It's an easy enough test. I used locally manufactured cast lead bullets and skipped the tumbler as my once fired brass that I had saved was in decent shape. This now drops at 168 grains, with the soft & heavy alloy. Consider how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. If you can’t afford it, keep saving until you can get one. On top is a 5 shot group with13.5 grains of H110. I’m about to graduate from a turret to a Dillon. I can’t find the mythical shell plate holder for my Hornady LocknLoad progressive. I noticed that the third case has a split mouth... not good. One of my favorite mould manufactuers. If you are looking for a good buy, the post mid-1980's Taurus are well made pieces. I don’t have a progressive, but do practice batch loading in larger “lots” as you describe. While the revolver divisions of IPSC and IDPA are dwindling in participation numbers, they’re extremely rewarding to focus on. Stay tuned, the range will be opening soon and more results are one the way.

A new Rossi is on the way, if you haven't cast/loaded/shot one of these, see if you can get your hands on one. I got into reloading .44 magnum because a friend gave me 2 sets of dies and 1000 bullets. I keep a log of all the ammo I reload and surpassed the break-even point long ago. Right now, I’m loading 9mm for about $0.20 a round…accurate, reliable and with good terminally performing bullets. This isn’t crap ammo either. It’s a fallacy because I’m not getting paid for the time I spend handloading anyway. My favorite screw up is sending a powder less bullet about half way down the barrel.. accuracy. I actually think a Turret is safer and less error prone for a new guy. My worry is that I’ll get a decent setup but never use it. A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, NRA Life Member. So far, this magnum load likes a short OAL, a Lee sized bullet (finger pressure to get it through the throats) and a heavy crimp. Time spent picking up brass after range sessions, time spent sorting and inspecting the brass. First, the punch lineup: The flat punch produces good results with this large meplat bullet, with groups less than 1 inch, at 25 yards & off a rest. Pan-lubing and then sizing with the custom Lee nose-first .360 sizer proved to be the most accurate combination. It’s pretty cool dropping the hammer on that first cartridge you reloaded by yourself. Buying a nice turret press is on my to do list, not so much as a cost savings as for consistency plus guarding against the ~next~ ammo drought (you know there’s going to be one). This full-house load works the best, still loaded short with the same 1.560 OAL, but with a heavy crimp.
I’ve thought about doing this. Eventually, I just toss out any suspect case. I'm really looking forward to ringing this out! I load 9mm using coated lead bullets I buy in bulk. I kept thinking man I hope i didn’t screw up somewhere. As a new reloader, I just figured this out. the wife did not like the hammering though. We need to account for shipping, and with hazmat fees, shipping adds up quick. Bullets with a different nose/lube groove configuration may vary from this. I pickup all of the brass that I can and trade loaded rounds for brass with my friends. The basic rule for shooting cast is for the throats to be bigger than groove diameter, whatever they actually measure is less important, in my opinion. Well in the past people have told me not to get into reloading for 9mm but today I bought a .357. I buy powder at the local reloading store where I live. Adjusted 1/2 turn, for non-magnum loads. The most important point he made is to find a friend who reloads and borrow their stuff or see if they will let you hang around their house for hours on end to see if it is right for you. As for the no time remark…yes some people truly dont have the time. The problem is, my one NOE custom nose punch isn't very helpful to you or anyone else. The bonus is the bench is useful for other projects and tools. Most Accurate Powder - Poll Results (updated chart as of October, 2011), Multi-forum Poll: Most Popular Powder for Handguns, Accuracy Results: Lyman 357-446 & Lyman 358-429. Including instructions. Look for sales. Assuming a 7 grain charge of powder and that you have your dies, etc. At least in a 6 inch revolver, it does smooth out the recoil. In the end. These are two different loads. 3 dies, manually charges, etc. Pistol on a single stage press is SLOW.

It’s not like I’m skipping paid work to load ammo, though that has a nice ring to it. Also, aren’t there quick-change set-ups for dies nowadays? There aren't many places to get a Keith six cavity mould, as a matter of fact a custom mould is the only way I know of. i made quite a few rounds and did end up shooting more, and i liked doing it while watching tv. Of course, you’ll need to be able to secure your components when not at the bench. Even Cabela's sells those and often have 10 and 20% off coupon. The last couple of Lyman 358-429's that I bought cast .356-.357 bullets. There are some very accurate loads already in my results-database. I keep that barrel on my bench and take a good look down the bore before I grab the press handle. Now you can get any bullet you want, without having to waiting for group buys. I guess I will argue this. It seems that I now have two shooting hobbies – one is turning loaded rounds into empty brass and the other is turning empty brass into loaded rounds! But the guy i learned from used to to ask people who wanted cheaper ammo but said they didnt have time, “do you have a favorite tv show or two?” Almost all of the guys said yes and named off at least 1 or 2. I would like to sell it all to one person if at all possible. Commercial .38s make for light recoil, inexpensive .357 practice rounds. Everyone on the internet gripes about it, but mine has been flawless. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=410804, Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Using the same 2X scope as before, I didn't expect much. If you know that you don’t want to deal with molten lead and casting- then there’s no sense getting the 500 grain scale. So how does the no-frills Ruger AR-556 perform when put to the test?

I reload for pistols, revolvers, and rifles. John’s been gone for quite a few years now. A Lee custom mould looks just like their standard mould, from the outside. I choose for .360 to be the minimum. I started with a single stage Pacific (now Hornady) and still have the item plus a much used Dillon 550 and an RCBS progressive and a Lee for large caliber.

Also, I discovered the Midsouth Tumbler Kit, which is a really great value at around $73.

if you reload for high precision rifle, as single stage will likely give the best accuracy/consistency at the cost of time. The most accurate ammo possible is developed with the surprising results published right here. MTM Case-Gard P-50 Original Series Flip Top Handgun Ammo Box .38 Special/.357 Ma... MTM Case-Gard P-50 Original Series Flip Top Handgu... MTM Case-Gard P-100 Series .357 Magnum 100 Rounds Flip Top Handgun Cartridge Box... MTM Case-Gard P-100 Series .357 Magnum 100 Rounds ... Lee Precision .357 Magnum Quick Trim Die Body 90088. That's getting up there for a 357 magnum. Absolutely worth it. You are also going to buy oddball guns you wouldn’t have otherwise bought because you can make ammo for it. I’ve seen the press mounted to a wood fastened like a “T” under it that then is easily clamped in the workbench. It also makes sense to give it test and see if there's any improvement in the Rossi.

I got into reloading because my G17L requires 9mm +P+ to cycle and its a bit hard to find. The rifle FCD is adjusted to touch the shell plate on the press. 1911. For a light target load, 3.5 grains of Bulleye is a top perfomer. I load 9mm on a single stage for 10¢/rnd using bulk components, and enjoy the hobby, so absolutely worth it for me. That is, at what point would your savings on ammunition equal what you spent on equipment to get started? This kind of analysis serves only one purpose. Very accurate, and a great load that anyone can shoot. Then I decided to try loading black powder shotgun rounds….. A forum community dedicated to Ruger firearm owners and enthusiasts. For example. The deep fit / snug fit middle punch came with a NOE mould. Required fields are marked *. That just doesn't seem right,  Thinking through the different accuracy tests ant the results (over the past several years and tens of thousands of bullets), I knew this bullet shot best when sized in a custom Lee sizer and tumble lubed. I cast my own, get wheel weights at a good price. The difference between the 158 and 180 grain bullets on the pins is remarkable. i bought a turrent press for little more than a single stage and the dies are the same, so it is a wash. i now have a couple calibers in the turret, and i simply added more turret disks to mount the dies in and switching calibers is really fast and easy. For this analysis, we’re going to negate the cost of brass. We are looking to free up the room. Lee Precision .357 Magnum Case Trim Gauge and Shel... Lee Precision #1 Load Master Shell Plate Steel 90907. Tubs The most accurate ammo possible is developed with the surprising results published right here. The same goes for my .460 XVR. No need to buy a reloading manual as it’s all on line these days. He as an expencive reloading Room.

Jessica Benson 3lw Instagram, Helen Sloan Belfast, Rashmirathi English Pdf, Boulies Vs Secret Lab, Série Telenovelas En Français Complet, Shimano Saragosa 4000f Specs, Nature Conservancy Adams County Ohio, Ar Book List 1st Grade, Donut Go Breaking My Heart, Thoth Tarot Spreads, Song Placement Opportunities, Jessica Holmes Jonnie Irwin Wedding Photos, Plancher Vinyle Rouleau Canac, Rachel Ward Net Worth, Jane Wheeler Poet, Is Gamulator Safe, Coiffure Africaine Pour Petite Fille, Android Adaptive Icon Generator, The Office Bloopers Season 2, Buy Cigarettes Online Canada Paypal, Natalie Wihongi Wikipedia, Mossberg 500 Foregrip, Autonomous Bike Chair, Oss 117 Le Caire Nid D'espions Skstream, James Spader Elijah Spader, Steph Duvall Bio, M276 Engine Tuning, Sonic The Hedgehog Flash Game, Georgina Papafotiou Biography, Yamaha U1 Price, Tippecanoe River Fishing, Frank Walton Everett, Wa, Adm Goat Feed, Sadie Sadie Oh What A Lady, Mike Mccready House, Cream Legbar Bantam, Travis Mullen Net Worth 2019, Trove How To Remove Gems, Susan Bordo Articles, Kelela Red Scare, Silva Zoldyck Age, Best Arcanes Warframe, Dandy Don Lsu, Ajs 370 Stormer, 1985 Suzuki Fa50 For Sale, Silky Terrier Puppies For Sale In Kansas, Denomination Math Problems, Best Golf Game For Mac 2019, Sissy Spacek Charlottesville, Does My Vw Have A Dpf, Daily Tv Ratings, Boar Out There By Cynthia Rylant Pdf, Morden Hall Park Angling Club, Ds3 Hollow Dark Sword, Cyclocosmia Truncata For Sale, Cota De Malla De Goliat, Should I Wait For Ryzen 4th Gen, Who Said "accuse The Other Side Of That Which You Are Guilty", Arbitrage Movie Plot Holes, Sonoyta Border Phone Number, Isuzu 4x4 Npr For Sale, Sofyan Bey Bell's Palsy, Steve Cohen Mets, Sans Theme Ukulele, Les Liaisons Dangereuses Film Streaming Vf Gratuit, What Network Does Qlink Wireless Use, Wrko Newscaster Fired, Original Bowie Knife, Essential Cell Biology Exam Questions, Irish Accent Voice Generator, Nicky Morgan Husband, Does Green Tea Stain Teeth, Does Crunchyroll Have One Piece Dub, Thematic Essay On Dred Scott V Sandford, Mexicano 777 Hija, Dynatrap Stand Only, Nebraska Hog Hunting, Semainier 2020 à Imprimer Gratuit, 80s Night Clubs In Kent, Sas: Who Dares Wins Winners Where Are They Now, Fundable Com Complaints, Kiss Daniel Ello Baby '' Naijaloaded, Thanos Google Trick Not Working, Tightrope Chords Janelle Monáe, 10 Bolt Torque Pattern, Sean Wolfington House, Vemuri Radhakrishna Net Worth, Elena Davies Net Worth,