer.

“Now people consider me as one of the best trainers in the world — and it all started from meeting that white guy, Tom O’Shea. He said, ‘you’re a natural’.

"The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. I was like, ‘what is wrong with this dude?’ He was very shook for that fight. “I wanted more.

Nicknamed "The Snake", Jones won the National Golden Gloves 1994 and 1995 and the Heavyweight bronze medal at the 1996 Summer Olympics.

This was Conor McGregor’s first pro-boxing fight, and despite his loss, he did not disappoint. Said to be one of America’s toughest neighbourhoods, many of his friends were drawn into the gang life and never got out. He became a trainer to his 1996 Olympic team-mate Floyd Mayweather and was involved in historic fights with the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Manny Pacquaio and Conor McGregor. Floyd Mayweather works out with Nate Jones Credit: Getty The episode was not found or is unavailable. The Chicago boxer learned on the job and even brought some teachings from O’Shea into camp.

Six times. But even while he was locked up, it was his coach who kept cajoling him, telling him there was more to life. Floyd Mayweather Jr. padwork with Roger Mayweather and Nate Jones - Duration: 13:09. ALSO READ : “You’re Supposed to Be My Promoter” – Ryan Garcia Slams Oscar De La Hoya in a Deleted Tweet, “I Hope She’s in a Better Place” – Lewis Hamilton Pays Touching Tribute to his Pet Dog Coco, “Stop Playing Games!”- Dustin Poirier Not Happy With Dana White And the UFC in Deleted Tweet, Conor McGregor and UFC Stars Showcase Their Halloween Spirit. “When I came home, I wasn’t even home for two weeks and I got caught with some marijuana. Jones said: “Growing up in Cabrini-Green, you grew up seeing a lot of bad things, a lot of shootings, a lot of killings, losing family members, losing friends to violence. That’s the part that shocked me the most because going into the fight, McGregor was talking a lot of smack. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. I was like, ‘what is wrong with this dude?’.

“When Floyd wrapped his hands they sent someone to watch us to make sure he wasn’t doing anything illegal, and vice versa. NATE JONES’ journey took him from the projects to the podium — with a Dubliner by his side. Conor McGregor appeared to extremely confident during the build-up to the fight. The fight was one of the greatest spectacles, combat sports has ever witnessed. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. I wanted my name to mean more than it could have meant by just being on the block with the guys. Both boxers turned pro after the 96 Games, where Mayweather lost for the last time — to Serafim Todorov of Bulgaria. “And he brought to the table his size. And I hung up. Jones lost the bout that would have set up a crack at the world heavyweight title and, after noticing some damage, walked away. Cassius Clay, later to be known as Muhammad Ali, was a team-mate. That’s where I met Mayweather, we both won the nationals that year in Milwaukee and we were inseparable from that day, the best of friends.”.

Nathaniel Henry "Nate" Jones (born August 18, 1972) is an American former Olympic and professional boxer. After two victories over limited foes, Jones stepped up against future titlist Lamon Brewster, who destroyed Jones in a TKO 3. Nate Jones, who is a part of Floyd Mayweather’s entourage has made an interesting claim about the boxing match between Mayweather and McGregor. I wanted to win a medal and do something big.

John Deere 345 Mulching Kit, Add Me Up On Snapchat Meaning In Urdu, Nhl 20 Crack, Piper Aerostar Crash, Lively Place Channel Guide, Frank Slootman Net Worth, Hells Angels Usa, Wil Dasovich Net Worth, Minecraft Island Seeds Ps4, All Or Nothing Manchester City Subtitles, Vernee Watson Welcome Back, Kotter, Bmw E60 Fuel Pump Control Module Location, Daystar Subject Bible, Greek Symbol For Breathe, Star Command Ships, Cut Pineapple Left Out Overnight, Maya Eshet Height, Olg Retailer Support Number, Pea Gravel Concrete Mix Ratio, Robert Smithson Entropy And The New Monuments, George T Stagg Glencairn, Starsiege Tribes 2020, Citroen C3 Problems, Doc'' Scurlock Descendants, Warren Malone Janna Levin, Frankenstein Quotes Explained, Hamish Macdonald Net Worth, Growing Up On A Farm College Essay, Athlon Midas Btr Review, Cartoon Beatbox Battles All Winners, The Jonestown Haunting Rotten Tomatoes, Hilarious Descriptions Of Rugby Players By Position, Kepa Arrizabalaga Height, Ron Havana Club, How Many Years Is A Trillion Days, Yes Movie Websites, Jatt Caste List In Punjab, Jakers Menu Nutrition Facts, Mad Marsh Horse Weakness, Monkey Song Lyrics,